Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

I'm digging it. Are you going to do the camo schemes as well? Your desert camo on the current M4/M16s are one of my favorite textures.

I'mma try this out with the Altis Defense Forces and have some combat screenshots ready just because.

Here's a WIP screenshot of the M4A1:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281171992791989580/1D7E5F72C164FB1C9650F4DA240D3331E34E1C1C/

100% My textures now. I'm not done, but they'll look close to what it already looks like now.

Wow, that is mint! For some reason it reminds me of the hey-day of custom modelling for Counter-Strike, no baking normals on a high-poly model just brilliant artistry on the diffuse map.

I'm digging it. Are you going to do the camo schemes as well? Your desert camo on the current M4/M16s are one of my favorite textures.

I really want anyways to get some identical ones on the updated models for the M4/M16 platform. I liked the desert M16A4 myself.

Are Groups included in this add on? For like easy unit placement for ALIVE and simple put together missions for SP

Are Groups included in this add on? For like easy unit placement for ALIVE and simple put together missions for SP

Good that you brought that up. There's not any pre-made groups currently, but I'll see to have them included whenever this gets updated.

Here's how the M4A1 textures

of mine currently look:

(M4A1)

(M4A1) (RIS)

(M4A1) (RIS) (CQB)

(M4A1) (RIS) (Frontgrip)

(M4A1) (RIS) (M203)

Edited by AlexVestin

Alex i must say , you did very nice job on those textures :)

Only one suggestion - if you want be accurate with those markings , US army uses Colt m203's

since i haven't seen LMT m203 being used by them , maybe they bought some of them but then there is M320 which they like to replace old m203

They look great! WOnder if they are better than even RH's now! By the looks of it they could be.

Very awesome M4 textures. Can't wait till this new version comes out!

Every day i'm looking at this thread with hope that today is the day when Alex give a link to download his mod.

Every day i'm looking at this thread with hope that today is the day when Alex give a link to download his mod.

I have to agree to this, I cant wait Alex!

Alex i must say , you did very nice job on those textures :)

Only one suggestion - if you want be accurate with those markings , US army uses Colt m203's

Cheers. Means a lot :)

I've been looking at real pictures, but the metal seems different in every picture I find. Textures are created using dDo. It took a few tries to get it right, but I think it's on it's way. TIGGs model has been great to work from.

I do want to have accurate markings, but have not found a decent picture to work from of a Colt branded M203. Your link 403's to me. M320 is also something I've been looking around for. Probably not looked around enough :p Someone brought up you and ones on a HK416 from ACE2 a few pages back. Were they specifically created for the HK416's?

Thank you all for the kinds words. The M16's once it comes along will be created with textures really close to like these with their own branding on the reciever. As long as I can find the right kind of rails for an M16A4.

Edited by AlexVestin

Someone brought up you and ones on a HK416 from ACE2 a few pages back. Were they specifically created for the HK416's?

The GL on RH's HK416 was modified from the AG-SA80 that Chris/Pathy made for the UKF Weapons pack. The M320 on the ACE HK416s was made bespoke, along with the rifles, by panda[pl].

Wow, looks nothing like what you started with, great work AV!

Hope you're finding some good sounds to go with those textures :p

http://imgur.com/a/iOAmc - here you got it , also when i was searching for that colt m203 , there are LMT m203 used - so its up to you then :D

Yeah, LMT one there is the one I've worked from. Thank you. I see there that I can just tweak the M4A1 branding and merge it with my LMT and it should work perfectly as the Colt M203 branding :)

Wow, looks nothing like what you started with, great work AV!

Hope you're finding some good sounds to go with those textures :p

Currently been experimenting with JSRS 2.0 sounds. But only those already included with JSRS 2.0.

It is possible for me to include a optional config wich lets them use the improved sounds + distance effects.

You could ask for the A2 sounds from JSRS! A really good work so far!

Any plans for some vehicle?

M4s look phenomenal! Cant wait to see what you pump out next. (Fingers crossed for that M320)

Great mod. This has been one of the greatest mods since the release of Arma 3, i have been using your mod since v 1.1 and it is looking better each time. I have seen your WIP pictures for the m4a1 and theres is a little issue on the marking, no important at all but just to be perfect, here's the real marking on a US-issued M4A1, hope thats help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-dR8yq8smDdWROaTliWF9tZU0/edit?usp=sharing

Also, what is M103? Is that a gun or an artillery? The M40a3 is only issued to the Marines so you can probably forget that and you can try making the M24E1[aka xm2010] because its now issued to the army already[pic here, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-dR8yq8smDN19pUlFLLWU4eVE/edit?usp=sharing]. If I am getting a little bit too annoying here, I apologize. But thanks anyway, you have done a great job

Edited by not_majority

Great mod. This has been one of the greatest mods since the release of Arma 3, i have been using your mod since v 1.1 and it is looking better each time. I have seen your WIP pictures for the m4a1 and theres is a little issue on the marking, no important at all but just to be perfect, here's the real marking on a US-issued M4A1, hope thats help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-dR8yq8smDdWROaTliWF9tZU0/edit?usp=sharing

Also, what is M103? Is that a gun or an artillery? The M40a3 is only issued to the Marines so you can probably forget that and you can try making the M24E1[aka xm2010] because its now issued to the army already[pic here, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-dR8yq8smDN19pUlFLLWU4eVE/edit?usp=sharing]. If I am getting a little bit too annoying here, I apologize. But thanks anyway, you have done a great job

If you're annoying, then you're the right kind of annoying :) Thanks for the input. The picture of the reciever is super helpful.

Oh, and the M103 was a typo. It's meant to be the M136 (AT-4). Else I think it would've been a tank, wich I do not have. I'm not that happy with how my M136 currently works.

I actually knew that the M40A3 is issued to the Marines (Isn't it the same with M16A4's?), I just thought it could be a plus still. I won't put that much effort into it right now so I'll remove it off the list for the time being. It was there in my folder of weapons that could be usable. The M24 I've got is far from in a satisfactory state. It's however a rifle I want included and working correctly someday. M24E1 is something I would not say no to if one were to be available.

Any plans for some vehicle?

Except for retextures, vehicles will take up too much time right now :) Will remain mostly infantry.

Edited by AlexVestin

If you're annoying, then you're the right kind of annoying :) Thanks for the input. The picture of the reciever is super helpful.

Oh, and the M103 was a typo. It's meant to be the M136 (AT-4). Else I think it would've been a tank, wich I do not have. I'm not that happy with how my M136 works currently.

I actually knew that the M40A3 is issued to marines (Isn't it the same with M16A4's?), I just thought it could be a plus still. I won't put that much effort into it right now so I'll remove it off the list for teh time being. It was there in my folder of weapons that could be usable. The M24 I've got is far from in a satisfactory state. It's however a rifle I want included and working correctly someday.

Except for retextures, vehicles will take up too much time right now :) Will remain mostly infantry.

sounds like some progress Alex, and yes those are issued to marines, the US army uses the MAAWS i believe

sounds like some progress Alex, and yes those are issued to marines, the US army uses the MAAWS i believe

The M40A3 is a sniper rifle and its US Army counterpart is the M24/M24E1. Perhaps you are confusing it with the SMAW?

If you need any closeup pictures on M9, 1911, M16A4 and M4A1, I can take some more pictures on the receivers and barrels markings Cheers :)

If you need any closeup pictures on M9, 1911, M16A4 and M4A1, I can take some more pictures on the receivers and barrels markings Cheers :)

All kinds of markings are of interest :)

The weapons you listed are planned to make their ways into A3 at a time unspecified, one way or another. The area that I know is missing the most details for my M4A1's are the carryhandle range adjustments etc. and the barrel have none. There are probably lots of smaller markings missing also. I do not have anything to work from when it comes to M16A4's either. There's very few pictures actually being useful found on google. If you do find time and take pictures, feel free to pm them to me whenever and I'll make sure the details end up on the pistols/rifles.