Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

i have realised with a mod installed (unable to ID which) all sights become incompatible with all weapons

i have realised with a mod installed (unable to ID which) all sights become incompatible with all weapons

Probably whatever addon adds new sights. Maybe FHQ?

There´s a ASDG railsystem plugin for Alexvestin M4 on the ASDG thread or some pages back here.. =) (work as a charm)

It is also on the first page of this thread. Here it is again.

Optional download to get ASDG Joint Rails compatible weapons for IndUs 1.6:

Download Link, provided by Stiltman

Hope it helps :)

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I might also need some advice on backpacks. I will look around but I thought I'd ask here still.

Is there a backpack that would be considered to be the standard backpack for ARMY units 2010?

Edited by AlexVestin

I think the vest is strictly an early model IOTV, I don't know when they started fielding the new gens, but they have minor differences all over (For example the single molle strip on the shoulder protector and a different rank tab, no nametape velcro on the chest, new fastening hooks... I could be wrong, but I think they started to get new armor along with the new OCP pattern. Wasn't that beginning to be fielded in 2010, or 2011? Edit: http://pointblankenterprises.com/protectiveproductsenterprises/?product=iotv recent model of the armor. Sry, but this just caught my eye

I would be extremely thrilled to have this kind of kit in the game, no matter the period, really: the vest is looking brilliant, and along with some kind of proper soldier model, takistan would be in flames again for me (at least, once somebody with talent manages to get the takiban ingame too.).

Lookin forward to seeing more, wishing you much fun and success with your work!

Yep, and M4's only do semi and 3-round bursts. I believe the M4A1's and M16A4's are currently replacing the M4's and M16A3's respectively for the Army and Marines.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is, would you consider bringing in the M320 to replace the aging 203? Its also apparently replacing all 203's in the Army.

Now Im probably getting too demanding. :o

M16a3 was never in service with the USMC or US Army ;)

Any specific gear? :D

Here's one of my most recent WIP screenshots:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/12/39me.jpg

I am still very far from updating this pack. There's way too many bugs and things to complete before I can do that.

And it's not like there's just one vest, a helmet and a rifle to complete. It's a whole library of stuff.

One thing to note is that I am also testing how things look when I convert to using "Shadow buffer" shadows instead of the "Stencil shadow". As visible in the screenshot above, all gear has the softer shadow, while the default character body uses stencils. Will hopefully sort that out too.

How did you rig the upper arm piece to the unit? I'm making a marine mod with AngelWingGamingJacob to use along side your mod and I'd love to get my mod as good as yours is becoming

How did you rig the upper arm piece to the unit? I'm making a marine mod with AngelWingGamingJacob to use along side your mod and I'd love to get my mod as good as yours is becoming

The entire protection piece is a part of the vest and is weighted to a selection called "LeftArm" or "RightArm".

Done the same way the vest is weighted to "Spine", "Spine1", "Spine2", "Spine3".

A vest is not restricted to any parts of the body.

You could throw a helmet into the same LOD as the vest and weight it to "LeftFoot" if you want :D

The entire protection piece is a part of the vest and is weighted to a selection called "LeftArm" or "RightArm".

Done the same way the vest is weighted to "Spine", "Spine1", "Spine2", "Spine3".

A vest is not restricted to any parts of the body.

You could throw a helmet into the same LOD as the vest and weight it to "LeftFoot" if you want :D

So in theory I could put a whole uniform in 1 LOD and it would work correctly if I weighted it to the correct part? And how does one Weight the uniform? I would love to use that to make a EOD suit / Vest

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

**Also, I would like to say I love how your models are coming along from the simple retextures, I can't tell you how happy I was when this first released, Hopefully my mod will be up to par and feel right playing along side your Army units :D

I think the vest is strictly an early model IOTV, I don't know when they started fielding the new gens, but they have minor differences all over (For example the single molle strip on the shoulder protector and a different rank tab, no nametape velcro on the chest, new fastening hooks... I could be wrong, but I think they started to get new armor along with the new OCP pattern. Wasn't that beginning to be fielded in 2010, or 2011? Edit: http://pointblankenterprises.com/protectiveproductsenterprises/?product=iotv recent model of the armor. Sry, but this just caught my eye

The vests I have along with it's textures are the same as default A2:OA gear. What gen does it look like that I have? Gen 1?

I'm unsure what difference it'd do right now, but it's good to know and be able to keep in mind.

I would be extremely thrilled to have this kind of kit in the game, no matter the period, really: the vest is looking brilliant, and along with some kind of proper soldier model, takistan would be in flames again for me (at least, once somebody with talent manages to get the takiban ingame too.)

I want to get them in-game too, but common sense have put me off. "takiban", lol. I'm thinking I'd make this pack more complete first before I work on something else that takes a lot of work/time :)

So in theory I could put a whole uniform in 1 LOD and it would work correctly if I weighted it to the correct part? And how does one Weight the uniform? I would love to use that to make a EOD suit / Vest

The only real difference between Uniform/Vest/Helmet items are their functions in the game. They can all share each others visuals with no problem.

A vest item that looks like a EOD suit and takes up the vest slot, can have all the EOD suit parts like the arms and legs included. It'll just have to be thicker than the uniform that could possibly be used underneath. Wich it surely would be anyways.

I can however not help with weighting something from the ground up. I have just modified already existing weighted vertices.

I will have to learn that myself sooner or later. Good luck on your project :)

The only real difference between Uniform/Vest/Helmet items are their functions in the game. They can all share each others visuals with no problem.

A vest item that looks like a EOD suit and takes up the vest slot, can have all the EOD suit parts like the arms and legs included. It'll just have to be thicker than the uniform that could possibly be used underneath. Wich it surely would be anyways.

I can however not help with weighting something from the ground up. I have just modified already existing weighted vertices.

I will have to learn that myself sooner or later. Good luck on your project :)

The question now, could you post some form of example of this weighting? I'd love to start modifying the fuck out of the example vest so I can use this method (since porting OA Vest is a pain and I'm failing, and using vanilla assets only gets me so far :L)

You should totally do a USMC pack after you finish this up.

Me and Atin are doing that, its made to go along side this in some parts, basically like Combined Operations

Good work Alex

I might also need some advice on backpacks. I will look around but I thought I'd ask here still.

Is there a backpack that would be considered to be the standard backpack for ARMY units 2010?

Ey Alex, great work. I´ve been looking around. It´s look like the standard backpack for 2010 was the second generation of MOLE manufactured by BAE system and Eagles Industries.

Oficial PEO Soldier portfolio. Complete and downloadable here on scribd. For FY2012 here. For FY2011 here also in scribd. Around 100mb the pdf files.

That year was introduced the MOLLE II medium rucksack (3,000 cubic inches), before was only the MOLLE II Large Rucksack (2900 cubic inches) and the MOLLE II Assault Pack (1525 cubic inches).

The medium rucksack is the 72hrs or 3 day backpack.

Operators Manual MODULAR LIGHTWEIGHT LOAD-CARRYING EQUIPMENT (MOLLE) II pdf.

MOLLE II Assault Pack

13265.jpg

13265b.jpg

13265d.jpg

MOLLE II Medium Rucksack

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/medium-ruck-front.jpg (141 kB)

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/medium-ruck-side.jpg (124 kB)

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Medium-Rucksack.jpg (106 kB)

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/medium-ruck-top.jpg (201 kB)

MOLLE II Large Rucksack

940x529.jpg

I hope it helps.

Edited by mrnchvs
Correct pictures

Hey atin i got 2 things to note

1. Are you going to add a AH-64D into this mod

2. Also i got to do some editing to the N-B USMC MATV Desert now because ours look too similar (exact same shade of tan) the only way to spot the difference is look at the back net thing (ours is brown while yours is tan) xD

but yea i cant wait for the day i can walk down the streets of Takistan with AV_INDUS Army garrisoning Faruz while the Marines patrol trough the hot zones

The vests I have along with it's textures are the same as default A2:OA gear. What gen does it look like that I have? Gen 1?

I'm unsure what difference it'd do right now, but it's good to know and be able to keep in mind...

The OA vest is a gen 1, apparently, yes. The difference is really just aesthetical, and from a distance not noticeable at all, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.... like I said, it just caught my eye and I thought I'd mention it.

Cool'd be also if the loadout could be a bit heftier. More pouches, dingle-dongle and battle rattle.

Hey Alex, you should ask Sabre for any thing he used on his OA Australian mod, the uniforms in that would fit modern kits pretty darn well... just a thought :rolleyes:

In due time I guess I'll ask atleast, unless he stops by :)

I've been tinkering with the female side of soldiers too thanks to timnem. I do not have female soldiers yet, but I also figured out how to properly create my own 'base male character' that is easily changable when the time comes to get some female characters in. I've been trying to do that with most stuff. I moved around all the files to hopefully get it organized and understandable for others that might look at the files.

@up, no offense but those are way too small for ArmA looks like it would only carry a Vests worth of gear

Alright. Seems very clear now. Thank you :)

I am looking for these then:

MOLLE II Assault Pack, Medium Rucksack or Large Rucksack and the Eagle Modular Assault Pack as a plus.

That last one might be small, and if I ever get a hold of one, it wont be for a regular unit.

@up, no offense but those are way too small for ArmA looks like it would only carry a Vests worth of gear
Every situation doesn't call for 100 pounds of crap.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt_4cexZaSVMO8b9Uxx3txaxmFvFGVM0KYBg9-8htcK2bn8AFSMg

Standard Issue in fact. U.S. Army Standard Issue MOLLE II Assault Pack

I agree Habitz though it is ArmA and well you need 100 5.56 rounds just to kill 20 guys (exaggerating). So it may look small but you can still change the value on it to where you can add a bit more that what it should IRL.

Alright. I've also thought about something else. All units in ArmA have always been equipped with a secondary weapon. I had a thought of that not being the case IRL. How are f.e the M9 issued to soldiers?