Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Well I deployed with 1-4 Cav to Iraq (2004-05) and also was with C 1-26 in 2008-2009 in Afghanistan so I'm the same way man :)

So if you can send it to me it'd be cool as well ;)

OIF 6-7, 9-10, and OEF 12-13 for me.

I can't release anything without Alex's permission, nor would I. Besides, the config would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, and I shit-canned the project after figuring out that the model would have to be edited to remove the mirrored IR Flag. But I made some decent progress. All of the individual units were unique with appropriate rank for PLT positions, different name tapes (guys from my Co.), tabs, moto patches, etc etc. I'd have liked to have finished it, but it turned out to be more work than I have time or patience for.

Old WIP pic:

Iwxervhl.jpg

Okay no problems then man... Guess I'll have to tweak my own stuff.

For some reason, trying to give myself the AT4 via VAS only gives me AT4 rockets.

Anyone else getting this issue?

For some reason, trying to give myself the AT4 via VAS only gives me AT4 rockets.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Yep. Me too!

I shit-canned the project after figuring out that the model would have to be edited to remove the mirrored IR Flag

I know how are you feeling, bro. I hope BI devs will release more stuff for modding the Arma 3. I simply cant understand why are they killing mod development by waiting for a next game to release previous's content needed for it's modding - which leads to situation where modders cant be up-to-date with newest Arma serials, which content is going to be published anyway. :confused: So, at the end - we will be able to mod the Arma 3 only when Arma 4 is released, and so on.

Will you be making some more variations of your vests by any chance? Possibly with camelbaks or items of that sort

It's really outdated, though. I am still working!

Might get a wip screen up sometime soon with some of the newer content.

Nice, Alexvestin, I use your units a lot and I´m waiting anxiously for these updates ;) (BTW, is the Javelin going to be features in a future release? Its thread is quite quiet lately, hope you haven´t reached a stalement with the code and put it on hold)

Cheers!

The Javelin will be a part of these units, but it has actually been on hold for some time now. (I really want to include it still when it's done :D)

Some other stuff has got quite the nice overhaul, though.

Looking forward to the OCP guys, Alex. Cant wait!

One thing Im curious about, will you continue to use your own-made weapons already included in the mod for these guys or will you be changing that to require 3rd party weapon mods?

I was thinking the same thing Modder, if you plan on using a third party mod, could you use Robert Hammer's M4 Pack? Those weapons are top notch!

I like Av´s M4s, Mk11 and M16A4, they just lack grenade launchers (I mean, the M4A1, SOPMOD and M16A4) - thou this could be one of AlexVestin´s overhauls ;)

They´ve got camoflaged versions and they don´t impact on performance (RH´s M4 have a heavy LOD so more than 10 guns and you´ll notice a fps drop - the price you pay for top notchness on arma engine)

;2602523']I like Av´s M4s' date=' Mk11 and M16A4, they just lack grenade launchers (I mean, the M4A1, SOPMOD and M16A4) - thou this could be one of AlexVestin´s overhauls ;)

They´ve got camoflaged versions and they don´t impact on performance (RH´s M4 have a heavy LOD so more than 10 guns and you´ll notice a fps drop - the price you pay for top notchness on arma engine)[/quote']

True. I see your points made and I agree with them. I would just like to see some more texture overhauls, I like them too, they just still have some texture problems. The sounds are great though!

;2602523']I like Av´s M4s' date=' Mk11 and M16A4, they just lack grenade launchers (I mean, the M4A1, SOPMOD and M16A4) - thou this could be one of AlexVestin´s overhauls ;)

They´ve got camoflaged versions and they don´t impact on performance (RH´s M4 have a heavy LOD so more than 10 guns and you´ll notice a fps drop - the price you pay for top notchness on arma engine)[/quote']

True. I see your points made and I agree with them. I would just like to see some more texture overhauls, I like them too, they just still have some texture problems. The sounds are great though!

Yep, I also reckon its just GL variants and maybe more M16s that the mods weapon pack lacks. Perhaps these points could be addressed in the next release:

- M4 renamed to M4A1, since full-auto fire isnt possible on the M4 (I know this ones a bit netpicky :P )

- recoil on the weapons cause the player to kickback and jitter a lot, almost think that the poor bastards gonna lose his spine.

- AT4 reloading is very slow and isnt a one-shot disposable launcher, able to carry around an extra rocket for reload.

Otherwise, I certainly have no problems with these guns being used and really keen to know what the overhauls are!

One thing Im curious about, will you continue to use your own-made weapons already included in the mod for these guys or will you be changing that to require 3rd party weapon mods?
I was thinking the same thing Modder, if you plan on using a third party mod, could you use Robert Hammer's M4 Pack? Those weapons are top notch!

I've got something in the works :)

f70m.jpg

Model & textures created by TIGG. Textures are all placeholders still. I want to have my own.

Currently tested/planned M4A1's are:

M4A1

M4A1 (RIS)

M4A1 (RIS) w/frontgrip

M4A1 (RIS) w/m203

It is the same model that RH worked from, but I have tweaked its proportions heavily. Also, since you brought up performance. I do believe I've managed to keep its performance hit down like needed. The LODs drop heavily in detail with no 'popups', and there's no rvmat information on the last LOD. Old textures also used to take up a lot of resources when there was 9 with huge resolutions, all with their underlaying nohq, smdi maps and more.

I merged them all together into 1 huge 4096 x 4096 texture. Same as the blufor uniform uses.

Like this: http://imageshack.com/a/img829/2259/50jy.jpg

- M4 renamed to M4A1, since full-auto fire isnt possible on the M4 (I know this ones a bit netpicky :P )

Not at all. Thanks for the input. I've already fixed this I believe. My M4A1's are currently semi & full. Is that correct?

Edited by AlexVestin

That's correct AV we use the M4A1 as standard issue in US SF. It's semi and full. Although we rarely use full. We also use the MK262 77gr match grade ammo while deployed when we can. Increased combat effective range out past 600m. It's a great model, I'm working with it also. Great stuff as always keep up the good work

Edited by WarLord554

That's correct AV we use the M4A1 as standard issue in US SF. It's semi and full. Although we rarely use full. We also use the MK262 77gr match grade ammo while deployed when we can. Increased combat effective range out past 600m. It's a great model, I'm working with it also. Great stuff as always keep up the good work

Yep, and M4's only do semi and 3-round bursts. I believe the M4A1's and M16A4's are currently replacing the M4's and M16A3's respectively for the Army and Marines.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is, would you consider bringing in the M320 to replace the aging 203? Its also apparently replacing all 203's in the Army.

Now Im probably getting too demanding. :o

You're not. I really want one :D

If I just can get my hands on a M320 I'll do it.

So far I've been getting a lot of help gathering all the equipment I've needed, but I haven't found a suitable M320 yet.

I am loving all this weapon talk, and I am for sure excited about all the new stuff, but I have to ask.... Any updates on the gear? ;) Gotta love the suspense! Great work btw Alex.

Arma 2 ACE mod had M320's on 2 of their HK416's:

2pxv.jpg

ACE wiki: http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/ACE_HK416_D10_M320

afu3.jpg

ACE wiki: http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/ACE_HK416_D14_COMPM3_M320

and Slatts was working on replacing the SCAR-L's with custom M4's that has both a 320 and an M26 MASS.

Armaholic page link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18690

If Im not mistaken ACE used a lot of RH's A2 weapons and the HK416 series was one of them, so him and Slatts would be the go to guys to get a hold off. ;)

Any updates on the gear? ;)

Any specific gear? :D

Here's one of my most recent WIP screenshots:

39me.jpg

I am still very far from updating this pack. There's way too many bugs and things to complete before I can do that.

And it's not like there's just one vest, a helmet and a rifle to complete. It's a whole library of stuff.

One thing to note is that I am also testing how things look when I convert to using "Shadow buffer" shadows instead of the "Stencil shadow". As visible in the screenshot above, all gear has the softer shadow, while the default character body uses stencils. Will hopefully sort that out too.

Edited by AlexVestin

Here's one of my most recent WIP screenshots:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/12/39me.jpg

I am still very far from updating this pack. There's way too many bugs and things to complete before I can do that.

And it's not like there's just one vest, a helmet and a rifle to complete. It's a whole library of stuff.

Looking great! Well you have our patience and our downloads when you finish! Thanks for the update!