Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Hey AV,

Nice Job man.

I´m puting at the editor the "AV ammo box" (wether its called like that), but it seems not working. It works like the normal NATO weapons inventory.

Im using the v1.6 fixed. The last one published in Armaholic.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

BR

legio4777: The AV ammobox works just like a normal ammobox. What is your problem? :P

AlexVestin: Do you have any news for us? :-)

I love these guys Alex, would you mind showing us the process of making the customized helmets? I can't seem to ever get mine so amazing.

Hey AV,

Nice Job man.

I´m puting at the editor the "AV ammo box" (wether its called like that), but it seems not working. It works like the normal NATO weapons inventory.

Im using the v1.6 fixed. The last one published in Armaholic.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

BR

There are lots of bugs. Many on weapons. Not sure why the box would not work, though.

AlexVestin: Do you have any news for us? :-)

I wouldn't call it news just yet. But I have not stopped working on this even if I'm awfully quiet here in the thread. I have re-worked much content and configs wich also lead to a pile of error pop-ups. I want all of them sorted. I've gotten great help from others wich I really appreciate, and also gone through weapon configs, animations and really started to learn how RVMATs for textures work.

Also found lots of content from A2:OA that really is of interest to me. Both gear and weapons. I'm however not just trying to port content. I want to have it feel and behave like new content completely. Takes a lot of work and time. Good for me I enjoy doing it so much :)

Great attitude.Thanks a lot for work : )

I wouldn't call it news just yet. But I have not stopped working on this even if I'm awfully quiet here in the thread. I have re-worked much content and configs wich also lead to a pile of error pop-ups. I want all of them sorted. I've gotten great help from others wich I really appreciate, and also gone through weapon configs, animations and really started to learn how RVMATs for textures work.

Also found lots of content from A2:OA that really is of interest to me. Both gear and weapons. I'm however not just trying to port content. I want to have it feel and behave like new content completely. Takes a lot of work and time. Good for me I enjoy doing it so much :)

That sounds really good! Keep up the good work, I love your work!

Much could change in the future :)

This is not much to look at, but it shows the basic setup of units so far. Not shown are officers and crew/pilots.

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/8494/s0lb.jpg

Here's a A3 vs IndUs unit comparison in one of the brighter areas of Altis:

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/5474/b3mn.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/4783/qwh9.png

How come I can't find half of those multicam units in the editer?

Try the 2013 units, like (2013) Rifleman, etc.

They're not all in on the current released version I believe. I can't even keep track of all the small changes I've made so far.

What you see there is some kind of basic setup of units I am trying to polish.

Thats probably why, as I saw that Mutlicam soldier with the scrim/fabric strip covering on his helmets and went "cool" But in the current release I only had the 2013 rifleman, sniper and spotter who are in ghille. Hope you can release those other Multicam guys!

I also have a improvement you could do: Name/ diffrentiate between all the different types of rifleman e.g Riflemanempty1 so I can tell the diffrence between which rilfeman is which so when I place them down I know which one I placed down.

But apart from that they are great!

Edited by Kaxii

BTW on at least the Multicam Soldiers the flag is on both sides, when the texture map shows the "ISAF" side with patch on the left shoulder (as it should be) and the right is correct on the texture map and on the model

BTW on at least the Multicam Soldiers the flag is on both sides, when the texture map shows the "ISAF" side with patch on the left shoulder (as it should be) and the right is correct on the texture map and on the model

This is an unfortunate problem with the INDFOR (and BLUFOR) uniform textures. It seems to mirror the flag texture on both sides.

Thats probably why, as I saw that Mutlicam soldier with the scrim/fabric strip covering on his helmets and went "cool" But in the current release I only had the 2013 rifleman, sniper and spotter who are in ghille. Hope you can release those other Multicam guys!

I also have a improvement you could do: Name/ diffrentiate between all the different types of rifleman e.g Riflemanempty1 so I can tell the diffrence between which rilfeman is which so when I place them down I know which one I placed down.

But apart from that they are great!

I am fairly sure that some of the things that aren't even supposed to be visible in the editor are.

Including some of the riflemen that are just basic unifrom templates. No harm in it, it just spams the editor. It is fixed till the next version.

@AlexVestin: What's up with the Stryker? Looked good in the last screenshots

I myself will wait with it. I'm focusing on the infantry since it was quite a lot of new stuff when it came to vehicles.

Be great if you could implement interchangeable uniform patches so that users can put any patch they want on each of the units.

IT would but I did it the old fashioned way :) Still needs to be bigger but good enough for a shot

wip31.jpg

Aaand another small thing for the 2013 units... unless you're doing new PVS-14 models I'd suggest that the Rifleman in 2013 (and the past 15 years I was in the US Army) be setup with a set of the default NVGs as well.

Do you have a base model of the Eagle SPC that you could release with no pouches or anything? Just the bare platecarrier for maybe a civillian, interpreter, etc?

IT would but I did it the old fashioned way :) Still needs to be bigger but good enough for a shot

Already beat ya to it (with AV's permission). Unfortunately, the rvmat of the model would have to be changed to get rid of the mirrored US IR Flag on the left shoulder, and no one seems to want to tackle that aspect.

PSdPu0Fl.jpg

LHEojrMl.jpg

Edited by Alpha Whiskey Romeo

i'd be interested, especially the BRO one...

i'd be interested, especially the BRO one...

The only reason I was doing the BRO is because it's my Division. So, you can understand why I really wanted to make it work, but as I said, it would require altering the rvmat of the model.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169008-Eliminating-a-Flag

If someone wanted to work on this aspect then I'd consider starting the project up again.

Well I deployed with 1-4 Cav to Iraq (2004-05) and also was with C 1-26 in 2008-2009 in Afghanistan so I'm the same way man :)

So if you can send it to me it'd be cool as well ;)