Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

So I did a check and it looks like it's actual sized. I think with that picture there's height differences to consider and the fact that Mr. Polka Dot Tie up there is kind of leaning. Either way, his head goes up to the handlebars on the door. The soldiers in Arma go up to a bit above the bar, but that can be attributed to posture. Also, I noticed that the suspension in the IRL pic I posted seems to be higher than in Arma, probably because it's not loaded down with gear like it would be in theater. That's also a factor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187921477

So my opinion is that it's sized correctly, now that I've done some more examination.

Yeah, I see it. It doesn't have as much stuff on it as in some pictures of the M-ATV.

Yeah, I see it. It doesn't have as much stuff on it as in some pictures of the M-ATV.

The giant roll cage box thing, you mean? I think that might just be a module for the bed or something. I've seen pics of it with the box, with no box, and with the canvas covering.

What's the ammo classname for the AT4 launcher?

AV_AT4 I believe.

Also, id like to see a separate config using RH Weapons pack.

As much as I like your weapons Alex, for example your sounds are much better than RH weapon pack though and your M249 is fun to shoot. However the recoil is horrendous and the animations don't work properly such as reload etc.

Hey Alex, have you thought of doing a USMC version of this mod? :D

I would also like to see a separate set of units wearing the Multicam like your 2013 Rifleman. Those textures are awesome, maybe even change them to 101stAB or 82ndAB. These are awesome units either way thanks!!

When can we expect proper item icons? :)

I won't get accurate ones any time soon, but I could atleast make the temporary ones a little more describing.

So they all don't look the same for different vests/helmets/uniforms.

I often use DSL's gear selector to check out new uniforms, headgear etc. and I find out that when browsing trough the headgear, going over AV_IndUS's headgear gives a high chance of crashing the game. any idea what this could be? it's been this way for a while. I'm on Dev branch.

That's interesting. I've never tried to use a gear selector like that one, but there shouldn't be more problems with my gear compared to standard gear. The difference I can think of that could have some small impact is my gear not using it's correct models yet when it's lying on the ground.

What's the ammo classname for the AT4 launcher?
AV_AT4 I believe.

That is correct.

Also, id like to see a separate config using RH Weapons pack.

As much as I like your weapons Alex, for example your sounds are much better than RH weapon pack though and your M249 is fun to shoot. However the recoil is horrendous and the animations don't work properly such as reload etc.

I know your pain. I've gotten some help with my weapons regarding configs and the like, but much I have done myself and these are my first actual rifles ever made for ArmA. I've actually learned a lot so far. Creating weapon animations aren't the smoothest to do since they are scripted instead of animated in a modelling software.

I'm actually focusing more on the gear and units configs as well as textures. I can wrap my head around that much easier. If I can't get the weapons up to actual A3 standard, I'll have my units depend on someone elses weapons, cause I really want them to be enjoyable with the least bugs possible. RH has so far made a lot of progress on his weapon packs and he has gotten access to weapon models of great quality. If there ever are enough weapons to cover all needed infantry-roles, I'll consider using those.

My progress with this mod is really slow atm, but I still have ideas and I know what to include in the next update. I must just find time to get back to it for long enough to put it all together :)

Edited by AlexVestin

It'd be great to see the multicam units in a wider variety of roles like all the ACU units, instead of just the 3 now (sniper, spotter, rifleman). Perhaps group them into separate sets according to their camouflage? Im aware that we can customize the units in-game to our likings by but I'm sure people would appreciate having them ready to play from the get go.

It'd be great to see the multicam units in a wider variety of roles like all the ACU units, instead of just the 3 now (sniper, spotter, rifleman). Perhaps group them into separate sets according to their camouflage? Im aware that we can customize the units in-game to our likings by but I'm sure people would appreciate having them ready to play from the get go.

Yeah, it'll happen. All units labeled 2013 are heavy wip nad just included because people wanted to try them atleast. I've got plans :)

Yeah, it'll happen. All units labeled 2013 are heavy wip nad just included because people wanted to try them atleast. I've got plans :)

Awesome, can't wait!! The ACU units are more than enough until then :cool:

Hey Alex,

Any chance you could upload the class names to this thread.

Specifically the Belt Ammo for light machine guns.

Thank you.

Yes. Took me too long just to do that.

I have now updated the classnames on the first post to include ammunition for all weapons :)

Have these been updated to the new attachment system?

There's been some time since the last update, so the current released version is not updated. Could you link ot the specific update you're talking about?

Have these been updated to the new attachment system?

I decided to make a config pbo to add support for this, hope it works for you all.

works for me atleast tried with RH M4 and FHQ addons so i think i did everything right.

DOWNLOAD

I decided to make a config pbo to add support for this, hope it works for you all.

works for me atleast tried with RH M4 and FHQ addons so i think i did everything right.

DOWNLOAD

You're a hero. Is there something I could change in the config to make it so when attaching the surefire light to the m16a4, the rail covers aren't removed? There is enough uncovered space on the rail to allow it. I'm just trying to figure out how to lock the covers to the model I guess would be the way to put it.

sadly dont think you can change it in the config i think it was setup in the model to hide as soon as you put on a "side" attachment.

I wanted railcovers to be removed to get some more variation.

They aren't separate attachments or anything, it was intentional. It is the only way of having rifles with and without railcovers by not having to create a completely new weapon for it.

Only explanation I can give for it :)

Hello , i have some request for you , i love your M249 but i don't like the sound can you try to work or ask someone to help you with the sound ? anyway your pack is really cool !

Hello , i have some request for you , i love your M249 but i don't like the sound can you try to work or ask someone to help you with the sound ? anyway your pack is really cool !

Much could change in the future :)

This is not much to look at, but it shows the basic setup of units so far. Not shown are officers and crew/pilots.

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/8494/s0lb.jpg

Here's a A3 vs IndUs unit comparison in one of the brighter areas of Altis:

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/5474/b3mn.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/4783/qwh9.png

Edited by AlexVestin

Much could change in the future :)

This is not much to look at, but it shows the basic setup of units so far. Not shown are officers and crew/pilots.

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/8494/s0lb.jpg

Here's a A3 vs IndUs unit comparison in one of the brighter areas of Altis:

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/5474/b3mn.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/4783/qwh9.png

Any chance of ever seeing an M249 like this?: http://imgur.com/1whNFXv The collapsible stock is used on most of them now and a full stock 249 is actually very uncommon to see these days.

That's exactly the kind of m249 I want to have. Altough I do not have time to re-model it myself. If the A2 model library get's released, there will sure be people converting weapons into A3 standard. If a pack of them is created, They'll be included asap. Else I'll look through the files myself to get the models into A3. There might also be something released by RH since I know he has had permission for weapons like that in the past. But I will not be able to create anything like that, not now anyways.

Are you working up any type of special forces dudes to carry around your sweet SOPMOD rifles?

I was really wishing by now that you would have released an update with more 2013 units, but hey you are a busy man,