Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

For me, on the AAF reskinned uniform with the rolled up sleeves, the flag on the shoulder is half US flag and half AAF flag. Can anyone else confirm this bug?

For me, on the AAF reskinned uniform with the rolled up sleeves, the flag on the shoulder is half US flag and half AAF flag. Can anyone else confirm this bug?

That's a known issue.

Any chance of throwing those Gerber pouches back on the models? I liked those, I took the textures from my own lol.

So any chance of an Apache for the mod or are you going to use a re-textured Comanche/blackfoot

Well since the A2 and OA MLODs are out... he may... but he is already working on restoring that Striker to it's former glory.

I haven't found anything new posted about the A2 mlods being released. If I've just been looking at the wrong places, please, do link :)

Any chance of throwing those Gerber pouches back on the models? I liked those, I took the textures from my own lol.

In due time there will be more vests. Progress isn't the fastest right now.

So any chance of an Apache for the mod or are you going to use a re-textured Comanche/blackfoot

We'll have to see. I'm no expert in vehicles and such. I'm having a lot easier figuring out making gear and weapons. So vehicles are still a low priority.

By the way, your signatures or serverkeys are not working. Just tried it on our server..

They aren't? I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly, but it was the first time I tried making keys.

Thanks for letting me know. I will read through it better til next version :)

If its possible, and you have good enough sources, you should add in the M-ATVs little brother the L-ATV, which will be replacing the Humvee over the next few years, heres a few pictures.

LATV-6.jpg

295637d1267160463-oshkosh-m-atv-l-atv-oshkosh_m_atv_11_cd_gallery.jpg

Its basicly a Humvee Sized M-ATV with MRAP strength

If its possible, and you have good enough sources, you should add in the M-ATVs little brother the L-ATV, which will be replacing the Humvee over the next few years, heres a few pictures.

-snip-

Its basicly a Humvee Sized M-ATV with MRAP strength

IIRC it's just one of the JLTV competitors. I don't know if it's been officially chosen to replace the Humvee yet.

IIRC it's just one of the JLTV competitors. I don't know if it's been officially chosen to replace the Humvee yet.

Uh, now that I think about it, I bet the Hunter is supposed to be the L-ATV, because the Hunter definitely is smaller than the M-ATV.

Uh, now that I think about it, I bet the Hunter is supposed to be the L-ATV, because the Hunter definitely is smaller than the M-ATV.

I think it's the MATV. A quick Google search shows that the LATV's grille is different from the Hunter's:

Oshkosh_L-ATV.jpg

http://info.gamenhalen.com/wp-content/gallery/arma-3-object/arma3_car_hunter_opfor.jpg (215 kB)

See how the lights are off as well? The LATV's are vertical whereas the Hunter/MATV's are kind of offset.

I think it's the MATV. A quick Google search shows that the LATV's grille is different from the Hunter's:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/Oshkosh_L-ATV.jpg

http://info.gamenhalen.com/wp-content/gallery/arma-3-object/arma3_car_hunter_opfor.jpg (215 kB)

See how the lights are off as well? The LATV's are vertical whereas the Hunter/MATV's are kind of offset.

Ok, then BIS just made both that and the Panther too small.

Heh. I'll try to find people for scale. I haven't realized this.

Edit: Here's a MATV. I guess I'll have to go ingame later and do a comparison:

id_matv_02_700.jpg

Looks like it's a little smaller in-game.

Mhm. So I guess it's a LATV-sized MATV, lol.

Pretty much everything seems to be too small, aside from the kamysh. The Merkava looks tiny. The hunter's also a little small. Or maybe the soldiers are just incredibly tall?

I mean, the HEMMT is also not appearing as large as photos make it out to be. I´ll review the scales and add the other vehicles that are weirdly scaled to my ticket. If anybody has pictures or pointers, PM me or hit up the ticket here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11600

I often use DSL's gear selector to check out new uniforms, headgear etc. and I find out that when browsing trough the headgear, going over AV_IndUS's headgear gives a high chance of crashing the game. any idea what this could be? it's been this way for a while. I'm on Dev branch.

someone has their sizes messed up, thats the right size, look at it next to the A2 Humvee, its correct

either that or BI has a size OCD, all must be smaller

someone has their sizes messed up, thats the right size, look at it next to the A2 Humvee, its correct

either that or BI has a size OCD, all must be smaller

Assuming the size of the A2 Humvee is correct (it isn't). The Hunter is smaller than the real life M-ATV. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the Humvee replacement, and therefore an LATV. But it looks like the M-AtV. And it isn't mine resistant I don't think unless I'm mistaken.

So I did a check and it looks like it's actual sized. I think with that picture there's height differences to consider and the fact that Mr. Polka Dot Tie up there is kind of leaning. Either way, his head goes up to the handlebars on the door. The soldiers in Arma go up to a bit above the bar, but that can be attributed to posture. Also, I noticed that the suspension in the IRL pic I posted seems to be higher than in Arma, probably because it's not loaded down with gear like it would be in theater. That's also a factor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187921477

So my opinion is that it's sized correctly, now that I've done some more examination.