Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

What's the classname for the M9 ammo? I tried adding mags to a soldier and got an error returned.

What's the classname for the M9 ammo? I tried adding mags to a soldier and got an error returned.

AV_15Rnd_9x19_Mag :)

I've noticed I had a whole lot of cloned "Rifleman" in the editor. It will be fixed. It was just one single number being wrong in the config that is causing it.

Normal "Rifleman" is still in there somewhere :D

Also, have you tried reskinning the HEMTT truck for the mod? I know the HEMTT is used right now by the Army, and all it would take it a reskin like what you did with the Hunter/MATV. Future update plan?

I can't for the life of me find the AT4 projectile magazine classname, I tried the Cfg browser and it says its the same as the weapon so I am very confused. haha

You are on the right track, since it's the same actually. Now if that's a good thing, I don't know yet. It's not working like intended yet anyway :)

This is the At soldiers loadout as an example:

weapons[] = {"AV_m4_hamr","AV_m9","AV_at4","Throw","Put","Binocular"};
magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","AV_15Rnd_9x19_Mag","AV_15Rnd_9x19_Mag","AV_at4"};
linkedItems[] = {"AV_PlateCarrier1_rgr","AV_ACH1_UCP","AV_ESS_tan_clr","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};

Also, have you tried reskinning the HEMTT truck for the mod? I know the HEMTT is used right now by the Army, and all it would take it a reskin like what you did with the Hunter/MATV. Future update plan?

Saw your comment, made the config for it. Just gotta change the textures for it now. I had thought about it, but I am unsure on how/when it is used.

What kind of gear do the drivers have? Combat loadout? Or would lighter clothing like just the uniform and a cap be better?

Edited by AlexVestin

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but I just noticed the Officer uniform in UCP seems to be missing the flags on the sleeves, as currently black rectangles are where the flags would normally be. Not sure if this is an intentional design or not, but current Army uniforms lack shoulder boards for rank. Just trying to be helpful.

Also would you be able to create an ACH helmet in UCP pattern without any attachments (no pouches, goggles, battery)? Just curious as I've been assembling more custom loadouts for soldiers.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but I just noticed the Officer uniform in UCP seems to be missing the flags on the sleeves, as currently black rectangles are where the flags would normally be. Not sure if this is an intentional design or not, but current Army uniforms lack shoulder boards for rank. Just trying to be helpful.
On my list of things to update.
Also would you be able to create an ACH helmet in UCP pattern without any attachments (no pouches, goggles, battery)? Just curious as I've been assembling more custom loadouts for soldiers.

I'll do it. Would it be best to still have the earpieces and nvg mount left on? (I'll include it as AV_ACH0_UCP/AV_ACH0_OCP in the next version)

Saw your comment, made the config for it. Just gotta change the textures for it now. I had thought about it, but I am unsure on how/when it is used.

What kind of gear do the drivers have? Combat loadout? Or would lighter clothing like just the uniform and a cap be better?

IIRC, logistics guys have to wear flak jackets and carry long guns because if there's an ambush they need to get out of their trucks and start fighting. Especially in a combat zone like Altis.

So I guess just regular riflemen with the IOTV/ACH.

Well, the same could be said for the little birds, and you will have two choppers more for the mod.

If I'm not wrong, there is already a black texture for it in the original one, so you would just have to swap them.

AH6.jpg

md-ah6-mh6-little-bird_3.jpg

Well, the same could be said for the little birds, and you will have two choppers more for the mod.

If I'm not wrong, there is already a black texture for it in the original one, so you would just have to swap them.

*Littlebird pics*

Indeed, there are actually black textures already available..

Maybe I can make som helicopter pilots looking more like these for the lighter helicopters:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8715/297380242c05629cf48oiy4.jpg

Edited by AlexVestin

Definitely. I say just use whatever vanilla vehicle assets are available - they're pretty faithful recreations of current stuff and all it takes is a different tone of tan to match the current camp schemes. I also think that the M2 and Mk. 19 are modeled and done in game (FIA technical armament) so that saves work on static emplacements

HEMMT have cargo variants (for transporting ammo and such, not troops), fuel tanker variants, and wreker variants (like a tow truck). Those are the only 3 type I saw when I was in the military. They would have a loadouts typical of any support soldier. Armor and helmet, with either an M16 or an M4

OT- that was one thing I really disliked about OA, is BI just reskinned the marine trucks (forgot what they are called) as opposed to giving the army HEMMTs or LMTVs

Isn't there the FMTV the medium logistics truck for troop transport and whatnot? It also struck me odd how NATO has their bigass HEMTT while CSAT uses their smaller Zamak - IIRC the FMTV is on par with the size of the Ural/Zamak.

Isn't there the FMTV the medium logistics truck for troop transport and whatnot? It also struck me odd how NATO has their bigass HEMTT while CSAT uses their smaller Zamak - IIRC the FMTV is on par with the size of the Ural/Zamak.

Because the CSAT leaders prefer agility and movility, specially in a island like Altis were the roads are narrow. While the NATO leaders think... Well I don't know what they were thinking when they decide to bring HEMTT to Altis...

I'm a high school JROTC cadet, and I can safely say that the Army isn't a big fan of logic. :P

I'm a high school JROTC cadet, and I can safely say that the Army isn't a big fan of logic. :P

JROTC, and you think that you are now an expert on all things Army... lol. Anyway, what would have been better than the HEMTT? Why even use it? Just get a couple Hunters and roll around. HEMTT is too exposed.

You could always throw in an lmtv, then you could have an open top, canvas covered or with the lhs (load hauling system) for transportation of the connexes which I seem to spend most of my military career moving around, sucks being a medic in garrison lol

JROTC, and you think that you are now an expert on all things Army... lol. Anyway, what would have been better than the HEMTT? Why even use it? Just get a couple Hunters and roll around. HEMTT is too exposed.

My experience has been as unorganized as John Kerry at a Golden Corral. Whatever the hell that analogy means, lol.

Anyways, the HEMTT just seems way too big compared to the Zamak in the game. Handles weirdly as well. The Zamak is good for tight corners while the HEMTT is just drunk all the time.

I'll do it. Would it be best to still have the earpieces and nvg mount left on? (I'll include it as AV_ACH0_UCP/AV_ACH0_OCP in the next version)

Yeah, the NVG mount and comm headset would be best left on.

Edited by Victor1138

lol....my 7 years active completely agrees with that sentence. theres the easy way, and then theres the Army way

Yeah, the NVG mount and comm headset would be best left on.

+1 The nvg only make sense at night.