Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

First off, I love this addon. You did a great job.

One question though, and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, is there an issue with the shading of the vests? As the color gets much darker than the rest of the uniform indoors or under shade.

Keep up the nice work!

First off, I love this addon. You did a great job.

One question though, and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, is there an issue with the shading of the vests? As the color gets much darker than the rest of the uniform indoors or under shade.

Keep up the nice work!

Yes. He has said it will be fixed next update.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Gonna go ahead and say there is some work to be done. LOL But hey, at least its sort of in game. :)

Gonna go ahead and say there is some work to be done. LOL But hey, at least its sort of in game. :)

You can just kind of tow it along on the ground or something. :P

This will be it for now. There's still lots of bugs, but I am aware of most of the obvious ones.

It's updated to 1.6:

-Fixed vests getting extremely dark in shadows.

-Fixed officer UCP uniform having the wrong textures. (wip)

-Added server key.

-Added new M249 (modified) (Mk48 heavy wip)

-Added new M240 (heavy wip)

-Added new ACH variants.

-Added new ACH with helmet foliage.

-Added new ECH in tan, black, ocp.

-Added temporary icons for all new gear.

-Added two more armed M-ATV versions.

-Added NATO-Uniform textures. (wip)

-Added Helicopter-Pilot Uniform. (wip)

-Added "Author" to units.

-Changed the M4 fire-rate slightly.

-Changed classnames. (!) (First page of thread has them all)

-Changed some gear on the helicopter pilot/crew.

-Changed AT4 projectile damage. It now does more damage.

-Changed vest load capability.

-Updated the Eagle SPC vest normal map.

-Updated all weapons compatible accessories list.

-Updated uniform textures.

-Optimized shadow-LOD for all vests. (wip)

-Optimized shadow-LOD for all helmets.

Edited by AlexVestin

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

does this still crash the game kuz last time i knew, it was crashing game terribly

Did it showed any message? because i haven't had any crash with the previous version.

does this still crash the game kuz last time i knew, it was crashing game terribly

Nope, no crashes. Was a looong time ago I fixed that :)

;2508875']Yay! Another update =) ... but I guess the Striker and M203 (or the new M320) is a matter for a 1.7 update?

The M16A4 with a M203 is in there i believe, but not really functional at the moment. Works just like the regular version, but has a model of an M203 underneath. Classname is "av_m16a4_m203".

Edited by AlexVestin

Alex, was it intentional not to provide .bisign for the files now that you also included the key?

Was not aware. Looking into that asap. Don't worry.

/edit

I forgot to check "Create signature" didn't I?

The dropbox link will be updated in the coming hours.

/edit

Dropbox link has the files now.

Edited by AlexVestin

I had a little time to play around with the new update recently, and I thought it was well put together. I'm also digging the AT4 buff.

The only thing that's bugging me is the RWS on the MRAPs - I think those are Arma ones and not the CROWS we put on them in real life. But alas, I know it's probably only temporary.

By the way, what other vehicles are you planning to put in?

Dropbox link is updated! Small fix for the missing ".bisign" files. My bad.

any change of a file with classnames for all the gear ?

Classnames have changed. Front page contains a list of all current classnames.

I had a little time to play around with the new update recently, and I thought it was well put together. I'm also digging the AT4 buff.

The only thing that's bugging me is the RWS on the MRAPs - I think those are Arma ones and not the CROWS we put on them in real life. But alas, I know it's probably only temporary.

It was requested to have the armed ArmA3 versions added too since they are the only ones available. There's currently no way for me to change the actual weapon-model on top of the MRAP. If that's ever going to be possible I will probably add real CROWS. Would look much better in my own opinion since I personally don't like the look of that new thing either :)

By the way, what other vehicles are you planning to put in?

A stryker ICV if all goes well. Learning to make configs for vehicles right now.

Edited by AlexVestin

It was requested to have the armed ArmA3 versions added too since they are the only ones available. There's currently no way for me to change the actual weapon-model on top of the MRAP. If that's ever going to be possible I will probably add real CROWS. Would look much better in my own opinion since I personally don't like the look of that new thing either :)

You can't just remodel the gun turret and still keep the original stats or something?

You can't just remodel the gun turret and still keep the original stats or something?

Since it's the default ArmA3 M-ATV I don't think I can. I haven't tried, but I am pretty sure the .pbo file is binarized :)

Getting a model of the CROWS is no problem. There's few of them in the ArmA1 sample files.

Since it's the default ArmA3 M-ATV I don't think I can. I haven't treid, but I am pretty sure the .pbo file is binarized :)

Getting a model of the CROWS is no problem. There's few of them in the ArmA1 sample files.

Hmm... The only other solution I could see would be adding the CROWS to the regular MATV from there. But I have no idea how that would work.

Dropbox link is giving a 503 error the past two minutes.

Armaholic link was working for my. Try that instead.

It gave me the 503 just recently too. Dropbox link works for me now. Not sure what's going on.

Armaholic link, as said, is missing the bisign files fyi, Evan. Error on my end :)

Armaholic mirror updated with the "fixed" archive.

Not sure why some of you say the links do not work as they all work just fine :)

Armaholic mirror updated with the "fixed" archive.

Not sure why some of you say the links do not work as they all work just fine :)

Alright, thank you :)

And it was probably just Dropbox acting weird for a few minutes.

Stryker is looking quite nice so far. A few pictures of my progress:

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/7285/aepu.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/1480/6wxb.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4646/kzkl.png

It's very heavy at the front right now, but I can probably tweak the weight somehow.

Not much on it is working. It can mostly just drive around. No PiP yet, no real driver/gunner animations, no working CROWS. Much to do still.

The textures will get some love later. Standard BIS textures now, wich I don't want to use.