Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Yeah, wip. They are just in there to show what the more modern units might look like soon in this mod. They have rifles in m ycurrent version, altough not what I want still. I'd like a m24 usable, but it's far from finished.

No worries and looking forward to your future releases.

I update everything slowly but surely. There's quite a lot to look at for me. Still kind of new to arma modding. Not really sure if anything in this mod is finished, but it's all improving a little by every update :)

I know there are already some (awesome)75th ranger units being worked on by other talented modders but I would love to see some rangers based on these models!

I know there are already some (awesome)75th ranger units being worked on by other talented modders but I would love to see some rangers based on these models!

For the moment I'm holding off from that since they are already in the works. Unless they want my help, then I might get right to it =p

I need IOTV's to actually be able to make more 2011 styled units.

Right now, 2013 it is.

http://imageshack.us/a/img710/1668/n1x4.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img39/2130/0end.png

M203 hand-animations are not done yet.

And don't worry, there will be a M4 version with an M203 also. I just need to finish this one up. Whenever that will be.

This is the new slightly better looking aircrew:

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/254/45y3.png

Still wip. They come in tasy OCP also.

Edited by AlexVestin

So you're going with the M203 and not the M320? Isn't that in service now (or is it still experimental)?

I'd also want to see, hopefully, something like the M26 MASS come along as well.

I need IOTV's to actually be able to make more 2011 styled units.

Right now, 2013 it is.

I seem to remember myself having an IOTV model and texture laying around on my HDD back in A2. Not sure if I still do though, I'll start hunting for it.

I believe it hasn't been ask before. But when BI release the A2 models, is there any plan to use them to add more vehicles for the mod? ( I guess that with some texture work )

For example the Bradley, Stryker, Blackhawk, Chinnok, etc.

BTW this mod is getting more and more awesome every day.

For example the Bradley, Stryker, Blackhawk, Chinnok, etc.

Bradley and Stryker were released in Operation Arrowhead. Are the OA MLODs being released as well?

Bradley and Stryker were released in Operation Arrowhead. Are the OA MLODs being released as well?

Maybe it's me that I'm too optimist, but reading Marek Report in, I understand that the "entire A2 library" includes A2/OA and maybe the DLCs?

Originally, we had an idea that was similar to Take On Rearmed. Unfortunately, upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time. So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1: we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3. More details will be announced very soon.

I seem to remember myself having an IOTV model and texture laying around on my HDD back in A2. Not sure if I still do though, I'll start hunting for it.

I was thinking of asking BIS, but the news about a possible mlod release has postponed it some since we might see something about in anyway soonâ„¢.

Am pretty sure the ArmA1 Strykers are next to identical to the ArmA2:OA ones, and those mlods are released already. It's the slatts armor that's new in OA.

Edited by AlexVestin

I was thinking of asking BIS, but the news about a possible mlod release has postponed it some since we might see something about in anyway soonâ„¢.

The Operation Arrowhead US Army units weren't made by BIS. They were made by Johannes.

Am pretty sure the ArmA1 Strykers are next to identical to the ArmA2:OA ones, and those mlods are released already. It's the slatts armor that's new in OA.

Uhm you are right, you could use the A1 stuff for the moment. A bit tuned up, could be awesome.

ArmA1 Strykers with some small texture fixes and physX with pip in the interiors could make it fit right in!

The Operation Arrowhead US Army units weren't made by BIS. They were made by Johannes.

Bits are falling to places in my head now! oh, I'm sorry lol. Was not aware of that at all.

Edited by AlexVestin

ArmA1 Strykers with some small texture fixes and physX with pip in the interiors could make it fit right in!

Bits are falling to places in my head now! oh, I'm sorry lol. Was not aware of that at all.

If you put a Stryker in with that kind of functionality my life would be complete. Similar to this would be awesome. If nothing else, I would love the RPG cage but I'll take a bare bones functional stryker. So excited!

New to the thread, will there be a signature provided for these?

I have no idea how those works yet, since I've never created one. I probably will get one, though, if it's needed :)

I have no idea how those works yet, since I've never created one. I probably will get one, though, if it's needed :)

Get with me on steam or skype, I'll walk you through it.

Alex, Bink ran me through the signing procedure. Super quick and easy. Should hit him up.

thanks Bink!

Alex, Bink ran me through the signing procedure. Super quick and easy. Should hit him up.

thanks Bink!

I'm currently uploading a video to youtube and I'll post a thread regarding the tutorial.

I believe the Slat Armor for the Strykers in OA was added by a proxy. So you can probably use that one.

So I noticed that there's an issue with the AT4 not being disposable (the OP says so, too.) Is it a glitch or do you not know how to? Because I think maybe you could ask the TMR guy to see if you could use his disposable rocket code he made for the PCML to fix this if it's the latter.

Nice Mod, good job :)

I would like the install on our server, but it lacks in the archive the file key. Would it be possible to provide?

In te thanking in advance.

=]FF[Walt71 - www.FunFrancais.com

So I noticed that there's an issue with the AT4 not being disposable (the OP says so, too.) Is it a glitch or do you not know how to? Because I think maybe you could ask the TMR guy to see if you could use his disposable rocket code he made for the PCML to fix this if it's the latter.

I've actually tried some different stuff for that issue. No fix yet, so it's possible that it's not going to be fixed for the next update.

I really oughta release my current version soon. Been lazy for a few days!