Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Will you be making other branches too? I'd love some good marines to go with that M16A4

Will you be making other branches too? I'd love some good marines to go with that M16A4

It's not completely out of the question.

I'm doing various stuff when I feel like it. Not sure what to classify this m249 as.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/5524/lv39.png

Would it be better off using large m240 cloth-mags and 7.62cal?

I can't find 3 vest that you upload it in very first version. are they gone in this latest version?? :( and what other 2 files do? where should i put them?

very nice helmet you got there :)

would be cool if you could use actual stratis/altis grass clutter textures on that too. just an idea.

can't wait for the next version. i use these in every mission now. great addition to the game. keep it up!

Looks like a Mk48 rather than an M249. If so it'd be best with 7.62.

Alright, that was almost what I was expecting :p

Whenever I can turn it fully into a Mk48, I will do that.

I still need new animations for the LMG's. They are held too high on the shoulder right now.

I can't find 3 vest that you upload it in very first version. are they gone in this latest version?? :( and what other 2 files do? where should i put them?

The early vests are actually removed. I had to remove them because they were in significally lower resolution and did not fit anymore.

The addon consists of 3 .pbo files.

av_indus (most soldier stuff)

av_weapons (all weapons)

av_ess (custom goggles)

very nice helmet you got there :)

would be cool if you could use actual stratis/altis grass clutter textures on that too. just an idea.

The helmet in the picture is a A3 standard helmet. I'm thinking about making my own camo netting for one of the ach/mich helmets.

can't wait for the next version. i use these in every mission now. great addition to the game. keep it up!

Next version has some welcomed fixes. Everything might look a little better after it :)

Edited by AlexVestin

In theory he could. They already use my Eagle SPC from my US Marines in ArmA2.

how are you guys using this mod ?

rookie question I know - but I DL the mod and launch arma 3 with mod parameters (installed to addons directory) and I don't see any difference/skins anywhere ? (it's activated under expansions)

Do I have to use/DL a specific mission to use them in ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks.

how are you guys using this mod ?

rookie question I know - but I DL the mod and launch arma 3 with mod parameters (installed to addons directory) and I don't see any difference/skins anywhere ? (it's activated under expansions)

Do I have to use/DL a specific mission to use them in ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks.

Under BLUFOR click the NATO tab. A drop down will appear and you will see the faction for them. It'll have an american flag and say something like US ARMY (IND US).

Edited by Binkowski

excellent, thanks :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Under BLUFOR click the NATO tab. A drop down will appear and you will see the faction for them. It'll have an american flag and say something like US ARMY (IND US).

Sorry, but can you be more specific ? is that just when trying to join a random mission I downloaded or where do I make this selection ? I don't seem to get that choice anywhere.

thanks.

The units are placeable in the editor.

If you're joining a mission on multiplayer, the host/server with the mission needs to have them as part of the mission itself.

The units are placeable in the editor.

If you're joining a mission on multiplayer, the host/server with the mission needs to have them as part of the mission itself.

Ok. but they don't appear under my NATO -> Men in the editor.

Expansions are loaded - is there are missing step I need to do in the editor before they become visible ?

Ok. but they don't appear under my NATO -> Men in the editor.

Expansions are loaded - is there are missing step I need to do in the editor before they become visible ?

No, they don't. Where you see Faction: NATO, click that arrow, then you should see US Army (INDUS). That's the faction. The vehicleClass is what you see under that. So, Men under NATO is the vehicle class. So you need to change it from NATO to US Army (INDUS). You'll recognize it.

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Not in the NATO tab.

rcqt.jpg

Edited by antoineflemming

No, they don't. Where you see Faction: NATO, click that arrow, then you should see US Army (INDUS). That's the faction. The vehicleClass is what you see under that. So, Men under NATO is the vehicle class. So you need to change it from NATO to US Army (INDUS). You'll recognize it.

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Not in the NATO tab.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8485/rcqt.jpg

Thx for the specifics - but for some reason I still only have NATO and FIA to select in that dropdown even though the units/mod are installed correctly and loaded under expansions.

No idea why this isn't showing up...

Not in the NATO tab.

Right sorry, was going off of memory. Not looking right at it in game.

Thx for the specifics - but for some reason I still only have NATO and FIA to select in that dropdown even though the units/mod are installed correctly and loaded under expansions.

Make sure you have your addons enabled correctly.

What folder are your mods in?

That bug with the vest getting really dark in shadows has started to annoy me. So I fixed it. Was a tiny error in the .rvmat.

I just discovered this amazing mod and I really love those new vests :D

However they still seem to be too dark in the shadows... especially the green versions...

I just discovered this amazing mod and I really love those new vests :D

Thanks to Binkowski, Sabre and Johannes!

However they still seem to be too dark in the shadows... especially the green versions...

Yes, they currently are dark in the released version.

I have not yet updated the mod to 1.6. In 1.6 the dark shadows are fixed, so it'll happen someday now :)

Thanks to Binkowski, Sabre and Johannes!

Yes, they currently are dark in the released version.

I have not yet updated the mod to 1.6. In 1.6 the dark shadows are fixed, so it'll happen someday now :)

Ah I see! Excellent! And thanks for all your hard work guys! :thumbsup:

Ah I see! Excellent! And thanks for all your hard work guys! :thumbsup:

We did it back in the day for ArmA2. My US Marines in A2 use the same vest (ala, the vest in these dudes). But regardless, you're welcome.

I noticed that the 2013 Ghille and 2013 Spotter units are missing weapons. Awesome mod though and keep up the great work!

Yeah, wip. They are just in there to show what the more modern units might look like soon in this mod. They have rifles in my current version, altough not what I want still. I'd like a m24 usable, but it's far from finished.

Edited by AlexVestin