Sign in to follow this  
EBass

Very Easy (For you pros) Teleporting Question.

Hey guys, I was screwing around with spawning units, but in all honesty I figure its just easier to have some units miles away and have them teleport to their desired positions because then I can use editor waypoints with them rather than create them through scripting.

Anyway, I know how to teleport them to a marker position, but the problem is these are helicopters with troops in and teleporting them to a marker in the sea seems to have the undesired effect of also teleporting them 20 feet under the sea. So I was wondering how to also set the height of the teleported vehicle. Thanks much.

With the setpos command there is a way to define the altitude. I'm sure the way you would want to do it would be like this (someone can correct me if I am wrong):

(Vehicle name) setpos [ getMarkerPos (marker) select 0, getMarkerPos (marker) select 1, (height you want)] 

Edited: Changed from getPos to getMarkerPos and need the select 0 and select 1 in there.

Edited by jedders

I got it,

AHeli1 setpos [(getMarkerPos "mpos") select 0,(getMarkerPos "mpos") select 1,75]