Sign in to follow this  
Reknot

Screen goes black for a second or two seemingly at random.

Hello!

Bought the game last night and played untill my brain was fried! I love it.

But I have some minor problems.

First; My screen goes black for a second or two, as if I shut the monitor down into sleep mode at random. No real intervals or anything. I can still run\shoot\do stuff but nothing goes on on my monitor.

Second; It seems like ARMA3 is not using true "Fullscreen mode"? is this correct? It's just a maximized window with no borders to ease the streaming\video community? The reason I ask this is because my Windows8 sees the game as "inactive content" and uses power-saving features. While other games does not trigger that because they are "active fullscreens".

My first thought on this was "Ok, simple; Windows is activating sleep mode on the monitor because it thinks I'm not here when playing ARMA3" - but it wasn't that easy. Shut everything down and still it flickers every now and then.

EVEN when i got the game Minimized it flickers out the screen.

Happened while writing this post!

Hardware;

|Chassi: Temjin TJ08B-E |MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE

|CPU: i7-4770K @ 3,50GHz |RAM: 2x8GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro Black

|GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX780 |PSU: Corsair AX860

|SystemDrive: Intel 520 240GB |HDD1: WD Red 3TB

|Screen: LG IPS277L

I have the same :-(

Thanks god that I am not crazy :-) I have had a bad feeling about my displays or my GPU, now you confirmed that you having the same issue I don't have to look any further :-)

cheers

ps: in my case my primary display turns itself off during game play than comes back like nothing happened.

sometimes a windows pop up message asking to change the windows color scheme to basic but it was always like that with ARMA 3

Edited by Colonel-ONeill

I have the same :-(

Thanks god that I am not crazy :-) I have had a bad feeling about my displays or my GPU, now you confirmed that you having the same issue I don't have to look any further :-)

cheers

ps: in my case my primary display turns itself off during game play than comes back like nothing happened.

sometimes a windows pop up message asking to change the windows color scheme to basic but it was always like that with ARMA 3

Good to see I'm not alone- I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. But I don't get any errors anywhere. So it's just trial and error until I figure something out.

.. Wow, my screen has started flickering even if ArmA3 is closed... What other programs does ARMA3 install? Redistributes and so on? Steam gives minimal info on that.

Edited by Reknot
More info