Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

SDV helipad equivelant?

anyone know a way of using something like the invisible helipad but for submarine's? as transport unload wont work without one.

Since you are considering having the invisible helipad equivalent for subs at a specific position, couldn't you just use a move marker and unassign the occupants in the on activation field of the waypoint?

maybe? how would I do that though?

Well, i guess you could for example try: Name a SDV

sub1
and then give it a move waypoint to where you want divers to eject.

Now make 3 divers. name them

Diver1
Diver2
and
Diver3
In each their init line write:
Diver1 moveInCargo sub1;
Diver2 moveInCargo sub1;
Diver3 moveInCargo sub1;

With this you have a sub thats going to move to where you placed the move marker with 3 divers in its cargo.

Now, in the move markers ON ACT: box. write:

unassignVehicle diver1; unassignVehicle diver2; unassignVehicle diver3; diver1 action ["eject", vehicle sub1]; diver2 action ["eject", vehicle sub1]; diver3 action ["eject", vehicle sub1];

And after that make a move marker for the sub for where you want it to go after it has dropped off the divers. Hope this works and helps. :)

Edit: Some typos.

Edited by Exentenzed

ok so I done that. This is how it looks

unassignVehicle player1; unassignVehicle player2; player1 action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]; player2 action ["eject", vehicle SDV1];]; 

I eject however my team mate (AI) does not?

ok so I done that. This is how it looks

unassignVehicle player1; unassignVehicle player2; player1 action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]; player2 action ["eject", vehicle SDV1];]; 

I eject however my team mate (AI) does not?

first, I don't recomend naming your guys "player1" and "player2", you may run into issues later as payer is already a variable in the game.

Lets try this.

in the init of your first guy, put this.

squad1 = group this;

then change your activation to this.

{unassignVehicle _x} foreach units group squad1; {_x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units group squad1;

I just tried and it worked for me. possibly a typo somewhere?

(just a note, forgot that when you spawn a manned SDV it has both driver and gunner in front so there are only 2 cargo slots, but i see you are only using 2 divers so that shouldn't matter).

{unassignVehicle _x} foreach units group squad1; {_x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units group squad1;

That gave me an error when i reached the waypoint by the way: "Error group: type group, expected object"

Edited by Exentenzed

but did it eject you? I just realised if this will eventually be a MP mission then both playable players will probably be kicked if one of them is getting kicked in previews?

No it didn't im afraid, but i might have done something wrong with what Kocrachon wrote.

What i wrote however worked perfectly for me, don't see why it didnt work for you. And whats more confusing why it only worked on one of the units.

I am seeing quite alot of issues like this. working for some and not for others. Exporting missions to MP being another for example. hmmmmm well hopefully when it is tested with another actual player it will work.

That gave me an error when i reached the waypoint by the way: "Error group: type group, expected object"

squad1 is already a group, as defined by this line:

squad1 = group this;

So you don't need to call group on squad1, which means the code should look like this:

{unassignVehicle _x} foreach units squad1; {_x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units squad1;  

Or more compactly:

{unassignVehicle _x; _x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units squad1;

squad1 is already a group, as defined by this line:

squad1 = group this;

So you don't need to call group on squad1, which means the code should look like this:

{unassignVehicle _x} foreach units squad1; {_x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units squad1;  

Or more compactly:

{unassignVehicle _x; _x action ["eject", vehicle SDV1]} foreach units squad1;

Came back to post that, yeah I usually do "group this" so leaving in group was a bad habit.

the other player still stays in the SDV