Sign in to follow this  
WarheadKillor

COOP 06 - Defend the Town! (Stratis, Chernarus and more to come!)

COOP 06 - DEFEND THE TOWN

Based off the original COOP map, Defend Kamino by Bohemia Interactive

Author's note

This is actually my first public mission release and Defend Vybor being my first mission ever.

The story begins like this, I had seen the addon AllinArma and decided that I wanted to port over the Defense mission into the map Chernarus. After extracting the PBO, watching a fair amount of youtube tutorials and some experimentation I had finished a mission that I became truly proud of. It also meant I could essentially apply this defense mode on any town on the map which provides a perfect selection for players who love playing cooperatively and want to keep things fresh.

I will also be releasing new towns for defense as they enter a Beta state, which means they are unfinished and need refining. They will require feedback from the community, and some playtesting to ensure that the missions carries itself out from beginning to end.

Essentially, I'll brand the missions according to their development status. ALPHA meaning "haven't confirmed that the mission will properly complete, play at your own risk", BETA means "The mission has been edited under the assumption that the mission will end correctly, however it needs feedback to confirm", and anything after that just means it's good to go.

About the Missions

Each mission has slightly different mechanics, mostly because of the location. Some missions have different classes, as well as some structures placed so that defense is much easier.

Everything is pretty standard from Defend Kamino, there are waves of enemies which spawn cars, tanks and sometimes boats (depending on the location). There is a 30 second spawn time.

It is recommended that you do play with atleast one other person, because if you die while playing it solo the mission will just end.

Changes from the Defend Kamino mission

No respawn loadouts (until I can figure out a way that is balanced and prevents class loss/switching)

Supply crates which provide ammo, weapons, launchers and misc items.

New Parameter that includes the option of start during lighter hours or at night.

Artillery and CAS support calling (eventually I will change this to be unlocked via the wave system rather than at start)

Uses preset loadouts (Autoriflemen, Combat Life Saver, etc.)

Independent faction is only available in certain missions (probably for bigger cities like Chernogorsk)

Downloads

ARMAHOLIC PAGE

Make recommendations down below on what defense missions you want to see next!

Defend Agia Marina v1.0a - [DOWNLOAD]

Defend Camp Maxwell ALPHA - [DOWNLOAD]

Chernarus

Note: It is required to have AllinArma and Arma 2 installed. All missions have been built to support and play with A3 content only. Check the AllinArma wiki to see how to change the addon to reflect this.

Defend Vybor v1.0a - [DOWNLOAD]

Defend Devil's Castle BETA - [DOWNLOAD]

Known Issues

Report issues you encounter down below and we'll try to sort them out!

General

* If the helicopter crashes due to hitting something like a scenery object, let me know what mission and object and I'll make an adjustment immediately.

* On a semi-rare occassion when you start a game in multiplayer with people the AI will take control of your character, the only realistic way to fix this is by using the respawn button and right-clicking. I have no idea what is causing this, it might have to do with BI's new respawn system.

Agia Marina

* AI Squad Leader has been known to spam the radio with engaging vehicles, I've edited the mission to combat this. Let me know if you run into this issue.

Stratis

Edited by WarheadKillor

Great! A Chernarus mission in Arma 3. Gonna try with some friends!

Great! A Chernarus mission in Arma 3. Gonna try with some friends!

Perfect! Exactly the reaction I wanted from someone. Hope you enjoy it!

--------------------

Got a new update for everyone today, and with that update comes a new mission. Check the changelog for more details.

I'll also make strides towards finishing up more of Devil's Castle and perhaps move onto more towns in Chernarus.

Defend Camp Maxwell

Camp Maxwell is an interesting place to defend because where they come from you have very limited line of sight, you may have to work as a team to push them back down the hill to successfully complete.

Do keep in mind that Camp Maxwell is in ALPHA, the evac heli may not even be able to land with all the trees around and everything.

---

CHANGELOG

General

* Will be pushing minor updates for all missions to use the BLUFOR transport heli rather than the one being used right now.

* All crates that contained the first aid kits, smoke grenades and chemlights also now have weapon sight attachments. Useful for those who don't spawn with one.

Agia Marina

CHANGED: Escalated out of BETA to v1.0 (Edit: now v1.0a)

MOVED: Enemy spawn (minor change, just for pacing purposes)

MOVED: Supply drop crates

MOVED: Respawn points (I had put them in some rather unsafe locations)

MOVED: Initial spawn (Players should be now spawned facing in the general direction of the supply crates.

MOVED: GUARD waypoint. Just a little bit.

----------------------------

Camp Maxwell - Still ALPHA

CHANGED: Lamp to Campfire. (It just didn't fit you know what I mean?)

MOVED: Enemy spawn (moved it a bit back, so you'll have some time to prepare)

Vybor v1.0a

ADDED: Respawn points.

MOVED: GUARD waypoint has been moved to a more defensible spot. (This only really effects the AI squad leader and any members)

Devil's Castle

ADDED: Respawn points.

CHANGED: Escalated out of ALPHA (evac heli landed, but he did something weird but I think I fixed it)

MOVED: Enemy spawn (It's more centered, so both entrances are equally used)

MOVED: GUARD waypoint (to reflect the changes made to the enemy spawn.

REMOVED: Lots of useless halogen lamps, this messed up the dynamic lighting on standard. It should be much better now.

EDIT: Since I don't like double posting as much as the next guy, I've updated the missions even more and this is reflected in bold.

Edited by WarheadKillor

I tried this mission with two of my friends tonight; It's amazing, we love it! Lots of action, AI seems to behave like real players, trying to flank, use covers...I also love the urban environment /we tried the defend marina mission/. great mission, thank you

Great mission warhead! I played yesterday with a friend and have a lot of fun.

Very good location to play this type of mission and the difficulty is well adjusted.

It's pretty cool to play in Chernarus with the arma 3 engine. I hope you make more missions there! ;-)

Great mission warhead! I played yesterday with a friend and have a lot of fun.

Very good location to play this type of mission and the difficulty is well adjusted.

It's pretty cool to play in Chernarus with the arma 3 engine. I hope you make more missions there! ;-)

Glad your having fun with it! What locations do you suggest I go for?

I have Chernogorsk in the production pipes right now, which is shaping up to be an 8 player defense (rather than the regular 6).

Chernogorsk is very cool! Long streets, intrincate industrial areas, high overwatch positions, some enterable buildings, back alleys you need to control to avoid being flanked by the enemy. It would be a great scenario for a tactical defense. Good team work would be needed to defend it correctly.

Some of my favourite Arma 2 missions were placed in Chernogorsk, and it would be great to see it again in Arma 3. I'm glad you have it in production!

Anyone tried to run the Chernarus missions on a dedicate server?

I tried and the missions doesn´t starts.