Sign in to follow this  
almaxkiller

'Too many virtual memory blocks requested' error on Dedicated Server Please Help!

I keep getting the error "Too many virtual memory blocks requested" that then crashes the server. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find an actual solution to this. I can say it is happening alot on BETA (Dev and Stable build) compared to Alpha. As it it is happening 1 to 3 times daily on BETA compared to the 1 time I can remember it happening on ALPHA.

Server Specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 sandybridge (8 cores w/HT)

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 ECC Memory

HD: 1000 GB Hard Drive

BW: 100 Mbps Unmetered*

Start-up parameters:

"arma3server2332.exe" -port=2332 "-config=wasteland\server2332.cfg" "-profiles=wasteland" "-name=wasteland" "-cfg=wasteland\basic.cfg" -mod=@iniDB -noPause -noSound -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -high -maxMem=8192 -noCB -world=empty

Let me know if you need anything else! And thank you for your help.

... did you tried to fall back to system memory allocator (-malloc=system OR just delete all dll's from dll folder)?

Why do you use -noCB on your server?

Could be a problem with your wasteland mission too. Try to monitor the memory usage with #monitor interval for example.

Edited by Fred41

get rid of all the following from your command line

-noPause -noSound -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -high -maxMem=8192 -noCB

and then try it

If that doesnt work, post your bandwidth config

get rid of all the following from your command line

-noPause -noSound -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -high -maxMem=8192 -noCB

and then try it

If that doesnt work, post your bandwidth config

Testing that now.

Here is my bandwidth config if you want to take a look at that for me as well

// These options are created by default

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1000000;

Resolution_Bpp=8;

// These options are important for performance tuning

//MinBandwidth = 10000000; // Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072

MaxBandwidth = 100000000; // Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available. 10Mbps=10000000 100Mbps=100000000

MaxMsgSend = 512; // Maximum number of messages per client, that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024; // Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 128; // Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position and object state updates. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256

/*

Some additional information:

The purpose of the max message size is to reduce the latency.

The minimum possible latency of the message is size/bandwidth (the time needed to send the message).

A 1300 B message sent over 256 kbps connection has a minimal latency of 1300/(256000/8) sec ~= 40 ms.

The latency is more important for non-guaranteed messages (position/state updates) in general.

So better keep the MaxSizeNonguaranteed low at all, unless more non-guaranteed messages need to be send (depending on the mission).

Additional information for MaxSizeGuaranteed:

Guaranteed messages are publicVariable, boarding vehicle, killing the unit and similar.

When there is no combat and no scripting, it is common that there are almost no guaranteed messages send.

For hosting Wasteland, use a higher value than default.

*/

MinErrorToSend = 0.004; // Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.001

MinErrorToSendNear = 0.01; // Minimal error to send updates across network for near units. Using larger value can reduce traffic sent for near units. Used to control client to server traffic as well. Default: 0.01

// Maximal size of packet sent over network. Default: 1400

// Desync might happen if used MaxSizeGuaranteed/MaxSizeNonguaranteed values over the maxPacketSize.

class sockets

{

maxPacketSize=1400;

};

// Physical location of the Server on world Map.

// See "http://www.findlatitudeandlongitude.com" for more infos.

serverLatitude = 51;

serverLongitude = 9;

Also note that this is not running Wasteland, but is instead running a Stratis Life server. Just recycled the server from when we had two separate Wasteland mods running and edited the files for our needs.

use these

MaxMsgSend = 320;

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 256;

MaxMsg might have been a tad high on 512

I would also try running something that is known to be stable to rule out the mission you are developing