Sign in to follow this  
daveallen10

Would like to See More Visual Impact Damage on Vehicles, Buildings, and Objects

Currently, there is only one damage decal in the game--for bullets (its is a very bad texture and its almost unnoticeable). For all other weapons--they cause no effect against buildings or vehicles: no scars, dents, appearance of chunks missing....these are applied by decals that the game adds to an object at the point of impact.

I would like to see some real damage on vehicles, buildings, and objects when you hit them. A rocket or grenade should show visible scarring on a building, vehicle, or tree. Bullets should make much more noticeable impact marks on all objects, and dents and scratches on armored vehicles.

This is a small request that could make a big difference for immersion.

Feedback Tracker Link

This seems like a good idea. I never really realized that rockets don't leave decal damage but now that's all I'll notice.

Yes indeed. Don't forget accurate placement of bullet holes on players rather than simply changing their skin. When I shoot someone through the eye I want to be able to go up to the dead body and be able to admire just how accurate I was.

Although this is mainly an aesthetic/immersion feature, I do believe it is one of those things that will help the game be more polished (something BIS claims the want arma 3 to be). The current black holes that appear on everything seems unprofessional and like a place holder, as if the game isn't fully finished (I know it isn't but I mean in arma 2 it felt this way).

Yes indeed. Don't forget accurate placement of bullet holes on players rather than simply changing their skin. When I shoot someone through the eye I want to be able to go up to the dead body and be able to admire just how accurate I was.

Although this is mainly an aesthetic/immersion feature, I do believe it is one of those things that will help the game be more polished (something BIS claims the want arma 3 to be). The current black holes that appear on everything seems unprofessional and like a place holder, as if the game isn't fully finished (I know it isn't but I mean in arma 2 it felt this way).

You should get that checked out, you might be a serial killer.

Fully concur, also buildings take 2-3hits with an RPG before they crumble, but its not until the last hit that you see any visual change

Fully concur, also buildings take 2-3hits with an RPG before they crumble, but its not until the last hit that you see any visual change

This can potentially be a problem at times when you are trying to hit something from a distance but without any decals or effects, you cannot tell if you have caused damage to a vehicle or a building that enemies may be hiding in.

One thing I'd like to see is procedural damage for aircraft (ground vehicles would be nice, but not a priority). For example, when I'm flying a helo and my rotors clip an object, the entire helo explodes. In real-life, the rotors would be ripped off, but the rest of the airframe would be okay (until it crashes into the ground, that is).

Ok now that we know what we want, lets talk about hot to make this happen within the deadline and time constraints of this production pipeline.

Ok now that we know what we want, lets talk about hot to make this happen within the deadline and time constraints of this production pipeline.

You're not, quite simply.