Sign in to follow this  
Xariez

Any way to show your carrier while timewarping, also, what about enemy respawning?

Hello everyone!

Im just posting one here, to ask some stuff since im new to the game. The title pretty much says it all.

Is there a way to show your carrier when ur having timewarp? Since its really fun seeing that big carrier beast just going 'round islands :D I think it would be great if there would be small islands around when u go in a timewarp, just to get some extra visuals and details to it, would be amazing :D

Also, is there a way to make enemies respawn? Or is what is done is done?

Regards,

Xariez - A new big fan of this game :D

Hello everyone!

Im just posting one here, to ask some stuff since im new to the game. The title pretty much says it all.

Is there a way to show your carrier when ur having timewarp? Since its really fun seeing that big carrier beast just going 'round islands :D I think it would be great if there would be small islands around when u go in a timewarp, just to get some extra visuals and details to it, would be amazing :D

Regards,

Welcome to the game.

There is a mod that allows re-spawn of the enemy carrier, but none in the vanilla game, but there should be. Having the enemy carrier re-spawn after it's destruction should be a MUST HAVE, option. Without it the game can be over before it starts.

I don't really understand what you mean about seeing the carrier when it timewarps, you can see it fine when sailing around islands.

Hello everyone!

Regards,

As far as i know, there is no way to switch to carrier view whilst in timewarp - you have to be on either the map view or on the units (mantas/walrusses). cancelling map view when timewarp is beginning, will cancel the countdown.

this is the mod you recquire for enemy carrier respawn:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145327-Deadly-Islands-mod-with-Manual-Timewarp-and-enemy-respawn

you will probably want to read up on how to disable most of the other options though, because if you're new to the game some things will overwhelm you and some things will likely make the game too hard (it will change all enemy island defences to deadly).

Welcome to the game.

There is a mod that allows re-spawn of the enemy carrier, but none in the vanilla game, but there should be. Having the enemy carrier re-spawn after it's destruction should be a MUST HAVE, option. Without it the game can be over before it starts.

I don't really understand what you mean about seeing the carrier when it timewarps, you can see it fine when sailing around islands.

Okay, and the other reply said it, to show the carrier view when ur in a timewarp. And thanks for the help :)

As far as i know, there is no way to switch to carrier view whilst in timewarp - you have to be on either the map view or on the units (mantas/walrusses). cancelling map view when timewarp is beginning, will cancel the countdown.

this is the mod you recquire for enemy carrier respawn:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145327-Deadly-Islands-mod-with-Manual-Timewarp-and-enemy-respawn

you will probably want to read up on how to disable most of the other options though, because if you're new to the game some things will overwhelm you and some things will likely make the game too hard (it will change all enemy island defences to deadly).

So theres the mod, thanks alot! Will all enemies respawn or just some enemies?

Also, NEW QUESTION

How long of a game is the campaign (i really hope theres soe kind of skirmish) ? Like, how many islands if thats easier to say?

I dont know the exact number of islands for the campaign, but I think 15-20 or so.

What kind of skirmish are you thinking of?

You have to fight your way to each command center to capture them, and its not only easy.

Some of them have protective measures in place that you need to deal with before you can capture them.

I dont want to say too much as I dont want to spoil the game for you either.

I dont know the exact number of islands for the campaign, but I think 15-20 or so.

What kind of skirmish are you thinking of?

You have to fight your way to each command center to capture them, and its not only easy.

Some of them have protective measures in place that you need to deal with before you can capture them.

I dont want to say too much as I dont want to spoil the game for you either.

Oh okay,

And skirmish as in that u can just go into a game and fight and choose ur own settings. There kinda is, of what i've checked :)

And yeah i did notice the defenses is sometimes quite dangerous

X

I think if you choose just a single player game with very few islands that pretty much a skirmish match!

So theres the mod, thanks alot! Will all enemies respawn or just some enemies?

Island units (both friendly and enemy) will respawn as normal, whether you are playing with the mod or without the mod. The thing that this mod changes is that the enemy CARRIER will respawn (without the mod - if you destroy the enemy carrier, it will not respawn and you have no enemy except islands)