Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

RKSL - Foxhound LPPV 0.5 BETA

RKSL Studios is Proud to present the First Release of the Foxhound LPPV - 0.5 BETA

Foxhound_05Beta.jpg

This is the First Release of Messiah's Foxhound LPPV BETA

The Force Protection Ocelot is a British armoured vehicle that has replaced the United Kingdom's Snatch Land Rover with British forces. It was given the service name Foxhound, in line with the names given to other wheeled armored vehicles in current British use, such as Mastiff and Ridgback. The goal in replacing the Snatch Land Rover was to improve protection of personnel against improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Which really wasnt hard since the Snatch was never intended to withstand those kinds of attacks.

I think Messiah has definitely outdone himself with this one. Considering this is his first addon since returning to addon making after 4 year break he's set the bar really high now and its going to be hard to keep up with him... but we're going to try!

Do note that this is a public BETA, and there are a few quirks and bugs that may pop up every now and then! Generally we felt that it was far long enough for you lot to enjoy (and Messiah has a new job and holidays that would unduly delay a release further), even as a beta, especially the various British MP squads who'll hopefully get some use out of them.

Enjoy!

Documentation

RKSL Studios Foxhound LPPV ReadMe 0.5 BETA

Downloads

Download Mirror 1 - @RKSL Studios

Download Mirror 2 - @Armaholic

Today's release coincides with the UK's celebration of Armed Forces Day

foxhound_relid_1.jpg

Edited by da12thMonkey

Been looking forward to this. Can't wait to try it ingame :)

Excellent work as always gents :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Rocks) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

Since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

i surely like to look of it!

Great work!

Best weekend ever, so many great addons coming out today! Thanx RSKL team!

Glad to hear that these are going down well, even as a beta. It's been a long time since I release anything, so it's all a big daunting, especially when released alongside rock's utterly mind blowing typhoons - a good day for British kit fans :)

I don't think you have much to worry about you Rock Cleggy have done some out standing work as it is keep it up.

Played about with these a bit and looking excellent so far! Cannot wait to get these properly used in a mission!

I have one suggestion however, and that is to increase the hit-points of the fuel tank on the vehicle. The reason being is that after driving over, or near a land mine the vehicle would come out in a bad condition (i.e. the wheels nearest the blast are blown off, and the hull is dark orange) but the fuel tank would be bright red causing the vehicle to turn black (not really blowing up considering there is no fire or smoke!) after a few seconds and for everyone to get killed. So it seems that if you made the fuel tank a bit stronger then we could actually get some mobility kills in game.

Maybe I have a conflicting addon but a problem I have found is the AI gunners never fire. I tried putting them up against infantry, vehicles and armour and they did not fire on either. I tried the Ridgback and the AI opened fire as expected.

Maybe I have a conflicting addon but a problem I have found is the AI gunners never fire. I tried putting them up against infantry, vehicles and armour and they did not fire on either. I tried the Ridgback and the AI opened fire as expected.

Ditto, had the same experience, made AI get out of vehicle and they opened fire?

Instructions, documents? Darn, my bad sorry Rock should have read it first.

Very nice job da12thMonkey ! :)

Very nice job da12thMonkey ! :)

I am sure Messiah thinks so too :P

Unfashionably late as ever, congrats on the release Messiah!

Looks Top Of The Pops, yes, indeed, err, what?

Don't know if this has already been reported but AI drivers seem to have a terrible time trying to find their destination waypoint?

Hope you find an answer to the AI gunners being dumbasses 'cause Da12th's animations are beautiful...

I'd love to see this in A3 with mini-guns up top!

You will see the Foxhound in Arm3.

I doubt you will see it with miniguns though. No British ground vehicle uses them. ;)