Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

RKSL - Eurofighter Typhoon V2.6

RKSL Studios is Proud (and relieved) to present the V2.601 Typhoon FGR4

wk5-13-05.jpg

This is the final instalment of the Typhoon for ArmA2. There will be some maintenance updates, its inevitable :o

According to my desktop bug tracker it represents 531 changes since the beta. Only a few of which have been mentioned in the updates over the last year.

• Flight model Improvements
  • Better AI performance
  • Improved handling for both keyboard and Joystick users
  • Improved scripts - Number of MP issues fixed
  • Improved Flare system integration
  • Restructured PBO for 3rd Party Plugin support.
  • International Plugin and Weapons load outs
    • Austria
    • UK
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Oman (New)
    • RedFOR - Fictional force for PVP and Training.

[*]Larger selection of pre-set loadouts.

[*]Improved HUD with Parallax layer

[*]Improved Cockpit Displays

[*]Improved wreck and debris.

And a lot more.

Some things you should understand before you comment:

• No I wont donate it to ACE
  • No I haven't tested with ACE
  • No I wont convert it to ACE
  • ArmA2CO is required, BAF Expansion is not required but suggested for use with the RAF plugin
  • This is the Last major update for ArmA2CO. There may be hotfixes/maintenance updates.
  • The Typhoon is really this fast. - On small "islands" like Takistan they may seem too fast. You have to remember that this addon was intended to be used on a 40.9x40.9 map we are working on. (see the RKSL YouTube videos.)
  • No I wont reduce the speed to fit on a 5x5km map.
  • RKSL Flares & System v2.03 are required addons.
  • Modification of this addon for any reason is NOT allowed. You want a change, ask us. We will not support "personal versions".
  • The RKSL Weapons pack is not complete and is a work in progress.
    • 500lb bombs now have a larger blast radius - 35m radius
    • 1000lb bombs have a large blast radius - 50m radius

[*]National Plugins are available in the Optional Folder.

[*]A Re-skin template will be released at some point in the future

Documentation

RKSL Studios Typhoon FGR4 Read Me (Online)

Download & Mirrors

Mirror 1 - @RKSL Studios V2.601 Typhoon Updated 04 July 2013

Mirror 2 - @Armaholic V2.601 Typhoon All-In-One

Mirror 2 - @Armaholic V2.601 Typhoon Plugins (V2.600-V2.601 patch)

If you already have the v2.600 Typhoon that was released Saturday 29th June then just grab EuroFighter Typhoon FGR4 V2.601 - UPDATED Plugins ONLY. It fixes the problems that people reported with the German plugin and adds/correct some colour schemes in the RAF and other plugins. As well as includes a new plugin for the Royal Air Force of Oman.

If you haven't previously downloaded the previous v2.600 Typhoon, download EuroFighter Typhoon FGR4 V2.601 All-In-One

Today's release coincides with the UK's celebration of Armed Forces Day

typhoon_relid_1.jpg

Edited by da12thMonkey

Been looking forward to this update. Can't wait to try it ingame and see the new features :)

Outstanding work as always gents :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Rocks) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

Since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

The sound on that euro-fighter is deafeningly awesomne! Love it...

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Are there any servers that are using this at the moment?

The sound on that euro-fighter is deafeningly awesomne! Love it...

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Are there any servers that are using this at the moment?

Hi !

Well ill try to use it for my domination server but there are some things on this baby so i can't use it correctly. I miss some classnames because the documentation about the EF is about the 1.0 not the 2.6.

I need to know the classnames for the optional Typhoons and how to delete the droptanks from the EF's.

EDIT: I use the ShowClass Script to findout myself whats going on :D Finally i can setup my server. :)

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

Let us know your server name if you get it up today :D

Hi !

@brad7: I will...but this isn't a thread about my server...only fort he Eurofighter. I have more mods you need to play on it. You will find them when you look into my profile or just use the link in my signature.

Finally i found all out by myself. The new pylon system is very useful ! Now you can setup a whole more bunch of awesome loadouts ;)

Classnames should maybe help:

"RKSL_efa_pylons_X_mag" replace X by 2,4 or 6 (pylons under the wings, 6 is max i guess) 2 Pylons and the end of the wings are fixed, so 8 Weaponpylons per wing !

"RKSL_2Rnd_pylonblank" (same magazine replacements like in the 1.0 beta, see the PDF for that)

"RKSL_60Rnd_pylonblank" (also magazine replacement but new i guess ?)

"RKSL_2Rnd_efa_fueltank" Well...these are the tanks ;)

I began to add some Loadouts for the Loadoutscript. CAP (Close Air Patrol) look like this (I use GLT weapons for the other planes..sry):

_vec addMagazine "RKSL_150Rnd_27mmAP_Mauser";

_vec addweapon "RKSL_27mmmauser";

_vec addMagazine "RKSL_efa_pylons_4_mag";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AIM120";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM120_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9X";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM9X_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AIM7";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM7_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "RKSL_60Rnd_pylonblank";

Works so far. No problems here. :) Hooraahh !

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

Hi !

@brad7: I will...but this isn't a thread about my server...only fort he Eurofighter. I have more mods you need to play on it. You will find them when you look into my profile or just use the link in my signature.

Finally i found all out by myself. The new pylon system is very useful ! Now you can setup a whole more bunch of awesome loadouts ;)

Classnames should maybe help:

"RKSL_efa_pylons_X_mag" replace X by 2,4 or 6 (pylons under the wings, 6 is max i guess) 2 Pylons and the end of the wings are fixed, so 8 Weaponpylons per wing !

"RKSL_2Rnd_pylonblank" (same magazine replacements like in the 1.0 beta, see the PDF for that)

"RKSL_60Rnd_pylonblank" (also magazine replacement but new i guess ?)

"RKSL_2Rnd_efa_fueltank" Well...these are the tanks ;)

I began to add some Loadouts for the Loadoutscript. CAP (Close Air Patrol) look like this (I use GLT weapons for the other planes..sry):

_vec addweapon "RKSL_27mmmauser";

_vec addMagazine "RKSL_efa_pylons_4_mag";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AIM120";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM120_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_AIM9X";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM9X_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_AIM7";

_vec addweapon "GLT_AIM7_Launcher";

_vec addMagazine "RKSL_60Rnd_pylonblank";

Works so far. No problems here. :) Hooraahh !

maxx

I have to ask, why are you using GLT weapons when the RKSL one use the exact same values (or very similar ones)?

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Hi !

My reasons are:

- GLT weapons (espacially the rockets and missiles) have another smoke effect. I like it more.

- The other planes also using GLT...so why not the EF too.

- I simply dont wanna confuse people by using other weapons in their planes.

- Its a little bit easier for me to sort, copy and paste weapons in the loadout script.

I mean the RKSL weapons are awesome. Maybe i switch to them when the EF will run like i want, but it still don't :(

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

Hi !

My reasons are:

- GLT weapons (espacially the rockets and missiles) have another smoke effect. I like it more.

- The other planes also using GLT...so why not the EF too.

- I simply dont wanna confuse people by using other weapons in their planes.

- Its a little bit easier for me to sort, copy and paste weapons in the loadout script.

I mean the RKSL weapons are awesome. Maybe i switch to them when the EF will run like i want, but it still don't :(

maxx

Im curious because it means another addon is needed (But if you are already using it then that not so much of an issue) and that a number of the models in the GLT pack are ones i donated to Myke. Personally the smoke effects i thought were a bit too much but I grant the custom explosions (WLD427 I think helped there) are far better than the stock ones we are using for the RKSL Air Weapons atm. I've been meaning to talk to WLD about those explosions. :P

Thanks for your latest bit of top notch work Rock!

Thanks for the update! Some issues I have after installing new version of Typhoon and needed files:

-after pressing F1 in editor an error message appears: Script rksl\RKSL-System\s\addons\RKSLlynx_AHVer.sqf not found

-after putting Typhoon at the map and pressing Preview a message appears: Scripts rksl\rksl-Typhoon\s\RKSLTyphoon_Init.sqf not found (but the game loads and I may fly with Typhoon). I use one folder (@RKSL) for all your addons (Typhoon, Lynxes, Pumas). Is it due to the conflict between older and newer addons?

Thx for the update!

Thanks for the update! Some issues I have after installing new version of Typhoon and needed files:

-after pressing F1 in editor an error message appears: Script rksl\RKSL-System\s\addons\RKSLlynx_AHVer.sqf not found

-after putting Typhoon at the map and pressing Preview a message appears: Scripts rksl\rksl-Typhoon\s\RKSLTyphoon_Init.sqf not found (but the game loads and I may fly with Typhoon). I use one folder (@RKSL) for all your addons (Typhoon, Lynxes, Pumas). Is it due to the conflict between older and newer addons?

Yeah this is all in hand. I did mention this in the pre-release video but i forgot to mention it in the release info. Next Saturday will see the release of the updated Lynx, Merlin and Pumas. That will fix all the issues you have now.

We had to change several parts of the Flares system so we took the opportunity to make it easier to implement in 3rd party addons too. This means that any addon using the old flares/system needs to be updated. There will also be a tutorial published that explains how to use the RKSL Flares in your own addons.

@RKSL-Rock and the rest of RKSL, this is a fantastic release. One of the best, if not the best released addon for Arma2. I love flying this aircraft and the sounds are just phenomenal. :)

Hi !

So the german EF is fixed now or what ? :) Or will it come out tomorrow ?

And what i wanna say beside the bugs at the lanuch....the EF is the beste plane for Arma 2 at the moment...no doubt ! ;) I love the new pylonsystem. Its just great. The EF inspires me do continue the work on my Mig29 !

Rock...you...rock hehe... Thanks !

maxx

Hi !

So the german EF is fixed now or what ? :) Or will it come out tomorrow ?

And what i wanna say beside the bugs at the lanuch....the EF is the beste plane for Arma 2 at the moment...no doubt ! ;) I love the new pylonsystem. Its just great. The EF inspires me do continue the work on my Mig29 !

Rock...you...rock hehe... Thanks !

maxx

Yeah it should all come out tomorrow at about 1900 BST (2000 CEST). There will be two Typhoon packages released:

1. Updated/Fixed Plugins
  2. A new all-in-one package v2.601

If you downloaded the existing 2.600 package you only need the Plugins pack. But if your are downloading for the first time then all you need is the v2.601 Package.

I have the error message "rksl\rksl-Typhoon\s\RKSLTyphoon_Init.sqf not found"

Afterburner and Warningmessages no works.

I have the error message "rksl\rksl-Typhoon\s\RKSLTyphoon_Init.sqf not found"

Afterburner and Warningmessages no works.

It will be fixed in tonights update. As I seem to be repeating this hourly... an older set of plugins was accidentally uploaded with the latest core package. It was my mistake. There will be an update released later today (Wednesday 3 July 2013) that fixes this problem.

In the short term all you need to do is drop the RAF Plugin into the folder with the other plugins you are using and it should work without any problems. After that just wait until tonight's release.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Sorry guys the update is going to be quite late on tonight. I've not had chance to upload the packages yet and my net connection at home is really slow... hang tight and I'll post when they are available.

Np mate. Less speed more haste

LOL - No mate its more like, "Less whiney arseholes, more free time". I got called out to solve something that should/could have be done in-house by an intern. Its set me back about 6 hours.

Ok Packages are uploading very slowly. I'll post again when its complete.

V2.601 Has Now been released: Typhoon FGR v2.601 UPDATE Released

Apologies for the delay, it always happens I take a day off and someone pops up and get chores to do. I finished the Allen Scythe BTW. Works like a charm.

There are two new packages:

1 - All-In-One v2.601 - If you havent already downloaded the Typhoon this contains all you need - You DO NOT need to download anything else if you have this package

2 - Plugins UPGRADE v2.601 - If you already have the v2.600 Typhoon that was released last Saturday then just grab this. It fixes the problems that people reported with the German plugin and adds/correct some colour schemes in the RAF and other plugins. As well as includes a new plugin for the Sultan of Oman's Air Force.

Have fun.

RKSL Team

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Rock) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

Since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.