Sniperwolf572

Switching weapons on the move

Version 1.3 now available from the first post, prone static switching was lost since 1.1 when I migrated the switching to the user action control set and there's some minor code improvements.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

I shut down all mods and just ran the switch pbo and cba_a3. No change, both keys use action 17 and 18 are bound to tab+1/2 and the original weapon switch keys are unbound. Not sure what else to do.
Same as mumblz, followed the instructions (complete with using your keybinds and unbinding the default switch weapon keybinds) and running CBA-A3 at the top of the 'Expansions' list, with no positive result whether moving or stationary, on both dev build and stable build.

Can I ask you to PM your .rpt files for the session where you think everything was loaded correctly but not working?

Also, if you go into the editor, put yourself down and preview the mission, then pause the game and put

player getVariable "TEN_canSwitch";

into one of the "Watch" fields of the debug console, what does the field below it say?

Hey Sniperwolf would mind talkin with me on steam, name is R I S E N I added you. Not sure where the .rpt files are.

Edited by mumblz

Hey Sniperwolf would mind talkin with me on steam, name is R I S E N I added you. Not sure where the .rpt files are.
Go into your AppData folder (drive:\Users\whatever\AppData\Local\Arma 3) and pick the RPT file that's timestamped from whenever you loaded up the game (i.e. if I started the game at 9:19 pm tonight and tried to get this mod working, it would be arma3_2013-07-03_21-19-43.rpt ).

Interesting tip: Within that folder is a MPMissionsCache folder where you can download the mission PBOs from servers that you've played on, if you feel like hosting them yourself...

Doesn't seem to be working after TeamSwitch.

This has been fixed in 1.4, it's now available in the first post.

Updating CBA and using 1.4 fixed the issue, thanks! mumblz, as with myself I would suggest checking that your CBA is up to date, that's where my problem was.

Updating CBA and using 1.4 fixed the issue, thanks! mumblz, as with myself I would suggest checking that your CBA is up to date, that's where my problem was.

He's been sorted out already, had the same problem with an old CBA version. ;)

This has been fixed in 1.4, it's now available in the first post.

Indeed. You know I never realized what a pain in da arse it was to have to stop to switch to pistol, especially in urban, but now it's already become 2nd hand nature -could never go back!

Mine has stopped working... all i did was re-added the new 1.4 version disable, restart game, enable restart game. Nothing... what i do wrong?

Mine has stopped working... all i did was re-added the new 1.4 version disable, restart game, enable restart game. Nothing... what i do wrong?

If you updated from 1.0 you need to check the first post for updated instructions. I changed the controls that need to be used so they don't conflict with the default action.

If you updated from 1.0 you need to check the first post for updated instructions. I changed the controls that need to be used so they don't conflict with the default action.

Thank you, didnt notice that requirement had changed, All good agian :)

Switching while using binos, range finder or laser designator causes a zero divisor.

Switching while using binos, range finder or laser designator causes a zero divisor.

Fixed with 1.4.1, first post updated with the new version. Unfortunately it doesn't add the possibility to switch to and from binoc slot weapons, you'll still have to do that with your binoc keybind.

Confirmed. Thanks for your prompt fix.

Very nice, I know its probably been said, but have you sent this to BIS as a solution to the original problem that could be implemented for everyone.

Very nice, I know its probably been said, but have you sent this to BIS as a solution to the original problem that could be implemented for everyone.

Thanks. :)

But unfortunately it's not a proper solution, it's just a wonky hack around the problem which if they decide they want to do, they can do much better. Not much in this addon would be useful to them except for the fact that now they can try it out and see how it works before committing time and resources to make it happen properly.

Totally awesome !! There is a unbelievable gain in control and freedom of movement ! You rock Sniperwolf572 !

Just reporting a little bug when I switch from my primary weapon to my handgun while moving the animation will work, but instead of equiping the pistol, my rifle will still be in my hands. Also when i switch weapons the player goes from having their weapon up, to lowering the weapon. I think this may or may not just be a problem in multiplayer because i tried this out in the editor and it worked fine.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Just reporting a little bug when I switch from my primary weapon to my handgun while moving the animation will work, but instead of equiping the pistol, my rifle will still be in my hands. Also when i switch weapons the player goes from having their weapon up, to lowering the weapon. I think this may or may not just be a problem in multiplayer because i tried this out in the editor and it worked fine.

Also, it's kind of an off and on thing. Sometimes it glitches out, and sometimes it works fine.

Thanks you for doing what BIS are not able to do !!!

Sadly we now will need to deal with server that accept or not mods...

Really nice job with this Sniperwolf.

While this mod plugs quite a huge gap in movement fundamentals, its hacky nature becomes apparent when you really try to embed it into your core gameplay.

Nevertheless, a nice surprise. I hope BIS takes notice of this and sees the fruits in implementing it properly (e.g people will be much more likely to use their sidearm instead of their primary weapon, if they have one - and combat in general feels a lot more dynamic).

Not to praise this too much however, as it has already been a standard for FPS games for some time to be able to switch weapons while on the move. Implementing this would just be Arma catching up.

{wonders if people even bother to read the forums to know what modification author said about mod he made and tho developers like it they didn't added it due fact it wasn't that great until done right} :rolleyes:

Noice. Hopefully this is something we can have in the full game. Stopping to switch is silly. Holsters and slings exist to make it easy to access a weapon. I don't mind it as much with something like a launcher because those are big and clunky and often not kept on the body.

{wonders if people even bother to read the forums to know what modification author said about mod he made and tho developers like it they didn't added it due fact it wasn't that great until done right} :rolleyes:

I mistook the 96 (now 98) posts for the page number, and thought "I'm not reading all that!"

Anyway, it's easy to read/hear/see lots of different things while on forums, sometimes you just need to repeat yourself. ;)

I have faith in you Smookie!

Well, some of us did. Keep up with the awesome work though dudes!