Sniperwolf572

Switching weapons on the move

Version 1.1 is now in the first post. As said before, it handles keybinds and key presses a bit differently so take care. Please re-read the instructions in the first post as the new controls are now needed instead of the ones version 1.0 was using.

I cannot help much as to my understanding switching between action sets via gesture is impossible at the moment. As always, slight chance this gets attention in one of the patches.

Regardless, thanks for the input, appreciate it. :)

I cant see why but it works today. Very nice. :)

Well problem is that the way the gestures work now is that they have to begin and end in the same pose since they are simply masks over regular states. If the actionset changed along with the gesture that would bring possibility of implementing this smoothly straight into engine...

... to your understanding?

i don't think smookie is the one to blame for the animation tree and the absence of the features he described. as i understand it he makes animations for a set system he has no influence on. this base he's working with has been coded (and barely changed :p) a long time ago. if anything he's one of the people advocating for the changes he described.

i don't think smookie is the one to blame for the animation tree and the absence of the features he described. as i understand it he makes animations for a set system he has no influence on. this base he's working with has been coded (and barely changed :p) a long time ago. if anything he's one of the people advocating for the changes he described.

This. Don't be shooting the messenger. :p

Well problem is that the way the gestures work now is that they have to begin and end in the same pose since they are simply masks over regular states. If the actionset changed along with the gesture that would bring possibility of implementing this smoothly straight into engine...

So if I'm understanding this correctly, isn't the actual problem that gestures currently can't force/make a change into a different state? Because I'm pretty certain that gestures don't have to end in the same animation or state. Some built in gestures (GestureAgonyCargo) that can be triggered loop and persist over all other "base" animations, states and actions you do.

Maybe devs should contact BISim and ask for help?

Doesn't look like engine limitation to me.

Or is this also uses some hacky methods?

engine limitation == requires rewriting of big parts of the engine to make it work =/= 100% impossible to do.

Just a note for everyone: if you unbind BIS weapon switch key, you'll be able to switch weapons ONLY while moving... Solution is to simply bind both User Keys and BIS normal keys to the same key, so you'll change weapons both standing still and on the move with the same keypress...

Damn that sentence is a mess...

Yay!

EDIT: Aaaaand I was wrong: you'll have to bind them to different keys...

Edited by Gliptal

Maybe devs should contact BISim and ask for help?

Or is this also uses some hacky methods?

Maybe you should use that other thread on the same subject to make snarky remarks at the devs?

Just a note for everyone: if you unbind BIS weapon switch key, you'll be able to switch weapons ONLY while moving... Solution is to simply bind both User Keys and BIS normal keys to the same key, so you'll change weapons both standing still and on the move with the same keypress...

Yay!

Yes, as I said in my post just above, conflicts and all. :)

You can still switch the weapons while stationary with the same keybind, but I've just noticed that it takes a longer keypress to trigger it for some reason. I'll see what I can do about that.

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Yay!

New version (1.2) in the first post, I've changed the way the control listening logic works, this should no longer be an issue, keys you bound to User Action 17 and User Action 18 will work better when stationary to initiate the weapons switch.

Confirmed it works seamlessly now via side mouse button! Been playing Urban Commando with this, BB's Jump and TPW's Fall script -unbridled joy not usually felt in this series. Now if only there was a hanglider and bow...oh wait....! :)

BB's Jump

if BB means Bad Benson, then i have to correct you. i didn't release anything yet. the credit for the jump addon belongs to Das Attorney;)

but since i'm posting why not add a little plug:p: there will be soon an update in my thread about my mod that includes climbing and jumping. and probably a first release soon after that.

so i hope with this here and all the other diamonds i can add another one for people to enjoy arma even more.

I have tried just about everything to get this to work, and it just doesnt. Tried tab+1/2 tried binding tab+1/2 to my side mouse buttons on the naga, tried other combos, nothing. any help is appreciated.

@BB: yes you are of course correct -apologies to Das Attorney

Just noticed that with current Fall script paired with this kills the the weapon switching for some odd reason..I'll keep testing it. mumblz do you have other scripts or addons running?

Note as per compatibility with Fall script: The two only become incompatible when using a global:{0 = [_x] execvm "tpw_fall.sqf";} foreach allunits; ........not when used on individual soldier

Edited by froggyluv

Just another plug that 1.2 has been released late last night, in case it was missed in the triple-post-merge.

I have tried just about everything to get this to work, and it just doesnt. Tried tab+1/2 tried binding tab+1/2 to my side mouse buttons on the naga, tried other combos, nothing. any help is appreciated.

Loading and running it correctly in combination with CBA_A3? Correctly bound the keys to "User Action 17/18"? The v1.2, from last night, should alleviate most keybind issues.

@BB: yes you are of course correct -apologies to Das Attorney

Just noticed that with current Fall script paired with this kills the the weapon switching for some odd reason..I'll keep testing it. mumblz do you have other scripts or addons running?

Note as per compatibility with Fall script: The two only become incompatible when using a global:{0 = [_x] execvm "tpw_fall.sqf";} foreach allunits; ........not when used on individual soldier

Can you provide me a link to the mentioned fall script please so I can check what's going on? Nevermind, found it I think.

Great work with v1.2, I'll test it ASAP... :D

Yay!

Nice one, it is annoying having to stop to change to a pistol and stuff.

Loading and running it correctly in combination with CBA_A3? Correctly bound the keys to "User Action 17/18"? The v1.2, from last night, should alleviate most keybind issues.
Same as mumblz, followed the instructions (complete with using your keybinds and unbinding the default switch weapon keybinds) and running CBA-A3 at the top of the 'Expansions' list, with no positive result whether moving or stationary, on both dev build and stable build.

Same as mumblz, followed the instructions (complete with using your keybinds and unbinding the default switch weapon keybinds) and running CBA-A3 at the top of the 'Expansions' list, with no positive result whether moving or stationary, on both dev build and stable build.
From what I got here in the forums you are an expert guy, but are you sure you've put the .pbo in a folder named Addons? Because I missed that passage myself the first time I downloaded this Mod... :D

Yay!

From what I got here in the forums you are an expert guy, but are you sure you've put the .pbo in a folder named Addons? Because I missed that passage myself the first time I downloaded this Mod... :D
It's inside an addons subfolder within the modfolder just like any other mod.

It's inside an addons subfolder within the modfolder just like any other mod.
Do you have any other Mods running?

Yay!

great.

let's just hope the dev. will integrate that in vanilla version of the game.

Do you have any other Mods running?

Yay!

I shut down all mods and just ran the switch pbo and cba_a3. No change, both keys use action 17 and 18 are bound to tab+1/2 and the original weapon switch keys are unbound. Not sure what else to do.

I shut down all mods and just ran the switch pbo and cba_a3. No change, both keys use action 17 and 18 are bound to tab+1/2 and the original weapon switch keys are unbound. Not sure what else to do.
Are you sure TAB isn't binded to something else that could break the action? Maybe try a key you're 100% sure does nothing...

Yay!

Thanks for shedding some light on situation smookie, it would be joy

to hear more.

So how to make actionset changed along with the gesture?

Downloading newest version!