Sign in to follow this  
Vegabond

Just in case you didnt see new a10 pics

If we could make some taiban maps, take some pics of us bombing there bmps....

Hmm might make a Ranger mission doing that

smile.gif

Holy s**t, beautifull modelling of those MK83´s?

But as displayed, they´re unguided "dumb bombs"- i thought they were supposed to work in team with a laser designator......

Therefore the guidance system is missing, also fins array looking different on laser guided bombs:

GBU-24 family:

gbu24_11.jpg

MK80 unguided bombs family:

mk80_fam.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Damage Inc on 9:04 pm on Nov. 7, 2001

BTW is that the LGB A10 in those pics?<span id='postcolor'>

Guess so,

this is taken from Coldwar flashpoint, who are hosting the pics:

A-10 Bomber Wednesday, November 7, 2001 by AndOne

Here are some screenshots of the new A-10 Bomber which will be featured in the upcoming 1.30 Upgrade. You can use the laser designator or the new OH-58 Kiowa Helicopter to paint targets for the bombs.

So i´m pretty sure there will be only 1 "Bomber" variant of the A-10, that in fact is supposed to carry LGB´s.

Those bombs aren't LGB's like you said before on this thread, so I thought that would be a different bomber.

(Edited by Damage Inc at 8:19 pm on Nov. 7, 2001)

Ha good, that'll piss the people who think bombers will make the game unbalaced and will ruin multiplayer games etc.

And those bombs look so cool, they should bring out an Afganistan map with all the taliban camps intact so we can bomb em all in our own virtual world, that'll be cool, they should have napalm bombs aswell so we can burn the buggers too, HA HA HA.

I don't remember anyone saying that bombers will unbalance the game on any thread in this forum. Only that proper bombers would be inappropiate since the islands are to small and the game engine doesn't support high altitude flying. Nor do any of the islands have suitable runways for bombers and tactical bombers fly too fast.

But anyway back to the point, I hope those bombs BIS have made are unguided as they look and they have proper guided bombs for laser designating.

Also why do they have to have an entirly new plane? The A-10 has 11 pylons, why don't they have 8 mavericks, 6 of those bombs on two three spoke pylons and one extra in the middle pylon? Ok, that one fewer bombs, but better load out total. Maybe thats to heavy a load-out to be realistic.

The A-10 Could Carry 12 Mavericks (three to a pulon grouping) and 4 Mk 83, 2 sidwinders, 1 External fuel tank and 1 ECM pod. Plus it give many a towel hea... uhmm... enemy soldiers a good stainless steel enema, with it GUA-8 Cannon

(Edited by Stinger at 4:43 am on Nov. 8, 2001)

One can already get bombs with mine & armourdaves addon wink.gif

(Edited by Kegetys at 12:01 am on Nov. 8, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Kegetys on 11:58 pm on Nov. 7, 2001

One can already get bombs with mine & armourdaves addon wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'd like to thank you for your rockin' addon, it has entertained me for many hours.

-=Die Alive=-

Oh d*amn, I just wish they make a new plane! I hate the A10.

(Edited by Devil at 2:35 am on Nov. 9, 2001)

Looking at the facts I have discovered the official loadout combinations for the A-10. Information from FAS.

One 30 mm GAU-8/A seven-barrel Gatling gun;

up to 16,000 pounds (7,200 kilograms) of mixed ordnance on eight under-wing and three under-fuselage pylon stations, including infrared countermeasure flares; electronic countermeasure chaff; jammer pods; 2.75-inch (6.99 centimeters) rockets; illumination flares and:

MK-82 (500 pound bomb)

MK-84 (2000 pound bomb)

MK77 incendiary

10 MK20 Rockeye II (4 - 6 standard load)

10 CBU-52 (4 - 6 standard load)

10 CBU-58 (4 - 6 standard load)

10 CBU-71 (4 - 6 standard load)

10 CBU-87 (4 - 6 standard load)

10 CBU-89 (4 - 6 standard load)

CBU-97

10 BL755 (4 - 6 standard load)

AGM-65 Maverick missiles

GBU-10 laser-guided bomb

GBU-12 laser-guided bomb

AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles

MK AGM CBU CBU CBU 2.75 GBU AIM LUU LUU 30

82  65    87    89    97   RX    12    9    1      2    MM

12                                                 2                  1000

4                                            2                  1000

6     2                                            2                  1000

2       4                                   2                  1000

6                                   2                  1000

2             4                             2                  1000

6                             2                  1000

6                    2                  1000

2                            14            2     8    8     1000

4                            14            2     8    8     1000

2                                     4     2                  1000

Sorry the tables all wobbly

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 1:23 am on Nov. 9, 2001)

a 10 is vulnerable to fighters.....i think that's the biggest problem of the aircraft

The Warthog is slow when compared to other jet aircraft, that's why the US Air Force typically guts enemy fighter capabilities early in any engagement. After that step, the largest threat is from AAA sites, SAM sites, and shoulder-launched SAMs (if you're near the dirt).

but good thing is that the armour is very strong...i seen that in the gulf...a10 managed to return after the part of the wing got blown off by aaa

Official Disclaimer to ALL: if you don't agree, I don't care.

Sorry Jub Jub, I know you got your chart off another website but I know for a fact at least part of it is wrong. Don't take it personally I'm not cursing your name to #### for etenity or anything. But in as far as the AGM-65 is concerned they are loaded as a rack of three missiles on stations 4 and 8 typically and can be loaded 3 and 9. The weight restriction sounds close but it can be fudged if they takeoff light on fule and Mid-air refuel.

Okay looked at the chart again, thinking maybe the meant 2 to 4 missile racks... don't know FAS seems to me to have a lot of good info, but its always just a little off.

(Edited by Stinger at 8:44 pm on Nov. 9, 2001)

Right, what´s the bleeding point of issuing a laser designator if not to actually be able to use it? Sure, it looks cool when you follow the red dot on a russian tank as your team mate paints it but it´d be even cooler if those pesky A10's could hit the designated target.

As the Pilot, you can see illuminated targets marked "Laser Target" and lock on them but the bombs are just as dumb all the same, don´t home in.

I´d like to make a pinpoint bombing mission where OPS's need to illuminate certain targets for the Hog crew but unfortunately it's not possible. Freakkin' fake mods!