Sign in to follow this  
mikkrish

Zona tools

Hi everybody!

Here I will be posting information on my project: ZONA TOOLS.

ZONA TOOLS will be an addon for ARMA 3 adding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. inspired modules like anomalies, radiation, biohazard, PDA, NPC interactions (trading, dialogs, missions), AI (NPC and monsters), factions and much more.

Later on I plan on adding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. oriented items for gameplay purposes like: Gas masks, outfits, artifacts, etc...

Plan is to create S.T.A.L.K.E.R inspired feel and mechanics, with authentic experience and depth all that with help of ARMA 3 near endless modding possibilities and second to none modding community.

This project is inspired and motivated by 2 mods:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R mod by DAP (unfinished) for ARMA 2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13589

And

NOVA ZONA Island by Meshcarver [WIP]

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142308-Large-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-inspired-Island

ZONA TOOLS will be multiplayer oriented with permanent death (Dayz style) and Persistent World.

I will post my progress here also major releases will be added by edit in main post, community feedback is much appreciated!

Edit:

As english is not my native, to avoid any misunderstanding i will note one thing. This mod is independent as all mods mentioned above. I did mention them as an source of inspiration but I work on this mod alone and have no credits, word or info in creation process of those mentioned mods.

Edited by Mikkrish
to avoid misunderstanding

I would ask Marc (Meshcarver) for permission to add anything from his work to your work before presuming that you will be doing it.

I do not add anything from Nova Zona to Zona Tools, as I understand it Nova Zona will be an Island, my plan is to wait for Nova Zona to release and after that I will be doing seperate addon + mission template for Meshcarver Island. I will not modify anything that is in Meshcarver work. I did mention Meshcarver's work as it is only upcoming known island to me that will match my mod, and I openly told my intentions on Marc thread.

But yea if there is any 'no no' by copyright that I missed then ofcourse I will wait for permission. I have no ill intentions as Meshcarver is doing splendid work, and for that im grateful. However for the time being Nova Zona is essential in my eyes.

A friend and me have been working on a project that's very similar to yours for a couple of months now. We're done with the basic framework (health system, safezones, shops, chunk based object spawning, dynamic radiation, server database etc.), and are now filling it with content. It's all made from scratch, and we don't have a name for it yet. Would you be interested in joining forces?

A friend and me have been working on a project that's very similar to yours for a couple of months now. We're done with the basic framework (health system, safezones, shops, chunk based object spawning, dynamic radiation, server database etc.), and are now filling it with content. It's all made from scratch, and we don't have a name for it yet. Would you be interested in joining forces?

Well that sounds cool and im interested in your project but I don't know if our visions would match in gameplay. Stalker setting is not quite an 'apocalypse' one as Stalkers are going to the Zone by their own choice for whealth or other means. However if we can be helping eachother in aspects that match in gameplay or technology then it would be a huge boost in development. So to avoid any problems feel free to PM me or post here what vision you guys have so we can check if our thougts match as it would be a shame to loose such an opportunity to work together on something :)

sure!

Edited by Mikkrish