Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

Band of brothers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1554-1557 "Great Russian War". Russians took Finland, Sweden took it back.

1561 - We got Estland and parts of southern Finland from the Russians

1570-1595 "25-year Russian war" - Finland was occupied/liberated several times. Sweden ended up getting Narva and loosing nothing.

1609-1610 "The La Gardian War" - We take Moscow (yey!wink.gif and in the peace deal we get Karelen and Viborg.

1610-1617 "The Ingermanland war", Sweden wins the Kexholm and Ingermanland areas

1656-1661 "Karl X's Russian Campaign", Sweden attacks Russia, Russia takes Finland, Sweden takes back Finland.<span id='postcolor'>

2003 Finland attacks Sweden and takes all their beautiful blonde girls

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 02 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2003 Finland attacks Sweden and takes all their beautiful blonde girls

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And a few brunettes and redheads too. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 02 2002,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1554-1557 "Great Russian War". Russians took Finland, Sweden took it back.

1561 - We got Estland and parts of southern Finland from the Russians

1570-1595 "25-year Russian war" - Finland was occupied/liberated several times. Sweden ended up getting Narva and loosing nothing.

1609-1610 "The La Gardian War" - We take Moscow (yey!wink.gif and in the peace deal we get Karelen and Viborg.

1610-1617 "The Ingermanland war", Sweden wins the Kexholm and Ingermanland areas

1656-1661 "Karl X's Russian Campaign", Sweden attacks Russia, Russia takes Finland, Sweden takes back Finland.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, regarding you "saving our ass": First of all you conquered us in the beginning. We'd been perfectly happy without your bloody christianity, living in our isolated tribal communities, thank you. biggrin.gif

Anyway, from there on, Finland and Sweden were one country (ruled from Sweden). That means that you recruited as much from Finland as from Sweden, which means that what you call "your" victories were actually "your and our" victories.

So from 1554 to 1561, Finns and Swedes fought agains russians and did pretty nicely. However, during 1570-1595, swedes bailed from Finland and ran back to mama, so russians were free to pillage and rape finnish civvies. When russians got bored and went home, you came back and started ruling us again (bastards). wink.gif

In 1609-1610 you (and us) intervene in a russian civilian war and "march the streets of Moscow". What a feat. Then you finally get back some of what you still hadn't regained in the 1554-1561 conflict (Karelen and Viborg). In 1610-1617, you finally get back all that you lost during 1554-1561 (southeast Finland and Baltic province).

In 1656-1661 YOU start a war and sacrifice US for the russian, then "liberate" us (with an army having finns in it of course). Than you very much. tounge.gif

What I can say is that if only swedes and russians had stayed out of our land, we would have been perfectly happy here, thank you. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Aug. 02 2002,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, regarding you "saving our ass": First of all you conquered us in the beginning. We'd been perfectly happy without your bloody christianity, living in our isolated tribal communities, thank you.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not conquered. Liberated. LI-BE-RA-TED biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, from there on, Finland and Sweden were one country (ruled from Sweden). That means that you recruited as much from Finland as from Sweden, which means that what you call "your" victories were actually "your and our" victories.<span id='postcolor'>

So you are saying when the Russians took your territory, then Sweden is to blame, but when Sweden took terrotiry, then Finland is to get the credit. Forget it either you say that it was all Sweden and we share the credit/blame or you accept that Finland was not Sweden and then we take the credit/blame. Make up your mind smile.gif

Anyway the majority of the soldiers were from mainland Sweden and not Finland.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I can say is that if only swedes and russians had stayed out of our land, we would have been perfectly happy here, thank you. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, yes, we can see how well that turned out, can't we? We leave you alone for five minutes and you go picking a fight with the Soviets and loose our valuable territory that we have bled for. And now the Nokia shares are plummeting making me loose money. Yeah, hip hip hooray for Finland! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 02 2002,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So you are saying when the Russians took your territory, then Sweden is to blame, but when Sweden took terrotiry, then Finland is to get the credit. Forget it either you say that it was all Sweden and we share the credit/blame or you accept that Finland was not Sweden and then we take the credit/blame. Make up your mind smile.gif

Anyway the majority of the soldiers were from mainland Sweden and not Finland.

Oh, yes, we can see how well that turned out, can't we? We leave you alone for five minutes and you go picking a fight with the Soviets and loose our valuable territory that we have bled for. And now the Nokia shares are plummeting making me loose money. Yeah, hip hip hooray for Finland! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. I'm saying that the swedish-finnish army commanded by the swedish aristocrats was pulled back without a proper fight and finnish civvies were left to be raped and pillaged by russians so that swedish civilians would be safe. It's what I'm saying.  tounge.gif

You didn't exactly "leave us alone for five minutes". Russians kicked the ass of the swedish-finnish army (commanded by swedes) and took Finland as the trophy. Then WE liberated ourselves and then the soviets picked a fight with us (Winter War) and then we picked a fight with soviets. That's how it went.  biggrin.gif

Anyway, it's good that you did not invest in swedish Ericksson or you would be losing even more money. Hooray Sweden!

Also, all yanks should note how Denoir bashes Finland and I'm bashing Sweden. So it's not always U.S. bashing what goes on around here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Aug. 02 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, it's good that you did not invest in swedish Ericksson or you would be losing even more money. Hooray Sweden!<span id='postcolor'>

Bah. You are so ungrateful. This is the thanks we get for trying to keep Finland Swedish biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Aug. 02 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, all yanks should note how Denoir bashes Finland and I'm bashing Sweden. So it's not always U.S. bashing what goes on around here.<span id='postcolor'>

Yay! A good old Finland vs Sweden bashing. biggrin.gif I'll never grow tired of this. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Aug. 02 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Aug. 02 2002,12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, all yanks should note how Denoir bashes Finland and I'm bashing Sweden. So it's not always U.S. bashing what goes on around here.<span id='postcolor'>

Yay! A good old Finland vs Sweden bashing. biggrin.gif I'll never grow tired of this. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure that I get that. Finland *is* Sweden. You are just out taking a walk right now, but you'll be back wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are just out taking a walk right now, but you'll be back<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, briefly after your JAS Gripens start to stay airborne..

tounge.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 02 2002,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are just out taking a walk right now, but you'll be back<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, enjoy flying your mig-21s smile.gif

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 02 2002,15wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 02 2002,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are just out taking a walk right now, but you'll be back<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, enjoy flying your mig-21s smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

At least they fly and do not try to imitate VTOL aircraft. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Aug. 02 2002,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It just cannot get very cold in France. They had what, minus 5 degrees celcius? When I was serving we had to squat two weeks in minus 42 degrees celcius. There was about 1.5 meters of snow. That sucked. Soft yanks...  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

As you're talking about Sweden and Finland, what do you Swedes think about your King/monarchy. Would you rather be like Finland? Do any Finns want a King (I don't expect you do)?

I have wondered this for a while.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ Aug. 02 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can we continue talking about good war movies?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, of course. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do any Finns want a King (I don't expect you do)?<span id='postcolor'>

Personally I don't want Finland to have a King. (unless it's going to be me tounge.gifwink.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Aug. 02 2002,15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do any Finns want a King (I don't expect you do)?<span id='postcolor'>

Personally I don't want Finland to have a King. (unless it's going to be me tounge.gifwink.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

Is there anyone suitable? France could find someone, there are Stuarts and Bonaparts and many others knocking around, but is there for Finland? Or is the Swedish Royal family the only choice?

I'm not really interested in a Monarchy vs Republic debate, I just want to know you Swede's and Finnis attitudes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there anyone suitable? France could find someone, there are Stuarts and Bonaparts and many others knocking around<span id='postcolor'>

bbaaaaaaahhhh we didn't decapitate some "royals" only to get back to them after , fuck them

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 02 2002,15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there anyone suitable? France could find someone, there are Stuarts and Bonaparts and many others knocking around<span id='postcolor'>

bbaaaaaaahhhh we didn't decapitate some "royals" only to get back to them after , fuck them<span id='postcolor'>

Well you did actually.

But I was asking about Sweden.

I don't post here much but because im a finn, now i have to! wink.gif

As for Finland being part of Sweden.... Muahahahhhhahaha!!

ok ok you can have Ahvenanmaa... biggrin.gif

And sorry Denoir we have put our MiGs to the scrapyard, we got F-18s now, Hawks and Drakens... or have we scrapped Drakens too... don't know...

Yeah Gripens were and are a total Flop but Drakens were great Interceptors at their time. And R. Gerschwarzenge

Gripens dont take off vertically... but sure as hell land that way!

biggrin.gif

And what goes for winter war(and the whole ww2 for us)... I think losing only 10% of our land and maintaining our Independence to a force four times larger than ours IS a victory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eza @ Aug. 02 2002,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And sorry Denoir we have put our MiGs to the scrapyard, we got F-18s now, Hawks and Drakens... or have we scrapped Drakens too... don't know...<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh.. Sorry, I forgot that you switched from using Soviet obsolete technology to usíng American obsolete technology wink.gif

We can talk when you produce an fighter of your own biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah Gripens were and are a total Flop but Drakens were great Interceptors at their time. And R. Gerschwarzenge

Gripens dont take off vertically... but sure as hell land that way! <span id='postcolor'>

Gripen has had two crashes total during its test period(same pilot, believe it or not! ) which is nothing compared to for instance the F-16 who was responsible for killing > 20 pilots during its test. Gripen is actually a very good aircaft. It slightly outperforms the Eurofighter and is slightly cheaper too. Otherwise they are very similar.

Perhaps we will see an Jas 39 Gripen addon for OFP, since the Czech Republic has recently chosen to have it as its primary aircraft. smile.gif

For you who don't know what JAS is here are some pictures:

saab-jas39-gripen-05.jpg

mapjas15.jpg

JAS-39_10.jpg

jas08.jpg

And the Finns are a little bit pissed since they couldn't afford it so they went with the cheap used f-18 they could buy from the Americans smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what goes for winter war(and the whole ww2 for us)... I think losing only 10% of our land and maintaining our Independence to a force four times larger than ours IS a victory.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, whatever makes you sleep better at night. smile.gif

Paratrooper:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

As you're talking about Sweden and Finland, what do you Swedes think about your King/monarchy. Would you rather be like Finland? Do any Finns want a King (I don't expect you do)?

I have wondered this for a while.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think that the Royal family is good for Sweden as a PR-stunt. They do a good work representing Sweden abroad. So I'm all for keeping them around. smile.gif

I don't think you'll find much to support it outperforming Eurofighter, but it is clearly a first rate plane. Cheap too (comparitably), which is also good. It will mop-up the market around Eurofighter. You can't say the Grippen is a bad plane!

Im frequntly amazed at the blinding lack of good European forces for Flashpoint. Sweden? Britain? Germany and France have a bit but not much...

Yet we have Libyans, Finns (which I love btw, great realistic ish opponent for Russia) Iraqis, untold american units and many others.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im frequntly amazed at the blinding lack of good European forces for Flashpoint. Sweden? Britain? Germany and France have a bit but not much...<span id='postcolor'>

Too Large Image 1

3-picture2.gif

-edit- i've just noticed that those gifs are bigass and taht i should have used jpg format

edit: Then you should have made it into a hot link then!

I have those, thats what I was refering to as "a bit".

ran, do you know when Lost Brothers will give us the FAMAS v2.00?