Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Fn-fal & g3 units

I made my first completed "addon"!  smile.gif

Well, not much of an addon, it simply adds two units to the mission editor:

Soldier (FNFAL)

Soldier (G3)

Both under Units>West>Men

Both guns are already in Resistance, but there were no units assigned to them. Instead of manually adding the weapons to a soldier, you can use these two units.  smile.gif

Click here to download!

To download right click the link and select 'save target as'...anyone want to host this for me, or suggest where I can upload it to for easier public access?

nice one Maj Fubar, gonna save me alot of time faffing about in the init...thanks smile.gif

Thanks...just remember, if you are going to use it in multiplayer maps, all players will need the addon installed (but since it's only 2kb, that shouldn't be a problem).

Hey fubar. How about some screens.

Anyway since DKM has no plans on releasing my FAL I can send you everything I have on it if you wish. I have Layered images for the skins. I can even send you photos of my stg58 if you wish. Anyway I love the FAL and am quite dissapointed that mine wont be making it in game. So if you can benefit from anything I have be shure to let me know.

Or if your interested in helping me finish the rifle or variants of it. That would be cool to.

Here lemme give ya a screen of what I got.

falskin.jpg

Oh it appears I over looked the fact that you did not use new models. Which means you would probably have no use for my stuff sad.gif

anyway anyone wanna volunteer in helping me finish this thing? I can do para models, Or some with a trilux, or whatever. So anyone willing to help will be well... helpfull.

Keep in mind I dont have oxy.

Hey,

could you make a unit M21 & Berreta 92f

and FN-Fal with Berreta 92f

plz?

Thx  smile.gif

PS: On a Black Op unit, Thx smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FN FAL (Belgium)

Caliber : 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51)

Action: Gas operated, tilting breechblock, select-fire or semi-auto only

Length: 1100mm

Barrel length: 533mm

Weight loaded: 5.06kg

Magazine capacity: 20 rds

rate of fire: 650-700 rds/min

One of the most wide used battle rifles of the XX century (adopted in more that 70 countries, including Britain (L1), Australia (L1), Germany (G2, replaced by G3), Turkey etc.). First adopted in Belgium in 1953. Due to heavy recoil in full-auto mode, often was issued in semi-auto.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------

Heckler&Koch G3 (Germany)

Caliber: 7.62mm NATO (.308 win)

Action: Roller-delayed blowback

Weight: 4.5kg

Overall length: 1023mm

Barrel length: 450mm

Muzzle velocity: 800m/s

Muzzle energy: 3975J

Magazine capacity: 20rds

This rifle starts its genealogy in Stgw.45, designed in Germany in the end of WW2. This design with roller-delayed blowback automatics was further improved in Spain by CETME company and then become a "visit card" of a combat rifles by H&K for many years. G3 was adopted in 1957 as a replacement for FN FALs, served in Bundeswehr under designation G2. Still in service in many armies, including Germany, Turkey and others - total more than 20 countries.<span id='postcolor'>

Think Norway as well.

One of my university buddies from Norway, during his required 1 year of service, fired the G3 or numerous occasions. Said it kicked like a mule, hehe.

Norway, Pakistan, Denmark (not many, almost totally replaced by the C7 and C8), Germany had it (replaced by G36)... well, damn i cant remember more atm...

I think Canada used the FN Fal before the C7... it was called the C1 rifle, and was complemented by the strangely named C1 submachine gun... I'm not up on my CF historical weapons though, so I only have third party, non official evidence of this.

mmm... looking for the FN Mag some more...

Sweden uses the G3 to.. Nowdays only a few Army units.. but the whole Home defence force is armed with it..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mmm... looking for the FN Mag some more... <span id='postcolor'>

It is in the US MG pack as the m240.. (not to be confused with the FN Minimi M249)

I believe many African nations still use the FN-Fal, especially those that had been western equipped....

in 2000 the British Government gave 2520 L1A1 SLR rifles and 1.91 million rounds of 7.62 ammunition to the Sierra Leone army. makes you wonder how many they have left sitting in warehouses doesn't it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think Canada used the FN Fal before the C7... it was called the C1 rifle, and was complemented by the strangely named C1 submachine gun... I'm not up on my CF historical weapons though, so I only have third party, non official evidence of this.

mmm... looking for the FN Mag some more... <span id='postcolor'>

Nuddicrous, are you actually a member of the Brockville Rifles?, just curious.

Don't worry, you're right about the C1. The C1 rifle was an FN-FAL. The Section support weapon of that time was the C2. It was a modified FN-FAL with a 40 round mag, a bi-pod, and it could be fired on full auto.

The Canadian Army uses the 'C' designation for just about every piece of kit. There is a C1 rifle, a C1 Leopard MBT, a C1 Howitzer, and even a C1 gas canister, which has been replaced by the C7 gas canister. Strange isn't it?  tounge.gif

As far as Canadian small arms go:

C1: FN-FAL

C2: FN-FAL (MG)

C3: Parker-Hale Sniper Rifle

C4: ?

C5: Browning .30 Cal MG

C6: FN-MAG

C7(A1): M-16 Variant

C8: M4 Variant

C9(A1): FN-Minimi

I honestly don't know what the C4 is, I beleive it was another SMG but I can't be to sure. I will find out soon though. In the Quartermaster building at my Regiment, there is a colour poster of just about all of Canada's small arms still in use, and from the past 100 years, I'll have a look.

Anyways, thanks for the units Fubar, I will definately save some hastle when I'm in the editor from now on.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nuddicrous, are you actually a member of the Brockville Rifles?, just curious.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think I might still be on their books as a member of the supplementary reserve, but I was only a full member for a short time. Training was certainly an experience that I will never forget, but the notion of filling sandbags and directing traffic as a part time job didn't appeal to me, and still doesn't. When a real war breaks out, with all the lovely declarations thereof, I'll be the first person in line for fighting. Until then, I'll just contemplate re-upping with that computer programmer/systems analyst signing bonus of $10,000 that's in place. I love the CF's strange recruitment tactics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The C1 rifle was an FN-FAL. The Section support weapon of that time was the C2. It was a modified FN-FAL with a 40 round mag, a bi-pod, and it could be fired on full auto.<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent... if I make an early 80's version of my canadian soldiers, I will surely include these classic weapons. Actually... that sounds like a nifty idea... it would be nice to be able to incorporate existing addons that no longer have relevance to the CF, like the F-104, the F-5, the FN FAL weapons and such.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I honestly don't know what the C4 is, I beleive it was another SMG but I can't be to sure.<span id='postcolor'>

You're probably right in your educated guesswork. I seem to remember something of the sort mentioned in my early training. One of the master corporals who trained us was of the hard core variety, and brandished different CF weapons on a regular basis. Mind you I never saw said smg, or any smg for that matter during my interval.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and even a C1 gas canister, which has been replaced by the C7 gas canister. Strange isn't it?<span id='postcolor'>

I can't remember which one we were lucky enough to have thrown in our direction... probably the C1 considering that we were using dated equipment at the time (1999). Hmmm... I wonder if it's possible to emulate a gas attack by fooling with the existing grenade's values and perhaps adding lines to scripts. Oh my... Gas Gas Gas! *puts on gas mask and realizes it isn't sealed properly*

Memories... *sigh*

Hey, don't forget that FAL was known as the Kalashinkov of free world...I guess that AK47, early G3s and FAL are the most common rifles among all kind of guerillas around the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, don't forget that FAL was known as the Kalashinkov of free world<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, with the exception that the FN was WAY more powerful than the AK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Training was certainly an experience that I will never forget, but the notion of filling sandbags and directing traffic <span id='postcolor'>

Directing traffic? What was your M.O.C.?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One of the master corporals who trained us was of the hard core variety, and brandished different CF weapons on a regular basis.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, there are one or two of those types in every unit. They can make good course instructors though. My instructor was an Airborne MCpl with the Q.O.R. He knew what we needed to know, so when he was teaching, he would cut out all the B.S. and let us get to the more interesting stuff. I will never forget the time he threw my barracks box across the room because the combo lock was on '1' and not '0'.

Did you train in Meaford?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">probably the C1 considering that we were using dated equipment at the time (1999)<span id='postcolor'>

Black=C1

Green=C7

HTH

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, there are one or two of those types in every unit. They can make good course instructors though. My instructor was an Airborne MCpl with the Q.O.R. He knew what we needed to know, so when he was teaching, he would cut out all the B.S. and let us get to the more interesting stuff. I will never forget the time he threw my barracks box across the room because the combo lock was on '1' and not '0'.

<span id='postcolor'>

What rank are you Can? I wouldn't accept that from a Corp!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What rank are you Can? I wouldn't accept that from a Corp!<span id='postcolor'>

I'm a private. Besides, I was on course at the time, and he wasn't a Corporal, he was a Master Corporal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 06 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What rank are you Can? I wouldn't accept that from a Corp!<span id='postcolor'>

I'm a private. Besides, I was on course at the time, and he wasn't a Corporal, he was a Master Corporal.<span id='postcolor'>

I see. What do you do? If you don't mind my asking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see. What do you do? If you don't mind my asking.<span id='postcolor'>

Check my profile. smile.gif

If you are reffering to my army job, I am an infanteer.