Sign in to follow this  
Xi0s

Warhammer 40k Total Conversion mod for ARMA 3

There actually is/was a 40K mod for Operation Flashpoint (arma 0) but they never ported it because they hate arma or something like that.

They mainly used DoW assets.

• Like 1

One of my devs measured the size of every single part of the 40k imperial vehicles with micrometres and used prodesktop CAD/Cam software then exported to 3dsmax for further work. The main problem with 40k vehicle models is they do not realistically take into account the proper pivoting on the weapons. The lasgun ports on the chimera for instance do not aim down properly. Or the baneblades twin heavy bolters are not designed to aim up upwards either.

Lionheart;2443213']One of my devs measured the size of every single part of the 40k imperial vehicles with micrometres and used prodesktop CAD/Cam software then exported to 3dsmax for further work. The main problem with 40k vehicle models is they do not realistically take into account the proper pivoting on the weapons. The lasgun ports on the chimera for instance do not aim down properly. Or the baneblades twin heavy bolters are not designed to aim up upwards either.

Or the transports only being big enough for maybe 4-6 models.. :P It's hard to properly transfer them straight from the models to 'realistic' proportions, simply because the models are just that- static representations on a tabletop designed with a tabletop game in mind. In reality, all vehicles would be bigger in some ways and smaller in others, to make the less model-y and more RAWR 40K. The Firestorm over Kronos/ Kaurava mod resized them pretty well, imo.

Or the transports only being big enough for maybe 4-6 models.. :P It's hard to properly transfer them straight from the models to 'realistic' proportions, simply because the models are just that- static representations on a tabletop designed with a tabletop game in mind. In reality, all vehicles would be bigger in some ways and smaller in others, to make the less model-y and more RAWR 40K. The Firestorm over Kronos/ Kaurava mod resized them pretty well, imo.

That's what i talked about... if you take the dimensions mentioned in the Forgeworld books (Rhino l/h/w = 6,60m/3,60m/4,50m) then it fits well enough. That's not really a problem. Only real problem is the calibres that you have size down, by alot (or increase barrel thickness artificially) and the weapon pivots - although if you make calibre smaller there is enough place for pivoting correctly.

Edited by Fennek

Weapons like vehicle-mounted bolters should all be resized to it's correct size, irrelevant to the vehicles own size.

Unless the vehicle is supposed to be equipped with a larger caliber one.

Ahhh SpaceHulk ... I remember it well.

I would vote for this as a starting ground. Squad based tactics first before all out war.

And that OpFP WH40K looks awesome.

Hallo, whats the status here? That would be amazing in ArmA III.

Any new information?

Greets

best of luck with the mod, i'm a huge fan of 40K. working on a mod for it myself(though not for arma) so i hope this makes it far.

Edited by Chompster

this is really cool. pm me if you need some help with models, particularity on static models for the maps etc.

Ehhh...? This one is on the same page: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159885-Warhammer-40-000-Arma-3-Conversion-Mod

Maybe you should get in contact...

EDIT: And here is another one. Although in the first link they say they are from the OFPWH40K mod, on the OFPWH40K board they say the wont do anything for ArmA III because "of Steam".

I think there are some major communication issues. http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/forum/1705881/

That wasn't posted by anyone from the OfpWh40k site.

And it did cause a little confusion. :)

Edited by Maczer

Very interested in the project. I'd love to help but unfortunately, I don't have the developer skillset to assist.

I don't have the developer skillset to assist.

Ah come on. The only 'skill' you really need is time.

And if you have time to play, you have time to mod.

'I don't have the skills' usually just means 'I don't want to'.

Really.

But on topic: Would be great if this actually sees a release some day :)

Cheers,

D.

Well I have offered to help with this mod.. I do have experience with Modding/developing and also have a degree in it. I'm currently an Environmental Artist that is willing to help out if you guys still need it. Also I do have some Warhammer 40k buildings I am building at the moment... If you would like some let me know and I'll get them game ready.

Hi im 3d artist in a full conversation mod for Dawn Of war 2 and i made plently of models for oure mod and if ur interistet im ready share the stuff i made with you guys if u want it add me at steam "lupusxiii" or "<<|EKvH|>> Canis Lupus" i have 3 years experience with 3ds max and would also do some stuff needed for ur mod

greetings Lupus

I offer up my help testing. I had the original ofp 40k mod and played the crap out of it and remember it well. I also have a good size BlackLegion chaos army so I also know my 40k.

I really hope you get a good team together, good luck.

• Like 1

How's this mod going?

Hey Snow,

Check out rule nr. 10:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, Private Message the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

I am sure the mod author will post more news when available. A good way to keep track of potential updates is to subscribe to the thread ( if you haven't already) :)

Just want to poke inside this thread, I guess its dead long time ago.
But I like the idea.

Specially when there is a game out there on steam called  Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.

Would be nice with some kind of " Planetside" Warhammer game play mod in Arma 3.

maby some other moders will use this idea and start this A3 mod?

Chaos Undivided MUST be in this, throw in Ezekyle Abaddon, Horus Lupercal, Fabius Bile, I want this mod!

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!

I think if there was genuine interest it would've been picked up by now. Maybe they got tired of it. Perhaps there wasn't enough people working on it.  Any number of reasons.

The likeliest way to see something we really want is to try to make it happen ourselves. Waiting on someone else to get it done rarely works out. Not what most folks want to hear. But it's the truth. :)

Maybe they got tired of it.

It doesnt look like they even started. I may be totally wrong, but considering that they havent replied to PMs and genuine help offers of real modders quite soon after thread start, that's the only conclusion i can draw. Its often the nature of such impulsive "hey lets make a total conversion"  ... many people having many ideas, producing hot air and talking the talk. Nobody is willing to walk the walk when it comes to it, because they soon realize that it will take years to make.

On 6.12.2016 at 9:58 AM, Caluu66x said:

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!

Yes, because demanding has always gotten people very far in this community. 

Especially in this way... if i had something that i would like to share, statements like "make this shit happen" would actually discourage me from posting - i'm not the servant.

The likeliest way to see something we really want is to try to make it happen ourselves. Waiting on someone else to get it done rarely works out. Not what most folks want to hear. But it's the truth. :)

QFT