Sign in to follow this  
TSgtL

Arma 2 Civil Air Patrol(Search and Rescue) Server Help

Guys,

From the minute I started everything has gone wrong. My server will not work. It keeps saying waiting for host. What can I do to fix it? Also can anyone make an elt and possibly an L-per. An elt goes off if an airplane either has a hard landing or crashes. Would it be possible to make one that you could only hear with an ace radio? I am in the Civil Air Patrol. We are a non- profit agency that deals with search and rescue.

sincerely,

Austin

'Wait for host' is a message which appears when no mission is loaded, or a mission is unable to be loaded due to missing content required by the mission. Use '/' to bring up the input box, here you can enter commands with a '#' prefix.

To load a mission, use '#login server_password followed by '#missions'. Alternatively, you can access the multiplayer control dialog with 'Ctrl + P'. When entering your password, be sure to include the hash symbol to prevent your message from being sent to the entire server. Note that it will still display as a message when the symbol is included, however only you will be able to see it.

As for your request for additional sounds, you can make a request here however I doubt that many people will be starting new Arma 2 projects. With the ACE mod, aircraft alarms do sound in all aircraft when severe damage has been done, this may be something that interests you.

Are you a cadet or senior member? Either way I would be careful with using the CAP label for your server as CAP would not officially endorse it. 2nd CAP is considered a US Air Force Aux and as such cannot use ArmA2 in such a training manner due to licensing. You would need to go with VBS2.

Is the Air Force going to provide the license which is very expensive. We are non- profit, volunteer organization. None of us are able to afford such an expensive game and all of the other dlcs they charge lots of money for. Alderman, could your organization provide the VBS2 license and the customization needed? If so my squadron would love it. I however cannot afford to buy such expensive licenses. I will remove the cap label if needed.

Edited by TSgtL

We don't have a VBS2 license if you are talking about Military Gaming. MilGO is a non-profit organization that is not in anyway affiliated with any part of the government or Department of Defense agency/section. However Civil Air Patrol is a Auxiliary of the US Air Force that is also charted by the United States Congress, that's the difference. Training using the game would clearly be covering missions that are sanctioned and funded by the United States Air Force. I know this because I am a senior in CAP as well.

The Air Force I don't believe has such a license so I don't know what to tell you. Someone much higher than the level of a cadet in CAP (maybe even National HQ) could see if Bohemia would make an exception to their EULA and allow the use of ArmA2/OA for official Civil Air Patrol training. What I mentioned earlier is what causes the violation of the EULA due to CAP's US military and government charted status.

If I take CAP out of the name could we still use it?

If I take CAP out of the name could we still use it?

No, the name of a server is a separate issue and irrelevant to CAP using ArmA2 software for training etc.

The separate issue is you can't be applying their name on the server for reasons of trademark and implying that CAP and the US Air Force endorse such a server. Especially as a cadet member of CAP. Have National HQ contact Bohemia and see about special exemption from their EULA perhaps?

Though in my opinion CAP could really use VPS2 for training for seniors IMHO, and it could be used for cadet aerospace education. So I think this is something that could get brought up with National HQ and see if they can get a dialog with Bohemia. I could see Bohemia offering either that exemption of the EULA for ArmA2 or a very fair rate for VBS2 just given CAP's unique situation of doing domestic search and rescue for the US Air Force and other civilian agencies as well as technically being a non-profit 501©3.

Edited by Alderman