Sign in to follow this  
Phal

[COOP 6-12] When Civillians! Series

NOTE: Best played on Stable branch, using Dev build you will encounter bugs.

This was originally a fun/silly series of missions that I made to be played with a small group of friends, but I thought other people may learn from and enjoy these so I decided to release them.

68vDA5e.jpg

When Civillians! Series

by

Phalanx

Description:

A series of missions that form a story arc for a fictional group of soldiers called the Civillian Army, or CIVA for short.

Features:

• Support for 6-12 players
  • Completely random gear each playthrough.

- Weapons

- Hats

- Eyewear

- Armour

- Clothes

- Items

- Grenades

- Attachments

• Mission parameters - Play missions at night instead of day
  • Increase/lower the difficulty by giving yourself less/more time for objectives
  • Editor placed buildings
  • Urban Patrol Script
  • FHQ TaskTracker
  • Statistical-Based Visualizations (Simplified)
  • Custom music

Mission Content:

The missions are chapters in the story, in order they are:

When Civillians: Clear! CO 08: A tense locate & destroy mission in foggy Agia Marina, clear the fog so reinforcements can arrive.

When Civillians: Attack! CO 12: A simple attack Agia Marina mission with additional side objectives (randomly picked at mission start).

When Civillians: Defend! CO 12: A simple defend Girna mission, repel OPFOR attackers. Respawn enabled.

When Civillians: Infiltrate! CO 06: Steal a supply helicopter at Mike-26, load it with supplies from Kamino Firing Range and deliver them to Pythos island.

When Civillians: Rescue!* CO 12: Race against OPFOR to save CIVA Generals in Tsoukalia.

When Civillians: Escape!* CO 08: Fix a helicopter at The Spartan and get off Stratis before the island is destroyed.

Note: Missions with * require at least 2 players to be played properly.

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.

Credits & thanks:

More detailed credits are in each mission file.

Hawk_Silk - Original mission idea "When Civillians: Attack"

Kronzky - Urban Patrol Script

Varanon - FHQ TaskTracker

Zooloo75 / Stealthstick - Statistical-Based Visualizations

Raaban - Editor Update

Dren - Editor Upgrade

BIS Forums - Scripting help

& Thanks to all the playtesters, you know who you are!

Download:

--- Armaholic ---

This is my first upload, feedback appreciated.

Edited by Phal

I played through some of these missions tonight and I have to say that they are awesome. They are very fun missions to play. Keep up the great work!

It's pretty neat. Small bug though. The .45 pistol spawns with 9mm ammo so you're out of luck if that's all you spawn with. A quick restart works though.

During the defend mission, the OPFOR never attack. It doesn't matter what preparation time is selected, the OPFOR never show up. Any fixes?

I played through some of these missions tonight and I have to say that they are awesome. They are very fun missions to play. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, glad you like them.

During the defend mission, the OPFOR never attack. It doesn't matter what preparation time is selected, the OPFOR never show up. Any fixes?

Not sure what's going on there. I've just tried Defend on all but the easiest difficulty, and after Phase 1 is complete (when the given preparation time has passed) OPFOR begin to show up.

Do you get any script errors? Are you running on dev? Best I could suggest is redownload via Armaholic to make sure you've got the latest version, and report back if you see "Phase 1 completed" during your next playtest.

It's pretty neat. Small bug though. The .45 pistol spawns with 9mm ammo so you're out of luck if that's all you spawn with. A quick restart works though.

That's because you're playing on dev. On stable the ACP-C2 and Vermin both use 9mm. Once the Stable branch receives the next patch I'll update my missions in line with the changelog.

Thanks for the update, Phal! Defend is still broken for me though after this update.

Not sure what's going on there. I've just tried Defend on all but the easiest difficulty, and after Phase 1 is complete (when the given preparation time has passed) OPFOR begin to show up.

Do you get any script errors? Are you running on dev? Best I could suggest is redownload via Armaholic to make sure you've got the latest version, and report back if you see "Phase 1 completed" during your next playtest.

I am playing on the latest dev build and I do get script errors. One script error was in the init.sqf and detailed something about CIVA. I wish I could get more information for you on that script error but that's all I could remember. Another script error that I get when Phase 1 is complete is an init_kron_trig script error. Out of maybe five different tries to get the OPFOR to show up, I think it was happen chance where it worked once because we were all shooting into the air and two squads of OPFOR came over the hill. I still got a script error though.

I am running two mods that MIGHT be affecting it. CBA3 and MCC3 Sandbox. I tried disabling them both but the mission was still broken, so I am not entirely sure.

Edited by Kilo1-1

Ok well I can't guarantee my missions' functionality on dev, due to the nature of the branch itself (rapid iterations etc.). But from my testing on the latest stable 0.70 something something, Defend works just fine. I won't attempt to fix it on dev as bugs are just going to be a thing no matter what I try; each dev patch potentially breaks or has some sort of impact on various aspects of a mission, and fixing those issues so it works on dev would mean issues on stable, and I don't fancy having two versions running parallel.. But I will take another look and see if I can't replicate the issue on stable.

Phal

I'm running the latest Stable Build (0.72) and it works fine for me, tried it a couple times and both times OpFor showed up pretty quickly after I got the First Phase completed msg. Also, played this one online a lot and there has never been a problem with OpFor not showing during the sessions I was a part of. If you've already tried it after disabling your mods, I'd try redownloading?

Edit: Ah, your running it in dev that may well be the problem - I've never had a problem with it in Dev but haven't played it with the latest couple builds (at least), I only reverted to stable last night, so it's working fine with the latest stable build if that's an option for you?

Edited by jRides

Ok well I can't guarantee my missions' functionality on dev, due to the nature of the branch itself (rapid iterations etc.). But from my testing on the latest stable 0.70 something something, Defend works just fine. I won't attempt to fix it on dev as bugs are just going to be a thing no matter what I try; each dev patch potentially breaks or has some sort of impact on various aspects of a mission, and fixing those issues so it works on dev would mean issues on stable, and I don't fancy having two versions running parallel.. But I will take another look and see if I can't replicate the issue on stable.

Phal

If it is in fact the dev build that broken the mission, it still is going to be broken when the official patch comes out tomorrow. It would make sense to fix dev build issues when they pop up because those issues are going to be apparent when the official patch gets released. For example, just look at all the missions/mods that had to be reconfigured when the beta changed classnames. Those mission makers/modders who had dev build support were ahead of the game and didn't have to do anything when the patch released, compared to those who didn't offer dev build support and were stuck with broken missions/mods when the beta came out.

When a stable build comes out I know that any errors that crop up with the release are going to be around for at least 2 weeks, whereas with Dev build different errors crop up everyday, some that aren't the fault of mission makers and some that get patched out the following day. Keeping my missions compatible with the Stable builds, as and when they come out, seems the most sensible choice to me. Besides, developing for an unfinished game is risky business - The general disclaimer is: Expect problems..

Anyway.. I just played WC: Defend on latest Stable patch and OPFOR came within expected timeframe. Is it still broken for you? The only other thing I can think of is if you're playing on a Dedicated server, but I'd be disappointed if that was the reason why it wasn't working!

As for the script errors about KRON_trig yada yada, it seems to be to do with FQH Task Tracker. I've asked a question about it over in Varanon's thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151680-FHQ-TaskTracker/page18

So hopefully I can get that sorted soon.

P.S. If you're getting an error about CIVA from init.sqf, you're likely not slotting in the 'MUST BE SLOTTED' slot when starting the mission, or you haven't restarted the mission properly. Make sure you have either a player or AI slotted in there when you play, and let me know if you see the error again.

*Edit:* Seems the error may be from UPS, not FHQTT.

*Edit2:* It was UPS, the error should be gone in the next update.

Edited by Phal

Hi, I've tried your missions and I quite like them. Quick, simple, well executed, nice ideas. I've got one question regarding the When Civilians Clear mission though:

Are the explosives spawned randomly? I found the trucks by the pier, but there were no explosives inside. The mission description says in such cases I should look for explosives in the "military base", but I'm not sure which one. The one with the shooting range in the same town?

Hi, I've tried your missions and I quite like them. Quick, simple, well executed, nice ideas. I've got one question regarding the When Civilians Clear mission though:

Are the explosives spawned randomly? I found the trucks by the pier, but there were no explosives inside. The mission description says in such cases I should look for explosives in the "military base", but I'm not sure which one. The one with the shooting range in the same town?

Hi mega karaczan, glad you like the missions. Yeah there's a chance that the explosives will be by the pier where you find the trucks. If they're not at the trucks, you'll have to try the military compound to the east of Agia Marina (it's right on the edge of town), there you can find a whole heap of munitions. I'll make it clearer in the next update!

Phal