Sign in to follow this  
doveman

Why is my head so woobly?

I've found that when I'm standing still my head bobs around all over the place, as if I was on a boat, which makes it rather hard to read a board in front of me and is quite annoying.

Is there a way to stop this?

The camera moves with the head. But yes, you can choose how much you want of this. It's under Game options as Head Bob

Ah, thanks, I'll try turning that down.

Well I checked and Head Bob is on 0.

This is what I'm experiencing. I wasn't touching any controls during this (other than enter to switch first-person/third-person)

Edited by doveman

It's thanks to idle animations, I guess. It won't happen when you're holding a weapon.

Yes, very dumb (and annoying). Thanks for the tip that I need to hold a weapon to stop them PMartin.

I like them.

They look awful in third-person. If you move while doing one of them it aborts instantly causing a massive animation cut.

They look awful in third-person. If you move while doing one of them it aborts instantly causing a massive animation cut.

Animation cuts abound ARMA3.

ARMA has a bad animation system? This is news to me!

I wouldn't even say the animation system in A3 is bad, just that it's inconvenient to have my character bobbing about at idle.

Perhaps a reasonable compromise would be to have only AI characters do the idle animations, or for them to cancel on the players character when he moves at all, including with freelook and then locks the animations out for say 30s (with the timer reset on any further movement), which would allow players to focus on stuff.