Sign in to follow this  
hellR1de

Patch 1.6.0004 Impressions

Nice surprise I just got this morning! My Steam version of the game got updated to 1.6.0004. I'm eager to put this one to the test. :cool:

The first thing that struck me, is that Walrus AI definitely seems to be better. Well, I haven't played long with it but so far, they're following pretty smoothly. As for the lighting issue, I can't tell yet, because I'm currently in the campaign, at one of those snowy islands. Thus, not very sunny...

Well, good work BI. Thanks a bunch for the continuing support! :)

Edited by hellR1de

I can see again! Good work, thanks for fixing the lighting problem and the other things.

I can see again! Good work, thanks for fixing the lighting problem and the other things.

Thank **** for this fix. The lighting bug alone, stopped play for me. Very strange how this is not mentioned in the changelog.

Facing up against laser and quad equipped walruses in the campaign now - and I'm only at Nemesis! Great stuff!

Is it at all possible to somehow play a game starting at low tech, were the enemy carrier starts of with the same low tech and does not have advantages such as higher speed?

In other words, is it possible to start a game that starts of fair and equal.

The game is designed so that the enemy carrier has an advantage from the start.

If its possible t change this I wold look/ask for, or if you can create, a mod that changes this.

I dont think the devs will change this in any way.

same here. No lighting issue so far. Really nice.

I noticed today that one of each of the manta and walrus production facilities have also been removed from the "pit" area on Fulcrum.

I was preoccupied that I change from V1.04 to V1.06 but on the Whole I am impressed. The devs-team recovered very good from V1.05 with bugs, to a very good V1.06. Because of the bugs in V1.5, i remained on V1.4. Then I patched to V1.6. (without steam). I played a strategy game from begin to the end in one day. It was a really long game. No glitches except two crashes towards the end of the game (the last two islands before winning), but the Autosave-option, saved the day. in short the V1.6, I like it. The AI, is well as we all know it, (smile). Hooray to the devs-team. Well done again. The sound problem in the first scene (drop into the atmosphere), is gone, in the campaign. Thank you for that, too.

you got 2 crashes and not gave us the dumps ? oh noes :confused: whyyyy

Edit: Never mind, I just saw you said NOT gave us the dumps, that's funny.

LOL, I couldn't. 2 crashes, after more than 8 hours. Are just natural, for a Windows game. Not to mention for a Amiga game (in earlier days). You just need some crashes during a game. Even when you play solitaire. :-P

Edited by Antares
grammar