Sign in to follow this  
AlienXXI

G35 sound settings for Arma 3

Can someone suggest me some sound settings to make Arma 3 sound much better with my G35 headsets?

Settings - On a pair of G35s? :confused:

You've only got a basic equalizer to fiddle with and that's it - there's not a whole lot you can do with that (or should)

G35's -- flick the 3D sound switch on your left side on and off while in game. Ta-da. :D No really, not a lot to change imho.

did you use the CD that came with the headset, or the online logitech gaming center (for all the keyboards and mice etc) installer?

cos if your used the online manager, the G35 drivers are screwed. you need to replace the drivers with the CD ones, or find the FTP server logitech has hidden with it on them (the forum mods used to link to it)

did you use the CD that came with the headset, or the online logitech gaming center (for all the keyboards and mice etc) installer?

cos if your used the online manager, the G35 drivers are screwed. you need to replace the drivers with the CD ones, or find the FTP server logitech has hidden with it on them (the forum mods used to link to it)

Wut? The latest LGS works just fine.

Wut? The latest LGS works just fine.

they fixed it?

it used to be nearly 50% quiter (and the balance was wrecked) compared to the drivers from the disk. maybe when they release the new headsets (those new blue ones) they upgraded the balance

they fixed it?

it used to be nearly 50% quiter (and the balance was wrecked) compared to the drivers from the disk. maybe when they release the new headsets (those new blue ones) they upgraded the balance

I wasn't aware anything needed fixing - My G35s have never had issues with being quiet. Quite the contrary, I can never turn them down completely - Most of the time they are at 2-10 sound volume level (in Windows) for my regular playing.

My sound are very wierd now with my G35 Logitec. I cant hear from where enemy are shooting. Its very disorientating left & right sound suddenly jumps to middel and some times left and right sounds like the change side.

Its all very confusing a messed up.

My cheap 3 $ headset have better sound then this in Arma 3. This upset me very much.

Can I add A3 to headset setup or what?

Logitech headsets have had many kind of problems over the years in this game. I'd guess their quality and software isn't the best. I remember some years ago that if I toggled off the virtual surround, the sounds came mostly from the other ear. Then the surround was just confusing.

Other thing that I remember that has been a problem is that the surround (not sure if it's both real and virtual) haven't been too well supported. Lot's of reports through the years that you can only hear with one ear etc. Can't say how it's now because I haven't tested it.

From what i heard is that 3d 5.1 / 7.1 Headsets are no joy in arma. Better buy a stereo headset.

To be honest surround headsets are not the best idea for gaming. In my experience, good stereo headphones without a mic are the best for music, games, movies. 2 big drivers are better than 5 or 7 tiny ones.

If you have open back headphones those sound even better but don't provide sound isolation.

I use V Moda M100 with Sony clip on microphone and really happy with them. They also have great soundstage, I can always tell where exactly sound is coming from even tho these are stereo closed back headphones.

XLPadsRestocked_zpsbf39f14a.jpg