djammed

How to remove animals

Dear Arma 3 community, I have a quick question. Can you remove animals especially snakes, they just freak me out a little and look quite artificial. Is there a script or setting I can use? Once, one even spawned right when the game started on my guy's face. This was very freaky. lol :( Thank you.

Edited by djammed

That's like asking to take away tall buildings because you have a fear of heights. But I'm sure someone will be able to help you, we do have a great modding/scripting community.

I'd like to know how to remove them as well. With performance being the issue that it is I don't see any reason we should be bothering to render the fauna or run its AI (no matter how simple). I like the roaming animals, but I think it would be better for servers to turn them off until performance smooths out some.

I remember reading somewhere that every bit of fauna, even bees, have their own simple AI and are fully rendered in the game-world as their own unit, shadows and all. That just seems like a waste of resources, at least right now.

They need to control populations of animals, snakes are everywhere and they are more square miles than any other animal. Or distribute the animals by region (human settlement: dogs; forests: snakes, rabbits, etc.) or in the future snakes are in the top food chain :)

I agree, they are a waste of resources. I spent some time thinking and found an idea: edit Stratis in the map editor. This is unfortunately would be a tedious task and might not help. Maybe somewhere in the code for Stratis, there is a class or something that contains snakes and other animals’ spawning. This would also be tedious and I don’t think Bohemia would be happy if we were to change up their files. Bohemia Interactive, if you're reading this, please add an option to remove animals in the next build. Make a section in the options menu called animals or ambient life where players can check mark which animals they want to have in the game and which they don’t. Please help.

I remember reading somewhere that every bit of fauna, even bees, have their own simple AI and are fully rendered in the game-world as their own unit, shadows and all. That just seems like a waste of resources, at least right now.

Bees and other small animals have almost fully randomized movement, there are just some borders (they don't fly too high, they don't fly under the ground, etc.) but I wouldn't call it AI.

Maybe somewhere in the code for Stratis, there is a class or something that contains snakes and other animals’ spawning. This would also be tedious and I don’t think Bohemia would be happy if we were to change up their files. Bohemia Interactive, if you're reading this, please add an option to remove animals in the next build. Make a section in the options menu called animals or ambient life where players can check mark which animals they want to have in the game and which they don’t.

If you would like to have any new feature in the game, then please create a ticket on Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com). Anyway, we don't mind if you want to create a mode which disables all animals or changes rules of creation. All this is set in addon Map_Stratis.pbo, file cfgAmbient.hpp. :)

This actually will probably work. I also think, in addition to this, I should also delete animals_f.pbo, animals_f.pbo.a3.bisign,and animals_f_beta.pbo.a3.bisign which are located in the addons folder. What do you think? For some reason I can't find the file when I access the Map_Stratis.pbo file in pbo manager. Please help. Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by djammed

Thanks, Dark. I definitely want to try this out and see if it helps performance. Could be it does nothing, but I figure it's worth a shot.

I can't seem to find cfgAmbient.hpp. Where is it. Please help. Thanks.

I can't seem to find cfgAmbient.hpp. Where is it. Please help. Thanks.

I'm very sorry for confusion. It is our internal file which is merged in config.bin.

You can see required variables via Config Viewer in the game (Editor > Config Viewer). Just look at configFile >> CfgWorlds >> Stratis >> AmbientA3. You should be able to rewrite these config values in your user-made addon. Variable maxCost determines how many ambient animals will be created on the map.

One of our programmers (George) fixed script command enableEnvironment yesterday. By that command you can switch off all ambient animals.

Is this normal. but it also switched off the sound of the wind etc.

One of our programmers (George) fixed script command enableEnvironment yesterday. By that command you can switch off all ambient animals.

Thank you, and be sure to pass it on to George, too. :)

Any results on the sound. Running the script in sqf which is basically just 2 lines per here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment from killzone kid. Arma 3 is throwing an error on the new alternative syntax saying specifically its expecting a bool not an array. So as far as I can tell the array alternative syntax is not working...You ask why does this matter, well believe it or not one of the dino mods has issues with the dinos attacking everything in their path, so they attack rabbits and snakes. They do so to the point where their threat level is severely diminished. Its funny how the mod ability of this game always has these weird unexpected things come up. But lets say that fix is in any way actually going to happen sometime the server benefits mentioned above should have some additional "good use", I bet the enable Enviorment is standard on take on mars thats what it feels like if you run the bool syntax so quiet.

Any results on the sound. Running the script in sqf which is basically just 2 lines per here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment from killzone kid. Arma 3 is throwing an error on the new alternative syntax saying specifically its expecting a bool not an array. So as far as I can tell the array alternative syntax is not working...You ask why does this matter, well believe it or not one of the dino mods has issues with the dinos attacking everything in their path, so they attack rabbits and snakes. They do so to the point where their threat level is severely diminished. Its funny how the mod ability of this game always has these weird unexpected things come up. But lets say that fix is in any way actually going to happen sometime the server benefits mentioned above should have some additional "good use", I bet the enable Enviorment is standard on take on mars thats what it feels like if you run the bool syntax so quiet.

enableEnvironment [false, true]; only work with 1.68 currently on (rc branch) .
Also work great . Tks bis

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Interesting, good timing to bring it up then i guess :smiley-biggrin: i was thinking this thread and topic was long since forgotten about all but 3.5 years ago. I guess ill wait for the release then. Thank you for the update @claws01.

How to remove an animal...

[] execVM  divorce.sqf/ex-wife.sqf (removal complete)

Just sayin..

Diesel

• Haha 1

How to remove animals only for me ? I can not edit pbo file, i need to extract it and convert to pbo again but it doesn't work. I can not edit it in game in config viewer. Any ideas ? 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEnvironment

This simple script command let's you disable animals, as written above. 

Everything else will require you to learn modding yourself. If you just want to extract pbos check out bankrev from the steam Arma 3 tools or download pbo manager. Just Google a bit.

I used Arma 3 tools, and pbo manager. Really, I want to increase numbers of animals on map. Will it works on servers ?