Sign in to follow this  
arremba san zorzo

PedagneMOD - Amphibious pack at 360°

Hi, after years of work, settings, configs, tons of bugs, falls and rises, now the first part of the "Progetto Flotta" it's released and we are proud to release it.

Precisely is an upgrade of whole PedagneMOD, particularly dedicated to the amphibious operations at 360°, over and under the sea, over the land, thorugh the air.

For more informations read the README file, it's very important to know the mod.

The Readme file is an excel file where you will find also the class name and display name of the whole units of the MOD (around 700 units - we don't belive to this number so high). If you want to help us, when you found a bug, you can write it in BUGs column and re-send to us.

Below links and images...enjoy (we hope)! Download all the files for a correct work of the mod.

Characters

Weapons

Wheeled vehicles

Tracked vehicles

Air vehicles

Navy

Show Missions

MOD folder

Readme file

---------- Post added 06-28-2013 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-27-2013 at 11:31 PM ----------

PICT_01mini.jpg

the LPD San Giusto with the sistem of pontoon that allow to landing to vehicles not amphibious

PICT_03mini.jpg

Inside of Hangar of San Giusto, with the non amphibious vehicles, ready to landing through the side door

PICT_09mini.jpg

RHIB used by Italian Navy Commando (GOI)

PICT_14mini.jpg

New model of soldier with new rifle ARX-160. On back you may see the new SuperAV amphibious

PICT_16mini.jpg

A close up of the new rifle ARX-160

PICT_17mini.jpg

Inside the rear hangar of San Giusto, with SuperAV ready to landing through the sea

PICT_24mini.jpg

Fore part of the fly deck of San Giusto

PICT_25mini.jpg

Side part of fly deck of San Giusto where you can see also the LCMs ready to splash down

PICT_27mini.jpg

Rear part of the fly deck of San Giusto

Edited by Arremba San Zorzo

Awesome work I have been following the thread for a while now, could you write up a list of units for each of the downloads?

cheers and thanks for release

Game crashed on load of the San Giusto show and new vehicles missions. Same happened with just @pedagneMod and @CBA installed. Seems to be related to ships. Now, is Mando Missiles always required with any ship? (or is it along the lines of Yura's Seahawk, where if you don't have MMA for the torpedoes, it's all good but you don't actually use them, obviously).

I was really excited to try the big ships and i can't :/

Also, was it meant to be run on 1.62+ (or beta), or was it tested on 1.60 (version i use).

EDIT:

Also, just to be sure and further error check:

Is there any other file need other than the ones mentioned here (say, the original modpack)?

Edited by Evil_Brownie

The CREDITS are wrote in the Readme file, but i repeat it, here:

GNAT that allow us to use his scripts for ships and submarine

GHENGO for the .max model of Submarine

ASPIDE for the great work on cargo drop for C130

all member of forums that have contributed

...and personally i want to say a big THANKS to others member that has worked to this release:

LUPO for his great, costantly work on better settings of the damned configs! Characters, weapons (weapons!), vehicles and groups!

MANKYLE for his great and patient work on ships. Thanks, although yesterday Spain has defeat Italy, another time :)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

@skeligandrew: for the correct working of the MOD, simply you must download all the files. If you want to know just the units, download just the readme file.

@Evil_Brownie: the crash may be due to the high number of vehicles, to the power of your PC. Have tried to delete some vehicle or, better, some soldier of Lagunari or San Marco that are ready to go into the choppers. Mando is required just if you want to use the torpedo of submarine. The game was tested with 1.60. The required addons OVER the all addons of PedagneMOD are just CBA and Mando, nothing others.

Thanks for upgrade + release! Italians units, vehicles and other stuff are a great addition to Armaverse - guess having them speak, swear and sing italian would be like the cherry on top of a delicious cake. Now I just tried those showcase missions and some error messages came up aswell as an performance drop = lag. Maybe you can just check and perhaps fix what makes troubles? There are also some error lines in the arma2oa.rpt written by just starting PedangeMod with official A2OA update/patch 1.62 + latest betabuild + @CBA_CO + @MMA. Hope that we will see now a bit more naval combat/warfare - ASZ_Pedange/Italian Navy could be now a major threat to all other ships and naval fleets. :)

Outstanding. I am really curious to see what all this stuff can do with the engine in arma3.

Did some further testing:

- Definitely isn't a problem with vehicle number, never has been an issue for me, all the showcase missions included work, except the previously mentioned ones.

Managed to narrow down some of the ship vehicles that are crashing the game (tested simply by putting myself flying a helicopter and spawning the ship empty):

On the blufor side: RHIB, FREMM frigates, san giusto (both normal and dummy), pontoon, pontoon end, gommone-lancia

The list isn't complete, but still perplexes me as to why they istantly fail to load and crash the game, so unless the afformentioned vehicles are so resource intensive, which seems unlikely, i don't know what to do, but look at the pbos themselves to try and find problems.

Have you installed ALL the files of addons?

...and sorry, the version installed in my PC is the 1.62 beta :(

In the San Giusto show mission there is some error messages or some part that have an "hole", maybe that if you order to a soldier to go in M2 on top of island the game crash. But not this generally crashing.

i am really curious too...:j:

the Todaro submarine it's ready for arma 3 (by mankyle)

I saw that a few days ago on arma2.it, i can't picture myself driving a submarine in arma nor playing naval warfare but it's still a cool addition :D , it's always nice to have something more, it gives you many more options for scenarios.

I agree Chairborne. Seriosly, i don't know what it's the upgrade of playability and what is the upgrade of the graphic in Arma3. I hope overall, that there is a grow up of possibility of playability. Considering this, depend how many addons of PedagneMOD we will see in Arma3 :)

Actually, it is much easier to use the submarine in Arma 2 than in Arma 3. It dives faster and surfaces also faster. The system for getting that to work has nothing to do.

Truth be told it is better in arma 2 using GNATs system for animating land contact points. The advantage in Arma 3 are water FX and a couple more details. It will really shine when normal ship use PHYSx, because real carriers will be possible.

Now I'm experimenting with two different system for setting torpedoes.

One with mando missile and another an standalone

I tried the mod and everything works just :D that there's a bug with the Fremm when you try to land by helicopter to the ship jumps :(

Thanks for sending us your newest release :cool:

As discussed we have combined all seperate files into one large archive to give as little trouble to people wishing to use your work.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

Since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

@Foxhound: Thanks for the attention of ArmaHolic for the PedagneMOD, thanks for your time and thanks for your availability. I'll wait your contact.

@Joker006: You may try with "secure chopper", but at the end is not a great result the same. the bad landing of choppers on FREMM is one of the issue that delate so far this release. The reason is that generally the physics of ships is not friendly with the geometry of game machine, so i suggest, now, to use the FREMM just a vehicle and not as a platform. The FREMM has walkpaths, hangar, briefing rooms, animated catwalk and doors...but become very frustrating to play with it as a platform.

A minor cargo "bug" report on the The EH101, NH90 Army+Navy and the NH90 MarteMk2. For some reason when I try and use a co-pilot in these helicopters, they end up in the back of the cargo area instead of in the co-pilot seat... When I in addition add more troops to cargo it's usually nr 12 or 13 that ends up in the co-pilot seat. Very strange indeed. The other helo's work fine though....

Other than that, outstanding work :)

Thanks! I understand the problem, i wrong in number of proxy. ...mmm but the EH101 it's an original model of BIS where i've changed only two texture, nothing other.:j:

In next days we'll fix this and others bugs.

Aspide has just sent to me the upgrade of the vehicles cargo drop of C130. Now it can cargo and drop also the wheeled IFV "Freccia" and "SuperAV".

Have waited long time for this, the san giusto is extremely well done and functional, sadly the weight of the FREMM Frigates seems to be totally off - they sink when i touch them with a Zodiac, impossible to land a helicopter on it and you cannot walk around on it / in the hangar bay. Thats about the only flaw i noticed and i hope this can be fixed, since e.g. the FFAA Mod and Gnats Frigate Pakc have fully walkable vessels. I noticed with ma cam-tool that the interiour of the FREMM has been modeled aswell and it would be quite sad to be unable to explore this beautifull vessel to it's full potential.

Apart from this issue, all the ships and also the already known Pedagne-Vehicles look amazing to me and i'm looking forward to play with them. A last question would be, if there is any kind of translation table to tell the non-italian speakers what the undividual units stand for, or are used for (since i noticed, a lot of unit names are already english, but a few are left italian with no aid to understand what this specific unit/vehicle is meant to be used for.)

Keep up this great work, you just made all the Navy Fans in the Armaverse very, very lucky.