Sign in to follow this  
Furyk

MP mission tasks, help

Hi,

I'm having issues with my MP mission task modules they are working fine for the group leader "Player" but other players aren't receiving any updates or tasks listed on the map screen.

I have synchronized them like this "trigger" > "set task state" > "create task" > "Player" with default values the rest of the playable units are grouped to the main Player.

I have tried syncing to each playable unit but with no success.

Any one know what I'm doing wrong ?

Many thanks

Edited by Furyk

Hi,

I'm having issues with my MP mission task modules they are working fine for the group leader "Player" but other players aren't receiving any updates or tasks listed on the map screen.

I have synchronized them like this "trigger" > "set task state" > "create task" > "Player" with default values the rest of the playable units are grouped to the main Player.

I have tried syncing to each playable unit but with no success.

Any one know what I'm doing wrong ?

Many thanks

the order is

trigger that launches task(or nothing if the task is going to be there from the beginning)---create task---player

then, every "set task state" for a task must be synced to the create task module, and the trigger to launch each state with the "set task state".

this is a graphic representation of what I said(yes, I'm that bored):

NvMVn3k.jpg

as you can see, everything stems from the create task module. with this example the task would be assigned to the group leader, and he would give the task to player 2 and 3. but leader mut be present for the others to have the task. if you are creating an MP mission it is better if you sync the task with each unit and not with the group as a whole, so people can choose whoever they want.

if you want you can set different task states, like fail, cancelled, and so on, just the same way as I put the other states.

Edited by becario

I Really appreciate the reply's guys thanks, plenty of info for me to get this resolved "I hope" :)

I basically have whats in the diagram but without the "set task state created" and "set task state assigned" Is this where I've gone wrong ?

Thanks again.

Edited by Furyk

Just tried the diagram set up and still no joy, anyone in group that is not me playing does not get the task updates :(

as I said: "if you are creating an MP mission it is better if you sync the task with each unit and not with the group as a whole, so people can choose whoever they want." in the create mission module you have to set the option apply to "synchronized objects only" instead of "groups of synchronized objects"

I just came up with another way to do it, and it implies less sync'ing... create a unit> side (blue, op, indep, whatever)> objects training> invisible target soldier. then make that invisible soldier the leader of the group(select a rank superior to the rest of the group, I just used colonel). then sync the "create task module" with the "invisible target soldier", and set the option to "groups of sync'ed objects".

that way all members of the group will get the task and you don't need so much sync'ing. Bad thing is that you won't have a group leader,so this won't work with IA.

sync all players to the task. not just group leader. works for me