Sign in to follow this  
Reuben5150

Beta is great apart from Multiplayer.

I stopped playing the alpha for a while and came back to the beta to find a much better game "experience" as far as performance and added content, great, but the online games have some issues....

Nooblets Tk'ing, shooting repeatedly at dead body's at distance, no-one playing the role of medic, revive etc, crashing choppers full of team, landing chopper in the hotzone 50m from enemy, etc,etc, of course this is nothing new just frustrating.

Wastland everywhere, all the top populated servers are running WL, I don't quite understand anyone even thinks this mod works well on Stratis, it doesn't and it was a much better mod in A2, and WL runs like crap on either game also, so I really wish they would keep this off the A3 servers.

PVP Domination was great so where has it gone ?, after a few nights could no longer find any large games running this mode, there is perhaps one left which ain't that great, now its all team vs AI which is pretty lame.

Supply crates with "all gear" should not include enemy uniforms, I like the fact that loadouts can be saved but feel this feature as a whole should be limited a bit, also half the team stood at the crates for 10 mins on every respawn slows the game and annoys people, i'm even thinking people should just deal with the role and gear they are given.

2 versions of ARMA 3, I find constantly switching between dev and non dev build for the single reason of trying to find a decent server to play on, personally I think these dev builds should be limited to a small closed group of testers only.

Apart from these frustrations great step forward for Arma

Tbh I think the reason why there are so many WL servers is that there just isn't enough content released yet for proper missions. At least when game was Alpha. Beta has only been out a couple of days. Mission makers are probably creating more complex missions right now.

When retail version hits I think we will see all classic missions from A2 enter A3 as all of the content is available making the old missions viable and fun. Atm game is to limited content wise.

Arma just isn't good at public gaming, sadly. Not even simple "Conquest" or AAS gamemodes seems to work with it. Dunno why. May be the lack of a solid system for class and squad management? It is too open?

i agree with op, the lack of pvp servers makes me very sad, i don't understand how there could be 30 full servers of wasteland :/

also when more addons come out more server will be more dependant on addons :@

in other words clicking every server and getting kicked because your missing an addon fml

bis can we have a better filter system?

Arma just isn't good at public gaming, sadly. Not even simple "Conquest" or AAS gamemodes seems to work with it. Dunno why. May be the lack of a solid system for class and squad management? It is too open?

Perhaps someone should ask the map makers to... I dunno make it class based since having it open doesnt appear that "regular" players are capable of teamwork and such?

Well i disagree.

I think that Arma can offer a great experience for public players.

The first one did,with the EVOLUTION and DOMINATION missions.

We just need these good creators back! :(

Well i disagree.

I think that Arma can offer a great experience for public players.

The first one did,with the EVOLUTION and DOMINATION missions.

We just need these good creators back! :(

Exactly. I think as soon as the game goes retail, give it some time and proper missions/game modes will be created and the experience on public servers will most likely improve, like it is/was in A2.

Maybe it will provide you with the motivation to create your own MP missions? Doesn't need to be anything complex, this is a great small mission for a squad, that uses task modules and community made scrips:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19955&highlight=WARGAMES

Rather than huge missions it would be nice to see something that tests each aspect or set of weapons, like the showcases / challenges? Or a set of common infantry problems - capture a bridge, set up a checkpoint, base of fire, assault a fortified position etc.

i agree with op, the lack of pvp servers makes me very sad, i don't understand how there could be 30 full servers of wasteland :/

Wasteland is PvP, just for your information.

It's just not the PvP you are looking for.

Wasteland is PvP, just for your information.

It's just not the PvP you are looking for.

sorry, lack of proper punctuation.

i agree with op, the lack of pvp servers makes me very sad.

i don't understand how there could be 30 full servers of wasteland :/

These WL servers are simply running A3 for the sake of popularity IMO, as mentioned its really not suited to the map at all, obviously a lot of people don't see that.

I still see a bright future for A3 regardless of this current situation.