Sign in to follow this  
][niipaa

A3B Temporary Support Vehicles

Hurray for a release! Here's the Readme which has all you need to know:

Greetings! Niipaa with another small addition to the Beta. Trying to fill the quirky pot holes as the meat of ArmA 3 gets tested. Here we have a total of 9 Support Vehicles, that function as they did in the days of old. Features as follows:

Support Vehicles For All 3 Factions - Found Under "Support"

Semi-Custom Textures :P

"Classic" Functionality - No Passengers other than Cab Members.

Known Issues - Notes:

The HEMTT is currently just sipping on hateraid for its LOD, so don't expect to see the Icons on the door from too far away. The Kamaz... Ahem, I mean Zamaks seem a lot better though.

There was a request to tone down the icons, and I did change them from Construction Orange (It's a color right?), to a semi-mellow yellow (On a roll here). Gonna have to say, aesthetic wise, this is pretty much final. I mean, I'm not professional. This is just down and dirty for those who need them in their missions, and don't want to wait. Obviously BI will implement them of their own accord. For now, just let these cover the hole with newspaper.

Standard Install Method.

Screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39688260/A3/2013-06-27_00001.jpg (238 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39688260/A3/2013-06-27_00002.jpg (241 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39688260/A3/2013-06-27_00003.jpg (221 kB)

Get it Here.

Edited by ][Niipaa

The support images look abit bright could you tone them down and would these actually function as support vehicles or is it just a texture?

I'll tone them down, and they will actually function as proper support vehicles. I just got done testing their functions, and it's classic ArmA functionality.

It's been released. I hope the colors aren't too blinding now. Though as I stated in the readme, this is about final. Addon Breaking Bugs aside, I can't see where else to really take this, as my artistic skill is rather shite.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

For those of us just joining the Arma series with 3, what does "classic functionality" mean?

For those of us just joining the Arma series with 3, what does "classic functionality" mean?

Just means that when you drive up next to it, it will do it's function, i.e. refuel/repair/rearm vehicles.

It also means that sometimes, in ArmA's cuteness GMJaken, you might have to scroll through your Action Menu and look for the appropriate action for it to do it's job. Though this is a minor occurrence and ArmA does it to let you know it loves you! But, they should work alright, and I'm going to release the textures today for those who want to use them as a script-only addition. Hope you all enjoy!

What are the classnames? I want to add these to a mission I am editing.

You can find them in the editor under Support for each Faction, but here is a classlist, as I should've had one up sooner, and apologize for not doing so. I also apologize for the late reply. I usually check daily, but forgot to.

Classlist:

BLUFOR:

B_Truck_01_Repair_F

B_Truck_01_Refuel_F

B_Truck_01_Reammo_F

OPFOR:

O_Truck_02_Repair_F

O_Truck_02_Refuel_F

O_Truck_02_Reammo_F

INDEPENDENT:

I_Truck_02_Repair_F

I_Truck_02_Refuel_F