pokertour

=ATM= Airdrop [A3] - Beta

soon as i open the action to halo. i can still halo, just no dialog. I do have #include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp" in my description and its in the right place, just like its not wanting to read it for some reason, i get no script errors until i try to halo and i just get the one, and its a pop-up error.

The update now comes with a "stringtable" file. I was experimenting to see if it was needed and when I didn't copy that stringtable file, no text appeared when I was HALO jumping in the editor. I don't get any error messages though.

My question is:

What do I do if two scripts require stringtable files in the main mission folder?

Example:

VAS has a stringtable file and the updated ATM Airdrop now has a stringtable file.

Thanks.

Hi, Well it seems to have fixed it self.. very odd, lastnight before i went to bed my mission and the test mission provided were giving me the error. turned on my computer today and loaded it up and everything works fine in both test mission and in my mission.

Don't think I've ever had an issue like that before but all is well now.

@csk222, yes my stingtable was in there, i just wasnt getting a dialog at all, only the map would come up.

Like Kawa said you can simply just merge the two stringtables together;

<Project name="Virtual Ammobox System">

//VAS sting here

</project>

<Project name="ATM Airdrop">

//ATM string here

</project>

Thanks for this great script btw.

Guys,

Do you have a fix for these errors, that came with the game update 1.10?

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/ALTITUDE_SELECT/controls/ATMSelectKeys.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/ALTITUDE_SELECT/controls/atmButtonClose.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/ALTITUDE_SELECT/controls/atmButtonClose.colorBackgroundFocused'.

Hi...which script errors were fixed in v6?...anything to do with not getting your backpack back after you land (this only happens when "resuming" from a saved mission)?

...just tried it (added VAS to your example mission, then save pbo to MP)...and nope...same bug (arma3 bug or ATM script bug i have no clue).

Here's how to reproduce it:

1. Start mission and load a saved kit from VAS that contains backpack (in my case its a carryall bag I think)

2. Do 1 Halo (when you land everything is fine...you get the backpack back)

3. save the mission, back out of it and do a RESUME

4. After entering into the resumed mission do another HALO...this time you dont get the backpack back.

I'll assume it's some sort of arma3 bug that stops either the setloadout or getloadout calls from working with backpacks after a save/resume.

Edited by BigShot

hey pokertour just wanted to let you know that your wonderfull script has been rendered useless by BI latest update....... something to do with backpacks (can add backpacks in vas anymore either) maybe class name changed ???

PROBLEM SOLVED NEVER MIND

Edited by EvilHomer

hey pokertour just wanted to let you know that your wonderfull script has been rendered useless by BI latest update....... something to do with backpacks (can add backpacks in vas anymore either) maybe class name changed ???

PROBLEM SOLVED NEVER MIND

Please explain the fix

Script functions\controlsBackground\fn_ATM_RscTitleBackground.sqf not found

mission wont load for some reason

Getting this error. not sure why. it happens may be 50% of time. lose main backpack too. Any suggestions on fix? have latest version.

11:50:05 String STR_ATM_hover not found
11:50:05 Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\new1.wss'
11:50:05 Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'
11:50:11 Warning Message: Bad vehicle type

Awesome Script. Really loving this :)

Ths script does conflict with ACE3 though, specifically the ace_parachute.pbo. What happens is your parachute despawns and spawns 3 times then you fall mid air.

Not sure why though. Just thought I would let you know.

I made a ticket so they can look into it :)

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1983

Awesome Script. Really loving this :)

Ths script does conflict with ACE3 though, specifically the ace_parachute.pbo. What happens is your parachute despawns and spawns 3 times then you fall mid air.

Not sure why though. Just thought I would let you know.

I made a ticket so they can look into it :)

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1983

I confirm that!

As the 2 above me mentioned, ace conflicts with this script now and pretty much makes you spalt on the ground. A temporary fix is to delete the ace parachute pbo

_target action ["OpenParachute", _target];

Fix for ACE3 Issue just comment out this line. Warning you will loose auto open.

I also did some digging and found the bad vehicle was made worse by

sleep 0,5;
	_target addBackpack "B_Parachute";
if ((getPos _target select 2) >= 8000) then{
	removeHeadgear _target;
	_target addHeadgear "H_CrewHelmetHeli_B";
	sleep 0,5;
};

Sleep needs to be 0.5 not 0,5  Like so :

sleep 0.5;
	removeHeadgear _target;
	sleep 0.5;
};

Hope this helps

I hope I won't get in trouble for this, I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this is killing me.

I installed this like the installation says, yet.. when I go into my server, I just get the HALO Jump option on the object I use it for (a flag pole). I click that, and nothing happens. This is likely just a brain-dead moment, but please help me on this.

Thanks.  

I hope I won't get in trouble for this, I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this is killing me.

I installed this like the installation says, yet.. when I go into my server, I just get the HALO Jump option on the object I use it for (a flag pole). I click that, and nothing happens. This is likely just a brain-dead moment, but please help me on this.

Thanks.  

Sounds like something has not been done correctly. I feel very generous lately... if you send me your mission file I'll have a look on it and see what went wrong! ^^

• Like 1

a typo for sure.

For eg

this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>HALO jump</t>", "ATM_airdrop\atm_airdrop.sqf"]

this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>HALO jump</t>", "scripts\ATM_airdrop\atm_airdrop.sqf"]

Still has a conflict with ace. When ace is enabled, the parachute goes away and a second chute deploys, then it repeats this cycle till on the ground dead. Anyone find a way around this?

Still has a conflict with ace. When ace is enabled, the parachute goes away and a second chute deploys, then it repeats this cycle till on the ground dead. Anyone find a way around this?

just put "//" without quotes on line 106 of the script atm_airdrop.sqf. with it, you will lose the automatic open function of the parachute, but will solve the problem of getting lost the parachute.
Line 106: "//" _target action ["OpenParachute" _target];   .... just put the //

Wasn't it so, that you need to delete ace_parachute too? (At least that is what I did. As well as changing the script)

Many Greetings
Moony

Wasn't it so, that you need to delete ace_parachute too? (At least that is what I did. As well as changing the script)

Many Greetings

Moony

I just put the "//" and it worked perfectly

Okay, I'll give it a try. Hope that works (so I don't need to think with every ace update to delete the file xD)

Thanks Moon child. It worked great :). Although it was line 100 for me not 106 :o.

Don't thank me, vurelo gave you the advice. (Credits where credits due xD)

the credits aren't mine but john681611

_target action ["OpenParachute", _target];

Fix for ACE3 Issue just comment out this line. Warning you will loose auto open.

I also did some digging and found the bad vehicle was made worse by

sleep 0,5;
	removeHeadgear _target;
	sleep 0,5;
};

Sleep needs to be 0.5 not 0,5  Like so :

sleep 0.5;