Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Around 50% are roleplaying servers

Last time I did check the Arma 3 server list, around 50% of the more populated servers were all roleplaying servers.

What about the pvp gameplay modes in the Arma 3 beta i.e. CTI, Team V Team pvp, .....and so on. Officially there is only the coop gameplay mode offered, fighting against bots.

I hope you guys will implement a better server list filter. In Arma 2 when you use the filter and choose "TEAM" gameplay, you get spammed with Dayz/roleplaying servers instead of actually servers where you will find Team vs Team gameplay based on what the game actually is, a military sim. Actually there are so many servers popping up that you dont find any what you are looking for.

Not really happy about this beta.....the pvp aspect is missing a lot and I wonder why.

Edited by oxmox

Sadly you'll have to join a group to get some organized play going.. I too wish that those game modes were more popular, instead we are stuck with Stratis life and Wasteland :|.

Simply wait when arma 3 is modified heavily and than milsim units will probably switch from ArmA 2.

To be honest I dont play arma 3 because im not fan of the SCI-FI style this is why im waiting for the GSC mod

Anyone saw a word from the developers about a better server filter, so we dont get roleplaying servers when people are actually looking for "TEAM" gameplay ? I think this is very important, after I saw what did happen with Arma 2...it changed into a chaos, where you could not find any server since so many roleplaying servers did pop up...I guess the end result was that such servers got deserted and vanished.

Simply wait when arma 3 is modified heavily and than milsim units will probably switch from ArmA 2.

To be honest I dont play arma 3 because im not fan of the SCI-FI style this is why im waiting for the GSC mod

This needs to be adressed now. Why should we wait for something what maybe will happen. If you look at Arma 2, the whole roleplaying servers are a big issue and did cut out the military gameplay servers. Do you want to wait just to see maybe the same chaos like in Arma 2 ? Just look at the Arma 3 beta, already roleplaying servers are often the majority of the most populated servers....maybe filled with some players who dont care about the military sim part of the game.

The developers have to wake up and should not think that all is fine and nothing needs to be improved....otherwise they are a part of the downward spiral of pvp/military sim gameplay.

Edited by oxmox

I'm a little afraid that ARMA III can go meet the same fate as ARMA II. I do not know if it is naive and believe that stand-alone RPG will solve the problem - have seen on other forums and in video comments, where these players have said, that they see no reason for these stand alones because they have ARMA III mods (will not buy them).

Personally, I should not like to be forced to join a clan to meet these actions (current situation in ARMA II). Should it be necessary, then I think that ARMA III will die out for the people who do not have the time or want a clan membership.

Right now looking at the Steam forum a great dissociation from these mods can be followed with great interest.

I do not know if it's because ARMA is too difficult at the tactical level, thereby making the new players move over to these mods - have seen some of the older players do the same, but it's sad because ARMA is much more than that.

I belive it have alot to do with mind set, when playing these mods (is not intended to be personal against any we are free to play, what we want to play).

Lets se what the future for ARMA III will bring us - Im still positive :D

Personally, I should not like to be forced to join a clan to meet these actions (current situation in ARMA II).

There are numerous places where one does not have to join a clan. One just have to look. for arma 3 e.g. http://zeus-community.net/jom/

arma 2/3 ciahome.net

for example.

This needs to be adressed now. Why should we wait for something what maybe will happen. If you look at Arma 2, the whole roleplaying servers are a big issue and did cut out the military gameplay servers. Do you want to wait just to see maybe the same chaos like in Arma 2 ? Just look at the Arma 3 beta, already roleplaying servers are often the majority of the most populated servers....maybe filled with some players who dont care about the military sim part of the game.

The developers have to wake up and should not think that all is fine and nothing needs to be improved....otherwise they are a part of the downward spiral of pvp/military sim gameplay.

Developers have nothing to do how the game is turning with servers and play style but its players.

Developers make this game so people enjoy it, they did not specifically say the game is only for milsim players, people use their imagination.

I for example don't play arma 3 because there aint mods that would of make the game interesting e.g. ACE.

How is wasteland a role playing mod? lol You want action...Go play wasteland!! You want to kill people and work as a team? go play wasteland!!

How is wasteland a role playing mod? lol You want action...Go play wasteland!! You want to kill people and work as a team? go play wasteland!!

A small pistol fight on a hillside when you spawn is action?

There was a thread exactly like this yesterday...

Simply put: People will play games the way they want to play them.

The question was why are there pvp gameplay modes missing in the Arma 3 beta. And the issue in Arma 2 was a missing feature for the server filtering which did lead to chaos, cutting out Team vs Team pvp servers...like I wrote before. Nobody has a problem what mod people play in general which is their decision. Developer have an influence about the features for the search filters for servers.

Edited by oxmox

There's really no need for filters, if I want to find a TVT server I will apart from all the wasteland and so on missions. It's a sandbox and people are free to do as they please. The developers aren't supposed to encourage pvp gamemodes or what so ever, all they ever did encourage is to create missions just the way people would enjoy them. Same case with ArmA: Armed Assault, ArmA 2 and now ArmA 3. I don't need a fancy filter to spot a server that isn't wasteland or whatever and all the other people that might or might not get tired from wasteland or stratis life will find other gamemodes eventually too if they choose so.

Personally my unit doesn't indulge in PvP game modes for one main reason, lack of server security... It is extremely easy to cheat and hack and PvP seems to invite the hackers alot more then a CO-OP and Role play mission does.

Thanks to all the morons renting servers runing WL, it's a sad state of affairs when you have to rely on this crap to aid popularity, BIS could quite easy get rid of all this by removing 3rd person, I bought A3 because it was ment to be a misim not some role playing crap.

And bots are lame btw.

The question was why are there pvp gameplay modes missing in the Arma 3 beta. And the issue in Arma 2 was a missing feature for the server filtering which did lead to chaos, cutting out Team vs Team pvp servers...like I wrote before. Nobody has a problem what mod people play in general which is their decision. Developer have an influence about the features for the search filters for servers.
... why can't the answer to 'missing modes' be "because it's a beta"?

The lack of blacklist/"exclude the entered string"-type server filtering (as opposed to whitelist-type/"only the entered string" filtering) is an admitted shortcoming since the server browser is WIP, but we have no ETA on when that would change.

There's really no need for filters, if I want to find a TVT server I will apart from all the wasteland and so on missions. It's a sandbox and people are free to do as they please. The developers aren't supposed to encourage pvp gamemodes or what so ever, all they ever did encourage is to create missions just the way people would enjoy them. Same case with ArmA: Armed Assault, ArmA 2 and now ArmA 3. I don't need a fancy filter to spot a server that isn't wasteland or whatever and all the other people that might or might not get tired from wasteland or stratis life will find other gamemodes eventually too if they choose so.

Of course there is no need for the Arma 3 beta currently with just a handfull of servers, Iam talking about the release version with maybe a lot more servers around. Did you play Arma 2 since release or at least more than a year ago to actually notice the influence of certain mods and the following shockingly server chaos Iam talking about ?

Edited by oxmox

First of all.... what the heck is with all you people saying "Roleplay..." Do any of you even know what role playing is? Wasteland is NOT roleplay. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Stratis LIFE isn't really role play (Terrible Roleplay at best... or perhaps casual is the better word.)

And there is no better example of PvP then what Wasteland has to offer. It can be tactical, and in many ways, more tactical than some of these other game modes available... it really is up to the players to work together to get the most out of it. If you can't do that in wasteland... well then good luck doing it anywhere.

Honestly, there are so many CTI warfare servers out there (admittedly more popular among euro players, which is dissapointing for me, as I love CTI) that offer up the kind of PvP you guys are looking for... why not start there?

Really, I'm not even sure what this thread is going on about. I don't try to put others in a negative light, and I am certainly not here to troll this topic. But 50% of servers out there are not RP servers. Infact, not even 5 percent of the servers out there are RP servers. And if you would argue otherwise with me, then you should probably go find the definition of RP. I'm not even sure if there are enough stratis life servers to consider 5% of the servers out there. Its a popular server, but there aren't a whole lot of them.

I think it's safe to say that most games, including Arma can be referred to as role-play games.

Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role.

I'm perplexed as to why people feel the need to complain about the actions and preferences of others' in a video game. If you dislike current trends, create one of your own. I feel that this argument mainly stems down to laziness, to either create your own missions or search for servers running preferred missions.

First of all.... what the heck is with all you people saying "Roleplay..." Do any of you even know what role playing is? Wasteland is NOT roleplay. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Stratis LIFE isn't really role play (Terrible Roleplay at best... or perhaps casual is the better word.)

And there is no better example of PvP then what Wasteland has to offer. It can be tactical, and in many ways, more tactical than some of these other game modes available... it really is up to the players to work together to get the most out of it. If you can't do that in wasteland... well then good luck doing it anywhere.

Honestly, there are so many CTI warfare servers out there (admittedly more popular among euro players, which is dissapointing for me, as I love CTI) that offer up the kind of PvP you guys are looking for... why not start there?

Really, I'm not even sure what this thread is going on about. I don't try to put others in a negative light, and I am certainly not here to troll this topic. But 50% of servers out there are not RP servers. Infact, not even 5 percent of the servers out there are RP servers. And if you would argue otherwise with me, then you should probably go find the definition of RP. I'm not even sure if there are enough stratis life servers to consider 5% of the servers out there. Its a popular server, but there aren't a whole lot of them.

Dayz was called a survival game with rpg elements, the original Wasteland Sandbox is similar just without zombies and additional factions.

At the end does it really matter how it is named, there are certain mods Life/Wasteland/Dayz/xxx which have rpg elements but people know what are you talking about if you call them roleplaying mods. Simple, they are just a handfull of gameplay mods out of many others which have not much in common with the core game as a military sim.

Edited by oxmox

Well Guys and Gals!

{B'E'L} Behind Enemy Lines has a great server with good team play aspects.... the best part is its PvP

Its been remodeled for this and currently we have 3 smaller 30 man 3 team conquest style PvP missions...

As well as a 75 man across the entire island of stratis and Mobs of vehicles to tear people up with :p

I honestly believe if people were to see this mode for what it offers this could become a favorite for many people that would like to see more PvP in Arma 3's Beta

Anyways... Give us a shot guys and come play with us sometime :)

Teamspeak 3 channel :

belclan.ts.nfoservers.com

Server Name :

Behind Enemy Lines | Dedicated Server | Dallas, TX

http://http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.126.81:2302/

Anyways hope all is well and hope to see you on the battlefield!!

Don't be stupid, guys. The problem is not that there are many servers with game modes you do not like. The problem is that there is not enough servers with game modes you like. Nobody takes no one's place. If there's somebody that wants to run a PVP super-hardcore-milsim-listen-to-my-orders-talk-about-different-ammo-types-wank-in-a-tank-server then he will simply run it and you can play there. If there is not such a person then too bad. Simple as that.