Sign in to follow this  
bias12

WIP cabriolet scout car

Hi guys,

I was looking at the units we already have and thought we could use a light transport/ combat reconnaissance vehicle. I have a little concept that I knocked up in half an hour and I was wondering what you guys thought and if it was worth taking forward.

DUobcMQ.jpg

TDJsuCe.jpg

I'm thinking a three person light reconnaissance jeep, open top, with maybe a rear mounted light machine gun. It's just a concept but if there is any interest i'll put this bad boy together.

Any thoughts?

Looks sweet. Any particular real world counterpart to compare or you are getting inspiration from? Personally, I'd like to see it get some sweet dune buggy style suspension but with an armored body. Like combining This with This.

Looks sweet. Any particular real world counterpart to compare or you are getting inspiration from?

Yeah actually, I was looking at a mix between this and this, so not too far off of what you were thinking. I could definitely do a bad ass buggy version of the same chassis.

Have been working on the concept model a little more. It's very rough but it gives an idea of what I'm aiming for.

ErLatF9.jpg

Looks sweet. Really understanding the concept but here is the part where I go a bit mad and suggestion a million things that may or may not give you any ideas. But hey, I can't model :( so at least I can do this. Ready. Set. Go.

Offroad tire model pic

Front Brushguard pic

3rd passenger turret for LMG, HMG, GMG, TOW, AA, and whatever else your heart desires.

Wider wheel base for offroad capability. pic

Suspension model that is visible for the visual awesomeness pic

A more level roof with rollcage surrounded by plate armor on the vertical areas of the cab. pic

Removable top hatch?

Armored windscreen. pic (Just the windscreen/windshield not the whole thing.)

Headlights with a more modern angular style. A little less boxiness and a little more sexy curves if possible

Places where gear is hanging (I.E. Rucks, gasoline cans, antennas, radios, and on and on.....) pic

Mud flaps pic

Preferably working gages with LED looking lights inside (long way off but hey, shoot for the stars right?) pic

Amphibious capability? pic

Well I'm out of breathe, hope this helps you in one way or another. :)

Maybe you could put a turret on the back either through using the passenger seat or having a 3rd passenger manning the gun?

Looks sweet. Really understanding the concept but here is the part where I go a bit mad and suggestion a million things that may or may not give you any ideas. But hey, I can't model :( so at least I can do this. Ready. Set. Go.

Offroad tire model pic

Front Brushguard pic

3rd passenger turret for LMG, HMG, GMG, TOW, AA, and whatever else your heart desires.

Wider wheel base for offroad capability. pic

Suspension model that is visible for the visual awesomeness pic

A more level roof with rollcage surrounded by plate armor on the vertical areas of the cab. pic

Removable top hatch?

Armored windscreen. pic (Just the windscreen/windshield not the whole thing.)

Headlights with a more modern angular style. A little less boxiness and a little more sexy curves if possible

Places where gear is hanging (I.E. Rucks, gasoline cans, antennas, radios, and on and on.....) pic

Mud flaps pic

Preferably working gages with LED looking lights inside (long way off but hey, shoot for the stars right?) pic

Amphibious capability? pic

Well I'm out of breathe, hope this helps you in one way or another. :)

These are all great ideas, I like that we are thinking on the same lines. What do you think for the paint job, camo or solid?

brad7; Yeah as I said it will be armed with a rear facing LMG.

Brain; That is quite a vehicle. Looks like a massive quad bike! I do like the utilitarian look of it, thanks for the link! :)

I would say Solid for the paint job. Is this planned for all factions or just one? Because if you do all of them, you can just do each vehicle in the different camos (Hex for Opfor, The new Green digi for Independent, Tan for Blufor)

These are all great ideas, I like that we are thinking on the same lines. What do you think for the paint job, camo or solid?

brad7; Yeah as I said it will be armed with a rear facing LMG.

Brain; That is quite a vehicle. Looks like a massive quad bike! I do like the utilitarian look of it, thanks for the link! :)

Personally I would go with 3 different paint jobs on release. Matte Black. Matte Tan/Desert Sand. And possibly a digital swatch like the independent digi camo.