Sign in to follow this  
tharos

Supply drop?

Does the supply drop work now in the beta? How do i add stuff?

If you mean like the support module, I'd assume you sync your unit to the Support Requester, sync the Supply drop MODULE to that, and then sync some transport/cargo aircraft to the supply drop module. I'm not totally sure though, but I assume it works like the others.

Yeah i can get it setup unitwise... but there is a box where you should enter your cargo... and ive tried Addcargo in all forms poss i guess.. But it doenst even spawn a box... i get the chopper and all ..but no drop...

in the new beta change notes today it say Cargo of all helicopters is now able to eject and paradrop (the latter if they take parachute bags first) so fingers crossed it work

Time to eject some elephants out the poop chute!

You'll still have to be using the Mohawk for best results, I had soldiers outright dying upon paradropping from the Kajman or being injured immediately upon paradropping from the Ghosthawk (both versions) while the Orca (both versions) and the Hummingbird had no eject/paradrop support at all.

i still cannot get it to work, just fly's over says hes dropped it, but i don't see anything, could some 1 please tell me how to do it thanks

i still cannot get it to work, just fly's over says hes dropped it, but i don't see anything, could some 1 please tell me how to do it thanks

This is exactly what i am getting...

Its so intresting...no posts or tutorials on the net...? How come noones asked this before`?

The cargo parachute required for this particular support run is currently missing in the public build, but will be added in the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok, i tested some things. Here is one solution to simulate a SupplyDrop.

Paste this into the "Crate Init" of your "Support Provider: Supply Drop"

AirSupplyCrate = "B_supplyCrate_F" createVehicle (getPos DropHeli);

AirSupplySignal = "SmokeShellYellow" createVehicle (getPos AirSupplyCrate);

Use a transport helicopter as your Drop vehicle. Name it DropHeli.

The crate init will be activated at the drop moment and the drop zone is marked with yellow smoke.

This is a Supply Drop without any free fall and will be spawn a supply crate at the ground.

I tried to spawn the supply crate in the air. But after the crate is hit the ground, it is impossible to use the crate.

A damage trigger could be repair the crate, but the interaction with the crate is deleted.

I hope anybody will understand my bad english.

Edited by V-zwo_Null

Ok, i tested some things. Here is one solution to simulate a SupplyDrop.

Paste this into the "Crate Init" of your "Support Provider: Supply Drop"

Use a transport helicopter as your Drop vehicle. Name it DropHeli.

The crate init will be activated at the drop moment and the drop zone is marked with yellow smoke.

This is a Supply Drop without any free fall and will be spawn a supply crate at the ground.

I tried to spawn the supply crate in the air. But after the crate is hit the ground, it is impossible to use the crate.

A damage trigger could be repair the crate, but the interaction with the crate is deleted.

I hope anybody will understand my bad english.

Thanks mate ill give it a try this afternoon

works perfect now by just adding AirSupplyCrate = "B_supplyCrate_F" into the Crate Init" of your "Support Provider: Supply Drop" Since they added cargo parachutes

thanks

You missed the ; off the end of AirSupplyCrate = "B_supplyCrate_f" - Just thought i would mention it in case any new comers struggle to get it to work.

• Like 1

works perfect now by just adding AirSupplyCrate = "B_supplyCrate_F" into the Crate Init" of your "Support Provider: Supply Drop" Since they added cargo parachutes

thanks

I'm not getting any supplies with this in the lastest Dev build. The helicopter only drop a parachute, but no supplies are attached.

EDIT: Was using the Green Mohawk. Changed to Ghosthawk since I noticed that the supplycrate was blufor. It's now working. Guess the supplycrate HAS to be the same faction as the helicopter.

Edited by runekn

I'm not getting any supplies with this in the lastest Dev build. The helicopter only drop a parachute, but no supplies are attached.

EDIT: Was using the Green Mohawk. Changed to Ghosthawk since I noticed that the supplycrate was blufor. It's now working. Guess the supplycrate HAS to be the same faction as the helicopter.

Try AirSupplyCrate = "Box_IND_Ammo_F"; in the Mohawks crate init - The code is for a green basic ammo box, so should work. At the moment there is no actual supply crate for the Green faction.

EDIT - Just tested it and its a no go, just get the parachute and no ammo box. So we must need a supply box for the green faction, either that or its a bug!

Edited by teaboy

You missed the ; off the end of AirSupplyCrate = "B_supplyCrate_f" - Just thought i would mention it in case any new comers struggle to get it to work.

Thanks

Have made ticket on the feedback tracker requesting a supply crate for the green faction - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10901 - As its a bit silly for the Green Faction, whom happen to be Greek, to not have access to Supply Drops when BlueFor and Opfor do.

How would i add the code that goes in the init of a box to make it a VAS?

How to build Custom Crates now?

The "init crate" can be leaved empty for the red and the blue fraction.

Edited by V-zwo_Null

Supply crate for independent side will make it to one of the next patches. Once it's there, you won't need to write anything in the init lines.

"Crate init" is there mainly to change the loadout of the dropped crate, not the crate itself.

So i found a way to build my own Supply Crate Loadout.

clearMagazineCargo _this;

clearItemCargo _this;

clearWeaponCargo _this;

_this addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_blue", 50];

Signal = "SmokeShellYellow" createVehicle position _this;

Add this to the supply crate init and a ammo crate with only 50 blue chemlights will be dropped.

Oh and a yellow smoke signal will be dropped.

You are all using the dev build right? Since i cant get a supplydrop goin at all in the "Normal" beta