Sign in to follow this  
Scoggs

Would it be possible to have 3D NVG's like scopes?

I am curious if this would even be possible in the engine. I think it would be a great immersive factor if added.

I only ask since there is no zoom and am thinking it could be like the current 3D optics. Although I am not sure how the NV is implemented. Would it have to be RTT or is the NV effect simply a PP effect?

Either way I think it would be simply awesome!

Do you mean like a one eyed NVG? I've never worn NVG's but how would that work with a 3D scope view if it was a standard two eyed one?

You mean with borders and an "outside" view?

I think he means you'd see the lenses of the NVG, and then normal vision in your peripheral. I don't think modern ones work like that, I think they have a little rubber eye piece over the tube.

I think it'd be a cool idea, if executed properly, however NVGs are the only thing in-game (asides from binocs maybe) where it'd make sense to black out the peripheral vision.

Sorry wasn't very specific since I was on my phone.

I mean something like this Where the helmet mounted night vision is like a physical object and you look through them. Also instead of the black border that we have we would have peripheral vision albeit not NV.

Edited by Scoggs
PHP skills have faded

Having used NVG before what you see through them is pretty much what is in game. There is normally a rubber "cup" around the lenses which prevents light leakage. So all you see when wearing the NVG is the image from the tube and black around it from the cups. You don't actually see the frame of the NVG at all. Basically it looks very much like it does in game now.