Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Disabling Names of Objects

Does anybody know if there is a way to hide or disable the object names that appear in-game? You know, if you look at an object, it appears on screen. Any ideas? Or even how to change them to something else?

I've tried setidentity, and also naming the object in the description and title box...

Does anybody know if there is a way to hide or disable the object names that appear in-game? You know, if you look at an object, it appears on screen. Any ideas? Or even how to change them to something else?
Under Game Options/Difficulty you can enable/disable many features such as tags.

Thanks - but I was looking for a way to change them too. I also wanted them so that other players can't see them on multiplayer. It's a small, niggling detail - but would be great to get it sorted. There must be something that can be changed? Perhaps something in the description.sqf?

You know when you move your cursor over a snake and it comes up 'snake', or 'H-barrier', or 'Stone House' etc. That's the text I'd like to get rid of or change...

Ah no, really? If anybody knows differently, please let us know!

hardcoded, can be disabled through difficulty or by making an addon that will replace these names with empty strings but it still might show something up like "Unknown" or distance