Sign in to follow this  
AceOfSpades

Problems with parameters on dedicated server

Hey guys, I run a private dedicated server for myself and sons and their friends. In Arma 2 you used to be able to join a MP game then dig that out of the AppData folder and insert into MpMission folder for the server. Then that mission could be run and parameters could be changed. Is there something with Arma 3 that prevents this? I have been trying to get the commonly edited domination mission that is used by so many to work but the parameters are not necessarily changing. What I mean is that some parameters are and some are not. Changing the start time works but changing the parameters for parachuting or allowing player to change grass settings for instance does not. Is it the method of attaining the mission? Anyone know where the copy everyone is altering comes from, I have not seen it on armaholic? The kids love domination but would really like to get it to work properly with the setting everyone wants. Thanks in advance to responders.

basically.... there was update yesterday from Aplha to Beta and your mission probably isnt "fully beta compatible".....

at this point best what u can do is to wait........ :)

on dedicated server u can set up parameters in server config file, otherwise default value is used..

parametr isnt function, its value !!!

for the mission.. parameter means 2 things.....

1. parametr declaration in description.ext (this is what you later see in-game)

2. value of parameter in paramsArray (thats whats used in scripts)

example:

declare 3 parametrs in description.ext

class Params
{
class ParametrName1
{
 title = "ParametrName1InGame";
 values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3};
 texts[] = {"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three"};
 default = 0;
};

class ParametrName2
{
 title = "ParametrName2InGame";
 values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3};
 default = 0;
};

class ParametrName3
{
 title = "ParametrName3InGame";
 values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3};
 default = 0;
};
};

at this point (with default values) u will end up with

paramsArray [0, 0, 0];

in the code.....

basically........ this means that parametr CANT be broken because its value and nothing else.............

but there re functions or scripts and they use the VALUE of the parametr...

so lets say that u have in code:

_myValue1 = paramsArray select 0;
_myValue2 = paramsArray select 1;
_myValue3 = paramsArray select 2;

so if u will remove one of the declaration

class Params
{
class ParametrName1
{
 title = "ParametrName1InGame";
 values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3};
 default = 0;
};

class ParametrName3
{
 title = "ParametrName3InGame";
 values[] = {0, 1, 2, 3};
 default = 0;
};
};

u will also have to chage the code:

_myValue1 = paramsArray select 0;
_myValue2 = 0;
_myValue3 = paramsArray select 1;

and u will have to do it EVERYWHERE !

.........anyway.... paramters CANT be bronken in that way u imagine that.........

Thanks for the response. I just started the server when Arma went beta. All of the missions I am grabbing all say beta and when you go on their server the parameters are changed from the default. Plus even more odd is the fact that I can take the same mission run it as a lan game and host it myself un-dedicated and the parameters change fine. But when my son joins the game, the parameters he sees are all the default ones that that mission has set. At first I thought it might be because I was running the dedicated on same system with two copies of Arma3 partitioned off. So I dug out the server tower in the closet and set it back up and the darn results are the same! I get on the server, login as admin, change the parameters how I want. Double check to make sure parameters are changed before pressing continue, then in game everything is default. If my son logs in as admin from his computer the exact same thing happens. He can change the parameters but it does not change when the game starts. I used to do this with arma2 for years so although I am no expert and I am kinda old lol I still am competent enough to get this done. So I am very very confused about this. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.