billz4money

Arma 3 Beta How to spawn with a Parachute

Hello I can not find a Thread anywhere for this for the Arma 3 Beta but I was wondering the script for Adding a Parachute to an infantry soldier so when he spawns he has one instead of being in the chopper and having to get one then jump out I just want them to Spawn into the game falling with one on their back does anyone know how to script this or is it even possible yet? Please help me I greatly appreciate it! :o

You can put this in your player's init field to start the game falling in a parachute.

chute = "Steerable_Parachute_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
chute setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 200]; 
this moveIndriver chute; 

If you just wanna start freefalling with a parachute use this:

this addBackpack "B_Parachute"; this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 200]; 

That seems to replace any normal backpack you'd have though.

Edited by kylania
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the editor just edit the elevation spawn point of the unit to your desired height and in the INIT field put:

removebackpack this; this addbackpack "B_Parachute";

They'll spawn at the elevation and immediately start falling like you want and they'll have the parachute on for deployment. Then you just set the respawn_west marker at the HALO jump LZ and you're good to go. I'm assuming this is just the initial insertion of your mission? If you want to keep respawning and HALO jumping it gets more complicated.

In the editor just edit the elevation spawn point of the unit to your desired height and in the INIT field put:

removebackpack this; this addbackpack "B_Parachute";

Haha, I just did this and it works great until you or your buddies hit the ground, then the game handles it like a vehicle hitting the ground and you all explode......I don't imagine that is the intent.

Ooh, neat! Elevation, hadn't noticed that yet. heh

Much easier but breaks for me first example since the init creates the chute before the player unit is assigned it's elevation it seems like. But for the second, just give the guy a chute, it works great. Of course then you run into the case where if someone's laggy starting the game they might splat before they can even control the chute.

Can't seen to find any new action to automatically pull the chute.

I am creating a mission with my brother. We both have our own squads. But we're stuck. Basically, I want to fly him to a point, and have him and his men jump out with a parachute. Now we can do that. He has to go to each of his men and change their inventory. Removes their backpack and adds a parachute. Problem is, now they no longer have some supplies needed. How can I get them to jump with their backpacks as well? We also need them to all steer to and land in a certain area.

I am creating a mission with my brother. We both have our own squads. But we're stuck. Basically, I want to fly him to a point, and have him and his men jump out with a parachute. Now we can do that. He has to go to each of his men and change their inventory. Removes their backpack and adds a parachute. Problem is, now they no longer have some supplies needed. How can I get them to jump with their backpacks as well? We also need them to all steer to and land in a certain area.
Try this.

Beerkan's Simple ParaDrop Script

Thanks, but my major issue is that when my brother and his team jump out, he'll go to and land at our insertion zone, but his team members just go wherever they want. Is it possible to make them steer and land at a selected point?

I used the scripts posted but to no avail. The units stay on the ground and gear doesn't change ether. does having multiple respawns change anything?

21 minutes ago, Nathan Bruns said:

I used the scripts posted but to no avail. The units stay on the ground and gear doesn't change ether. does having multiple respawns change anything?

Bit outdated and a slight grave dig .. 

you can check out the rules here and an updated paradrop script here