Sign in to follow this  
krizz kaliko

Amd and issues to come...(Froggy can add)

please use commandline parameter

-cpuCount=8

with your eight core CPUs

please use commandline parameter

-cpuCount=8

with your eight core CPUs

It doesn't do much except spread the already minuscule load across more cores. There's not much more depressing than going from a 75/40/25/25 total core load to a 75/30/15/15/8/8/8/8 total core load. In some cases it actually makes performance worse.

I can't say I'm really impressed with the performance on my rig either.

Intel I7 3770k water cooled and overclocked

16gb RAM (800 MHz dual channel)

EVGA GTX Titan (overclocked)

and Arma 3 installed on a 256gb Samsung 840pro SSD

I want to write a wall of text, but I'll just say that the engine needs a serious overhaul. That's what I wanted to see with Arma 3.

hi,

I agree to 100%

Well after changing some settings again and restarting the game every time I changed something. It suddenly runs very smooth again in singleplayer and in some multiplayer missions getting up to 50-80 fps. But sadly enough, the mod I enjoy the most atm is Wasteland and I'm getting max 22 fps there which in alpha was still a lot smoother.

But after viewing this site you gave (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/6), it's kinda very obvious that the game is COMPLETELY optimized for intel CPU and AMD is COMPLETELY forgotten. A friend of mine has an i5 2500K with +- same videocard and the game runs very smooth on his PC, while i have a phantom 2 955 which is almost identical speedwise.

If you look at the benchmarks a CPU AMD FX-8150 (4.818GHz) scores worse then a 2500K @ 3,3ghz... what a joke :s

Yes i'm aware that the benchmarks are done on Arma 2 but Arma 3 is an upgraded engine of Arma 2, so the results will be the same.

you should give sa-matras wasteland version a try if you haven't, i get a lot more fps there compared to other versions (with a intel setup but still)

Run the Editor alone. If you Get good FPS, like i Do, than The Problem lies in MP code or servers, like everyone else. Wasteland, Dominations are not good for testing performance right know.

It doesn't do much except spread the already minuscule load across more cores. There's not much more depressing than going from a 75/40/25/25 total core load to a 75/30/15/15/8/8/8/8 total core load. In some cases it actually makes performance worse.

If i understand the new AMD architecture correctly there are 8 cores 4 modules..meaning there are 2 cores per module but the problem comes in as they are sharing a single resource which in some instances makes there performance worse :( I understand it was a cost saving measure but may actually cost them in the end :( I have read of some people turning off cores 2-4-6-8 (i think) which helped performance.

If i understand the new AMD architecture correctly there are 8 cores 4 modules..meaning there are 2 cores per module but the problem comes in as they are sharing a single resource which in some instances makes there performance worse :( I understand it was a cost saving measure but may actually cost them in the end :( I have read of some people turning off cores 2-4-6-8 (i think) which helped performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AMD_Bulldozer_block_diagram_(CPU_core_bloack).PNG

2 integer cores with a one FPU, Shared L1 instruction cache, and Shared L2 data cache. If you read the white papers on them, they have issue's with certain script interpreters and environments.

http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/SharedL1InstructionCacheonAMD15hCPU.pdf