Sign in to follow this  
-J4F- Thunder666

Server.exe crash using Parachutes...

Hi,

we are really happy to see the included Parachutes now !

But we cant use it at our Server :(. The Server.exe crashes in most cases if Guys using the Parachute System !?

Next Point is since Alpha we get randomly exploding Helicopters if Guys try to enter them as Pilot !?

Can you give some Tips or can confirm it maybe ?

thx in advance

greetings Thunder

can you please create simple repro mission for testing and then goto feedback tracker and upload the mission to it?

The exploding choppers I can confirm. It's happened on my server since the DEV Beta release. It's totally random so I have idea how to reproduce or narrow down with the new engine.

The server I play on apparently tried loading up one of the new transport helos with paratroopers, but the server crashed when everyone bailed out and opened their parachutes. I don't think we know how many chutes it takes to crash a server exactly, but transport choppers have now been removed to prevent large numbers of players from using the parachute at the same time.

Parachute and anims looks really cool after last update !

But Server.exe(and the Game at Client) crashes again and again(and for the 1st Time in Editor to).

So i added a Option to Choppers for the Divers(jumpout)

? alive player and vehicle player isKindOf "Helicopter"

jump = player addaction ["<t color='#ffff33'>jump out</t>", "moveout.sqs"]; hint parseText "<t color='#ffff33'>save jump out Altitude lower then 25m, Speed slower then 10km/h (the Water should be deep blue)</t>";

if i have a Parachute and i open the Chute, i get this hint Message like a Chopper ?! But iam not in a Chopper. The Chutes are included in "Helicopter" ?

second thing is. If i land with overspeed in the Chute, i die and the Chute is burning like a explosion !? That should be ?

Maybe that helps for fixing the Chutes.

Dwarden

can you please create simple repro mission for testing and then goto feedback tracker and upload the mission to it?

yes i will do this now.

greetings Thunder

really nice Patch again and both Problems are solved(burning Chute and Cute is Helicopter) but the Game/Server crashes again while jumping :(

greetings Thunder

ticket on feedback tracker? repro mission ?

where is the report Issue Button ? cant find them :( must be logged in or somthing ?

lol found him

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

If you have a Bohemia Interactive Profile, you can simply(LOL) sign up by logging in with your username and password

is the same Account like this right ? If i login i get ....

The username is invalid. Usernames may only contain Latin letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens, dots, plus signs and underscores.

So how much Accounts i must create to send a Feedback ?

ok i have created a new account. the confirmation Mail needs longer then 24 Hours ? cmon guys !

Edited by [J4F]Thunder666

So there was a Mistake. You guys has fixed the burning Chutes right. But not the second error in public Version. If jump and open the Chute i get the same Error as before from the Trigger for our Choppers.

alive player and vehicle player isKindOf "Helicopter"

<< Trigger condition

hint parseText "<t color='#ffff33'>save jump out Altitude lower then 25m, Speed slower then 10km/h (the Water should be deep blue)</t>";

<< on activation

so why i get this in a Parachute ? Cant be normal right ?

Any News about the Server crash or the exploding Rotors ? I have send you Guys a error free Mission for testing ! Can you please make a update.

If you release at 12.9. with this errors we can shutdown our C&H Server and deinstall A3 :(. There are no longer Guys connect to the Server with that Buggs. I repeat, the exploding Rotors are since the last update ! And the Server.exe crashes after using the Chutes.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12064 << Ticket

greetings Thunder

@BIS

so i think i found the Problem which made exploding Rotors,Choppers and Server crashing while using the Parachutes.

We have a Base Protection in the Missions and using the "ProtectionZone_Invisible_F" for protection. I have removed this Pprotection now and all is fine. No longer exploding Choppers and it seems no longer Server crashes if we use Parajumping.(30 Jumps without crash). :yay:

The Problem is we need this Base Protection :) !

Can you Guys please Check this or maybe you have a Solution for this Problem ?

thx in advance

greetings Thunder

PRIVATE ["_R","_marker","_x","_y","_z","_model","_a","_b","_c","_test"];

_marker = _this select 0;

_R = ((getMarkerSize _marker) select 0); //Aussenradius

_x = ((getmarkerpos _marker) select 0); //Mittelpunkt x
_y = ((getmarkerpos _marker) select 1); //Mittelpunkt y

_test = "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" createVehicleLocal [_x,_y];
_z = ((getposASL _test) select 2);
_z = _z - 20;
deletevehicle _test;

[color="#FF0000"]_model = "ProtectionZone_Invisible_F"; [/color]// Klassenname der Geometry

_a = 30; // Breite
_b = 30; // Höhe
_c = 30; // Tiefe

for "_lx" from (_x - _R) to (_x + _R) step _a do
{
for "_ly" from (_y - _R) to (_y + _R) step _c do
{

_pos = [_lx,_ly,_z];

if ((_pos distance [_x,_y,_z])<(_R - (0.5 * _a))) then
	{
		_veh = _model createvehicle _pos;

_veh setposASL _pos;