Sign in to follow this  
Rodbar

Beta stuttering

Stutter didn't start until Beta. Once beta started, I got stuttering and crashing issues. the "-nologs" was suggested as a fix/workaround. Fixed the crash, but not the stutter. I'm not the only one. It's not my PC. Performance issues are a staple of the Arma series...

Just tried Arma 3, and noticed annoying stutter, and lower fps. A problem obviously.

Everything was ok this morning. 60+ fps flying over Stratis, no stuttering at all.

...Then I remembered that I changed the SSAO setting from off to very high at some point.

Changed it back off and everything is fine again.

Edited by Azzur33

Have had stuttering on/off depending on dev release, but seems to be back with the latest one EXE rev. 08982

I just re-opted into the dev branch (I'm finicky) and noticed the stutter right away when I went to create a mission. My framerate showed a steady 60fps according to FRAPS, but movement felt sluggish/laggy. As someone else pointed out, though, it only proved to be an issue when I had one rifleman and a couple of civs in the game. I loaded up one of my bigger missions (a ten man squad, as well as three other AI squads, and three pieces of armor vs a CSAT base filled with opfor, armor, and a hovering chopper) and the stutter was nonexistant (although my framerate dropped to around 30! LOL. That's another issue...)