Sign in to follow this  
Rodbar

Beta stuttering

Ive reset the settings to what I had in alpha and its choppy on panning around not major but not good and the blurs and clipping that come in an out are nauseating , Ive got a powerful machine that ran the Alpha smoothly , I think this will give a few people a major headache after playing it for a while , I was kinda expecting better technical performance out of the beta I hope the tweaking threads start up soon .

GTX 670

i7 quad

16 gig ram

ssd drives

Win 7 64

Yes! Same here, huge stuttering. Every 1/2 second to a second it pauses and stutters. Annoying!

ATI 6870

I5 3570k at 4.4ghz

8gb Ram

HDD

Win 7 64.

Me three. Didn't have this issue in the alpha. Turned down the usual video settings (that FPS counter is really nice) but my frames were at 20-30!

Turned off SSAO and it improved somewhat. Turned FXAA to SMAA and that helped too. Got my frames up to 50-60ish like in the alpha. Still stuttering though.

i5 2500k

8gb ram

win 7 x64

ati 6950 1gb

nothing overclocked

Is this on Singleplayer and/or Multiplayer missions?

I've got this problem mainly on multiplayer.

For me its in the editor just with a few riflemen and also in the first mission , I downloaded a few missions and will see how they go but Im not liking the way this game is progressing performance wise its running worse than the Alpha .

Same here. I keep watching my fps but it's not dipping. It's like one of those user made addons that have really bad textrures or configurations that make it slow down the game as it tries to keep up with the game settings.

Had that today. Suprisingly shutting down Firefoy, Spotify, WinRar and Notepad++ fixed it.

Same issue here. Tried to defrag. No luck.

I have i5-2500k OC'ed to 4.6GHZ and GTX680s in SLI on 8MB RAM.

Edited by TeAcH

Some stuttering here aswell

I7 3700k GTX680 16GB Ram

Check the RPT file and see if that is increasing in size during your mission / game, this is what caused me and many others issues last time as it wrote it out to the hard disk (those of us not on SSD) so it completed with texture streaming.

If it is then I did post a quick fix to create a RAMDisk using a free utility and pointing your profile at that, it then removed the stutters, hopefully this isnt back as I removed my ramdisk a while back, simple to put back.

Had that today. Suprisingly shutting down Firefoy, Spotify, WinRar and Notepad++ fixed it.

If you fixed it, using this method, it seems a CPU/memory overload.... what do you think about guys?

Lol, I know the game is only BETA but instead of reducing problems with performance we get more :)

All things will be sorted in time I'm sure. I suppose it all comes down to priorities.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier.

Same issue for me. Stuttering since beta. Did not have this problem in Alpha. Dwarden posted the "-nologs" workaround and asked for feedback. Didn't fix stuttering for me. Posted as much and got told it was my pc being too bad, or already well-optimized :/

Anyway. Yes, this is an issue since beta that did not exist in alpha. Haven't heard anything from devs yet about it. Hopefully, they will acknowledge and fix soon. It only adds to the already persistent performance/utilization issues.

By the looks of it mate, not many people are having this issue. Try closing down any background processes you have running etc.

hi

I get it too since beta. Also was fine under alpha

i tried to validate when and why the stuttering comes, so for me on all max(12kview+12kobjects, all ultra just atoc of, fxaa ultra) only the initial streaming of everything stutters, after a drive in the editor from airport to kamino over the streets, after agia, all stuttering is gone.

watching youtube etc in backround(music^^), game consumes 1.2gig ram and 2gigs of my 3gigs Video ram.

so i guess the first streaming of data is the worst, even i got a dual ssd config. viewed the frametimes with msi afterburner and on initial streaming almost every third frame(28fps on settings above) takes three times the time of the other frames.35ms to over 100ms per frame.

but as i said before, just the first loading of objects, textures etc. after agia at 035058 all fine no more stutter, when not looking at agia even over 50fps.

specs:

i7 2700k @ 4.4ghz+ht on

1866mhz 8gb ddr3

hd7970@ stock

maybe some of you trying higher viewranges to look if cpu limit or gpu limit is more worse.

I can't say for sure, but it would appear the stuttering is worse in the beginning... but, it doesn't go away for me entirely after that. Seems like it improved a bit (I initially said "quite a bit", but I've since had to revise that statement after logging some more play time) since the last stable branch patch, but still there. Very bad still with AiA since beta. And, when I run into those pesky utilization issues, the stutter becomes even worse with frame rate drops. But it stutters whether I am getting 60 or 20 fps.

p.s. I play at less than 2k view distance.

Alt-Tab from the game after the mission loads and then get back in. Fixed?

This stutter has got to go. Annoying. As if performance issues aren't bad enough without adding this on top of it.

Has a dev even acknowledged that some people have gotten stutter since beta? Things are getting worse, instead of better, it seems.

This stutter has got to go. Annoying. As if performance issues aren't bad enough without adding this on top of it.

Has a dev even acknowledged that some people have gotten stutter since beta? Things are getting worse, instead of better, it seems.

Fixing a stutter that some people have and some don't, is impossible mission for any devs.

I had stuttering in some dev. version, but it was fixed quickly. But that was many weeks ago and everyone had that, and I haven't got any stutters after that.

If you really have bad performance issues and stuttering, you should check your PC first.

Have you tried this?

"Open msconfig, disable all programs that launch on startup. Reboot. Launch game."

Good way to test if the problem is in some program you run.

Also have you guys checked the right profile after alpha? Because alpha and beta profiles are in different folders and beta settings went back to default because of that. You might want to check again GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1; in Arma 3.cfg. That would explain why some people suddenly get stuttering right ater Arma 3 went beta.

Stutter didn't start until Beta. Once beta started, I got stuttering and crashing issues. the "-nologs" was suggested as a fix/workaround. Fixed the crash, but not the stutter. I'm not the only one. It's not my PC. Performance issues are a staple of the Arma series...