Sign in to follow this  
teach

Surrendering Soldiers!

Man, how about adding the occasional surrendering soldier or disabled tank crew BIS? You know, a model that drops his weapon, raises his hands in the air and stands up (or walks towards you - hands raised)?

Then you add new commands RESTRAIN PRISONER or COVER PRISONER and a soldier stays to cover someone or the prisoner is bound and left at a location. Of course there will be the player who takes no prisoners and shoots everyone - thats cool. But this needs to be considered for a patch.

It sure would do a lot to break the AI out of the mold of drones and add a little character to them. ####, Id even like to see the soldiers shout more or wail after being wounded.

(Edited by TeAcH at 6:48 am on Oct. 25, 2001)

Very nice idea.

However, it would be difficult to alter the code right now, I am assuming. You can make them surrender with a script, however smile.gif

Yeah having soldiers surrender at times would make this a lot more realistic and fun. Would like to see it added built in but we'll probably need to wait for OFP2. sad.gif

Couldn't you make a trigger that senses when more than 10 enemy men are dead, and then that makes people removeallweapons and switchmove "handsinair"

or whatever it is.

Again, that was my idea raised month ago.

Point is to ADD LOGIC TO AI which will make them able to decide ON THEIR OWN to surrende.

For example, surrounded / heavily wounded / out of ammo soldiers and/or strayed soldiers who lost their buddies from visibility scope.

Yes, of course, depending on skill and rank.

Possible, for example that skill >0.75 does not surrender... Or something...

That would be really cool, now they fight to the death like Rambo smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from teargas on 12:59 pm on Oct. 30, 2001

Again, that was my idea raised month ago.

Point is to ADD LOGIC TO AI which will make them able to decide ON THEIR OWN to surrende.

For example, surrounded / heavily wounded / out of ammo soldiers and/or strayed soldiers who lost their buddies from visibility scope.

Yes, of course, depending on skill and rank.

Possible, for example that skill >0.75 does not surrender... Or something...

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that would be really cool. But then it's got to be made so that the AI won't shoot at surrendered enemies. Cool idea dude!

Surrendering enemy's are cool, but what about enemies feigning death? Or enemy's that run away when they run out of ammo? And animals in the game? BIS should add all these features to the game.

Gorgi

----------

Oink, oink

----------

(1) What do we do with emeny soldiers that surrender?  (2) How do we secure them for transport to the rear areas? (3) Will the surrendering soldiers provide any vital intel, or just use our resources to guard them?

Isn't it easier to put a bullet in their brain than to try to answer these three questions?

-=Die Alive=-

1) See my original post. We Assign gaurds, call in transports, tie them up, or shoot them. Perhaps, we can interrogate them from the menu and they provide some intel.

2) See #1

3) See #1

Thanks and yes, bullet in brain is easier but it is vital to make "AI" act with less "A" and more "I" (or so to speak)

great idea. shame bis missed it out, like a multitude of details.

"restrain prisoner" command? just shoot him! biggrin.gif

OR you can have an execution squad to execute prisoners or something if they're not useful for anything.

tounge.gif    This is what I'm experimenting with in OFP now. Getting some Western Captives and using an M2 Machine gun and mowing them down. Or some traitorous civilians. wink.gif

Lukin, Lukin, Lukin. Bad boy! This is the fourth prehistoric post you dug up today to add nothing to. Don't do it again.

Closing smile.gif