Sign in to follow this  
cross888

Tracked Vehichels

Hello,

I was wondering weather or not your intend to add the tracked vehichels to the beta. My priamry reason for asking for this is because we have our own CVRT fleet from ARMA2 that we wish to continue developing in ARMA3.

Esepecialy seen as these vehichels would meet the ARMA3 time scale due to the british armys operational service life extention.

Thank you

If you're talking about heavy armor, you're going to have to wait until release (or a little before it for the dev build).

The Beta is already out, and seeing that the only armor additions are wheeled APC's, I'm assuming no tracked vehicles will be added.

yeah we will likely not see mbt's and larger apcs (Namer or what ever it'll be called in game) and fixed wing until the later dev builds prior to the game going gold.

Here's something you could vote for if your a tank/ tracked vehicle fan: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10331

It is for an actual vehicle transport truck for moving tanks and other large heavy objects like your old unarmored HEMTT truck that broke down after hitting a pebble on the road! :)

I guess they are still working on the PhysX for the tracked vehicels.

It would be nice if the base 'Tank'/'Tracked' cfg classes were released at least, or even better an example on how to get tracked vehicles working for now. Only reason we are pressing now is the Alpha was released way back at the start of March and there are a lot of projects halted in ArmA3 due to not having the base classes, animations, and weapons available to base things from!

I figured that since we now have tracked vehicles in the beta, why not use this as a feedback thread for them?

So, commence feedback:

They get stuck on the smallest of things. When AI is driving they don't try to go around those small stone fences around fields, they drive over them. And currently that usually means they'll get stuck with the tracks just spinning there with no grip even though they're clearly on the wall.

I figured that since we now have tracked vehicles in the beta, why not use this as a feedback thread for them?

So, commence feedback:

They get stuck on the smallest of things. When AI is driving they don't try to go around those small stone fences around fields, they drive over them. And currently that usually means they'll get stuck with the tracks just spinning there with no grip even though they're clearly on the wall.

In my exp with the game, the tracked vehicles don't have problem to go through small fences or ram walls. But they have the same problem as many other vehicles that when ai drives them they tend to get stuck easily in all other obstacles.

Ad they also sometimes drive over other ai soldiers or vehicles ( though specially in high armored vehicles, as they don't have much vision while inside, could be somehow believable )